Missouri - The Springfield Three--missing since June 1992 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
the behaviour of the visitors that morning I have a lot of trouble reconciling.

- why in the world would all these people who didn't live there and were not family feel comfortable roaming around sherill's house with nobody there?????
put yourself in this position....I would call out maybe do a 'quick'lap through realise they were not there and LEAVE.
but oh no they leave they come back they stay...they clean up?????....they answer the phone????they erase messages from the answering machine????
all without 'realising ' its a crimescene…..so if you don't realise its a crimescene WHY ARE YOU HERE LOITERING ??its not your house.

- how perfectly timed.....Janelle answers the phone to hear some creepy guy say really weird stuff to her....

- I am not sure who (maybe janelles mother?) then takes it upon herself to ERASE the phone messages accidently of course.

-they take it upon themselves to CLEAN UP the broken glass out the front . someone elses house?...….who isn't here?...…

- why didn't the girls stay at janelles as planned???
ironic its janelles crew who are HOVERING and CONTAMINATING around sherills the next morning.

have no idea the above points relevance.
its just all fishy
imo :confused::confused:

Your questions are certainly warranted! It was Stacie's mom who erased the message(s).

I 'assume' there were no more obscene calls that came in after LE took over. hmmm If not, then IMO those responsible knew when LE took over the house. Did LE immediately unplug the phone? Dumb move on their part IF they did.

Hi, I’m new here - from Scotland UK

I watched a TV prog. about these 3 unfortunate woman about 3yrs ago which was so baffling every so often I’d check for updates in the hope their families have answers. Discovered Websleuths a few months back and read through the threads (took me days) popped back on again couple days ago and in process of reading threads again - the more I learn from you guys the more puzzled I become

The sheer determination and dedication of those here digging to uncover the truth is admirable

A quick question, think I read recently that Cox knew a member of the Robb family - is this correct ?

Hi, I’m new here - from Scotland UK

I watched a TV prog. about these 3 unfortunate woman about 3yrs ago which was so baffling every so often I’d check for updates in the hope their families have answers. Discovered Websleuths a few months back and read through the threads (took me days) popped back on again couple days ago and in process of reading threads again - the more I learn from you guys the more puzzled I become

The sheer determination and dedication of those here digging to uncover the truth is admirable

A quick question, think I read recently that Cox knew a member of the Robb family - is this correct ?
99% sure it was Steve Garrison who knew the Robb family.

Ive been reading every message on these threads for the last few weeks...one thing that has always struck me about the crime scene photos (and maybe i havent seen them all) is that when i see sherrills "slept in bed" i wonder where her pillows are...i have my own views on what i think happened and i think the intruder was in the home when the girls got there, i think that sherrill was already dead by then and the perp/s had to make all three disappear...i think that the girls washed up got ready for bed and suzie went in to say goodnight to her mum and walked in on an awful scene ..i think stacy would have been the hardest to subdue i imagine suzie would have been in shock at the sight of her mum being dead and therefore easier to control..of course all just my opinion based on all i have been reading about the case here and on redit...

Ive been reading every message on these threads for the last few weeks...one thing that has always struck me about the crime scene photos (and maybe i havent seen them all) is that when i see sherrills "slept in bed" i wonder where her pillows are...i have my own views on what i think happened and i think the intruder was in the home when the girls got there, i think that sherrill was already dead by then and the perp/s had to make all three disappear...i think that the girls washed up got ready for bed and suzie went in to say goodnight to her mum and walked in on an awful scene ..i think stacy would have been the hardest to subdue i imagine suzie would have been in shock at the sight of her mum being dead and therefore easier to control..of course all just my opinion based on all i have been reading about the case here and on redit...

I have thought that perhaps Sherrill was dead when the girls arrived but then thought why would the suspect(s) have loaded Sherrils dead body up and removed her from her home? I can see that Suzie and Stacy were removed for sexual purposes and possibly kept alive for a period of time .....I think it is possible that the intruder was in the home when Suzie and Stacy arrived , perhaps Sherrill was unconscious when Suzie went in to tell her mother goodnight, Stacy heard the commotion and tried to escape through the back door /yard but found there was no way out....Taking an unconscious Sherrill would have been a way to control Suzie ....Just my opinion....

