TX TX - Houston, MixedRaceFem 15-17, UP10722, 'He Smurfs Me' TShirt, Oct'12 #2

She's no longer listed in NCMEC. I think she may have been found.

Also, her date last seen is after Smurfette was found.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Yes, that's why I flat out said her missing date. The of lack of info is what made her report seem iffy. But the facial similarities had me feel the need to at least mention her here.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

A long shot because I'm not even sure she was followed-up in nephrology. Could had been a completely different specialty.

I think the core concept is still valid regardless of the specialty. If the girl had a profound condition of any sort, there is a pretty good chance that she would have been screened for treatment in Mexico- though such treatment would be limited by US standards.

The trouble is that Mexico is a large nation. Liikewise, the girl's contact with the Mexican care givers could have been brief.

I'm not so sure that screening is available everywhere in Mexico. Not in the poorest areas, imo.

And with such profound condition, care available for her might be only in private facilities. Therefore, her parents being too poor to pay for her medical care, her parents might had been misled into being given in care

Wow, that mentions Houston, TX! Now I'm confused though, as it says someone (her mom?) was waiting for her to return home to Mexico from a trip to Houston, TX. The English story I linked earlier said she was visiting Mexico. Which was it? Was the American reporter confused/given a bad translation?

Also she supposedly texted her mom saying she was already in Mexcio and on her way home but anyone could have used the phone to send that text. JMO.

I think her poor mother was being extorted by people who didn't even have her daughter. JMO.

One of the cousins called his mother when they were near Mante, about 2 1/2 hours from home which is why they know they had made it back into Mexico. I speak and read Spanish fluently. I just read a bunch of articles about their disappearance. It seems that about 3 years after they were abducted they found parts of the pick up truck and were told by an informant that the girl was separated from her uncle and male cousins. She was given to one of the Zeta bosses. His then girlfriend was the one who took her and supposedly trafficked her. The authorities haven’t been able to find said girlfriend to question her.

http://www.elgrafico.mx/especiales/feminicidios/23-06-2015/hay-esperanzas-de-que-mily-este-viva

Also, last year her mother, who started a foundation named Ciencia Forense Ciudadana, was awarded €100,000 by the Dutch government for the work she does helping other families with missing/abducted family members in Mexico. She took forensic DNA courses in Mexico and in the US to help identify remains. Basically the foundation is the Mexican equivalent of Namus as their government doesn’t have an official database. She has located over 48 separate tombs with remains of multiple victims in southern Tamaulipas where her daughter went missing. This mother is a force to be reckoned with. She has been threatened by the narcos but says she won’t stop until she and other families have answers.

http://www.hoylosangeles.com/efe-3458052-13631473-20171204-story.html

I'm not so sure that screening is available everywhere in Mexico. Not in the poorest areas, imo.

And with such profound condition, care available for her might be only in private facilities. Therefore, her parents being too poor to pay for her medical care, her parents might had been misled into being given in care

I can't say for certain either.

I volunteered with Mexican nuns for several years. Children with profound conditions at their orphanage received screening and care from several sources including pro bono doctors the nuns knew, the Mexican government, and Mexican charitable foundations.

The nuns often combined the sources to pick up where one fell short. Once again, this does not mean that the children received US level treatment, just that they were screened and treated.

Likewise, I was informed by a director of another orphanage (protestant) that disabled children in their facility were also screened and received limited treatment via the same three general sources. As to whether a significant majority of poor children in Mexico have access to similar treatment level, I don't know.

As a guess, I can say.... probably. Mexico, though, is a big country,

I can't say for certain either.

I volunteered with Mexican nuns for several years. Children with profound conditions at their orphanage received screening and care from several sources including pro bono doctors the nuns knew, the Mexican government, and Mexican charitable foundations.

The nuns often combined the sources to pick up where one fell short. Once again, this does not mean that the children received US level treatment, just that they were screened and treated.

Likewise, I was informed by a director of another orphanage (protestant) that disabled children in their facility were also screened and received limited treatment via the same three general sources. As to whether a significant majority of poor children in Mexico have access to similar treatment level, I don't know.

As a guess, I can say.... probably. Mexico, though, is a big country,
I didn't say "screening was unavailable".

However, screening for rare disease is not offered in State facilities in poor countries.
Methylation genetic testing is very expensive, and are more often than not available only in private facilities in poor countries.

Kidney disease is rare in