The girls were out partying most of the night. They arrived at the Delmar home at 2:45 AM (approximately).

They took off their make-up and were preparing to go to bed. And we know that Stacy was clad only in her panties from the waist down. We have no idea what Suzie was wearing.

Both Sherrill and Suzie were heavy smokers. Since the smell of cigarette smoke arguably would have been very unpleasant to Stacy, who after all, had migraine headaches, it is altogether plausible both of them went outside to smoke cigarettes and leave Stacy to go to sleep and then return inside to go to bed after smoking the cigarettes.

If the lone stalker and with possibly a friend came to the house and they were outside, as seems increasingly plausible, a dispute of some kind arose. They may have been talked to get into the vehicle to talk things over and get calmed down and the visitor(s) were not seen has threatening. And for whatever reason, things went south. They left and realized that there was a third person in the house being there were three cars in the driveway and/or carport. They came back to get Stacy at which time she resisted and was dragged out of the house.

Because of the way the doors swung in opposite directions, it almost certainly took two individuals to get her out of the house. At some point the globe was broken on the porch.

We can eliminate robbery as a motive because of the money left in Sherrrill's purse. No one really knows how the purses came to be lined up on the steps to Suzie's step-down bedroom (a converted garage.) They could have been placed there by one of the 18 or so visitors to the home looking for clues.

The bottom line is that we are running out of suspects.

I believe that it is possible that Suzie and Sherrill could have been outside smoking as I read a statement today here on WS #6 that Janelle saw Suzie and Sherrill's cigarettes in the living room ....She found that odd as she apparently had never seen their cigarettes left in the living room in their previous home when she visited....

Good thought on the cigs.... SPD has lead us to believe there was not a lot of physical evidence inside the house. Perhaps the perp(s) never entered the house.

It has been suggested that Janelle Kirby and Mrs. McCall remembered perfectly well what was said by the obscene caller but were instructed by police not to reveal that information publicly. This seems reasonable since the content of the calls could be used in the interrogation of suspects and to weed out false confessions.

It is chilling to think that the suspect who abducted these women might have called Sherrills home to taunt family and friends....I suppose it is a way of inserting himself into the investigation .....

marable...I think LE should hire you. Serious.
And Garrison, I know for sure on this, he lost phone privileges while incarcerated, I think it was for using profanity with his attorney. hmmmm
He even called M.M. one time and chatted for 10 mins. I still wonder what they talked about but calls are recorded so if it was anything substantial, LE would know about it.

It would seem with a lot of serial killers(I believe that the person(s) who abducted the 3MW had done that before them) that taunting their victims family and friends is a characteristic that many of them share...Israel Keyes (if you do not know about him you should familiarize yourself with this serial killer, frightening) would call his victims homes, respond on the forums about them ....He would even drive down the street where his victims lived while law enforcement investigated their disappearance/murder ....IK could not have abducted the 3MW as he was only 14 years old at the time but he was known to place his potential victims under surveillance by driving around in their neighborhoods , parking across the street from their homes (white van that was seen in the Delmar area for two to three weeks prior to the 3MW going missing), he would search their neighborhood for an empty house or building to take them to....IK entered his victims homes in what he termed a "blitz attack" and was on them before they had a chance to respond....

New member, long time lurker here.
I’m still not completely convinced that the girls made it to the house that night. Everything looks to be staged to me anyway. I think their entire peer group, not just close friends, should have been investigated more thoroughly about whereabouts and timeline.

I am curious about what you think about the waitress at Georges Restaurant who believes that the 3MW were there between 1-3 am Sunday ... ....Is it possible that Suzie called Sherrill and told her that she and Stacy was coming there to sleep? Could Suzie and Stacy have been planning to stop and get something to eat on the way to Sherrills and Sherrill decided to meet them at Georges? That might account for Sherrills missing floral dress .....While eating could they have decided that Sherrill would park under the car port? As they entered the house Sherrill could have told Suzie and Stacy that she was going to brush her teeth etc before they did, put her purse on the step going into Suzie's room and forgot to take it to her room....When she got to her room perhaps the abductor had crawled into her room through the open window and the terror began.... Any thoughts?

I am curious about what you think about the waitress at Georges Restaurant who believes that the 3MW were there between 1-3 am Sunday ... ....Is it possible that Suzie called Sherrill and told her that she and Stacy was coming there to sleep? Could Suzie and Stacy have been planning to stop and get something to eat on the way to Sherrills and Sherrill decided to meet them at Georges? That might account for Sherrills missing floral dress .....While eating could they have decided that Sherrill would park under the car port? As they entered the house Sherrill could have told Suzie and Stacy that she was going to brush her teeth etc before they did, put her purse on the step going into Suzie's room and forgot to take it to her room....When she got to her room perhaps the abductor had crawled into her room through the open window and the terror began.... Any thoughts?

IMO anything's possible in this case which is so bizarre to begin with. The floral dress...I do sorta remember something about that...can you site a reference?
Sadly I'm 99% sure LE discounted the waitress's siting claim... but it seems LE has discounted EVERY sighting. I am confident the public will solve this case.

She wore a floral print dress to Suzie's graduation ....NameUS has the print floral dress listed as items of clothing .....I read either here on WS or Proboards that the dress she wore to the graduation was missing.....I would think that she removed the dress and put on some old clothing after she got home to work on her chest of drawers to avoid staining it , most women would not work on refinishing furniture in their good clothes....That is why I thought that perhaps she put the dress back on and went out after talking with her friend around 11:15 pm.....

She wore a floral print dress to Suzie's graduation ....NameUS has the print floral dress listed as items of clothing .....I read either here on WS or Proboards that the dress she wore to the graduation was missing.....I would think that she removed the dress and put on some old clothing after she got home to work on her chest of drawers to avoid staining it , most women would not work on refinishing furniture in their good clothes....That is why I thought that perhaps she put the dress back on and went out after talking with her friend around 11:15 pm.....
Okay, yes, the dress she's wearing in the graduation photo. I didn't realize it was missing....interesting and another piece to this puzzle.
Any theory concerning where their bodies could be, besides the parking garage?
A 'sinkhole' is an idea I've pondered.

Okay, yes, the dress she's wearing in the graduation photo. I didn't realize it was missing....interesting and another piece to this puzzle.
Any theory concerning where their bodies could be, besides the parking garage?
A 'sinkhole' is an idea I've pondered.

In looking at the pictures from the GPR I definitely believe that there is a human or some animal similar in shape to a human , ie, like a bear buried there as in one I can make out the skull, shoulder joints , elbow joints , ribs , hip and knee joints ...I am a retired RN and have seen enough xrays in my time that one of those forms looks pretty clear....Now, whether the 3MW are buried there I haven't a clue....However , if they are buried there I do not believe that they were taken there and dumped the day they were abducted from 1717 E. Delmar.....What sense would it make to remove three women from Sherrills home , drive 5 miles to CoxHealth and dump them there the day they were abducted ? Why not just leave them at Sherrills home after they did what they were going to do with them? I believe that they were taken somewhere else for hours/days for sexual assaults, torture and murder and then disposed of......Just my opinion....

Missing Person Case (Sherrill)
Missing Person Case (Susie)
Missing Person Case (Stacy)

I 'assume' it's what they were last seen wearing and I agree, how odd to see the floral dress listed. IMO, it's probable to conclude the dress was nowhere to be found, in the house or surrounding area.

I see what you mean concerning doing it all in one night (matter of 3 to 4 hrs til daylight).
Exactly, why go to all that trouble, of abducting 3 people, just to do whatever then burying them at CoxHealth all in a short time period.
hmmmm lots to think about!

That is what I have read that the floral dress she wore to the graduation was not in her house....Her son Bartt , I believe it was on Proboard stated that his mother usually dressed in a pair of men's pajama's or a sweat top and pants but usually slept in the nude.....The abductor(s) could have allowed her to put the dress on I guess but seemingly they did not allow Stacy to put on shoes or shorts as her shorts and shoes were found in Susies room...I believe that the abductor(s) wanted these women barefoot to decrease their chances for escape....So frightening to think about being in your own home , your safe place and are suddenly taken without a trace.....

a dress would be easier to slip on in a hurry......with Stacy in her skivvies, the perps definitely planned on none of the women being seen which IMO a van had to be use, which means Kat's van sighting is that much more legit. And how many vans had a 'split' windshield in '92? I don't remember ever seeing one like that (before I saw the photo). 99% sure LE went to the junk yard to replicate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
liacoletti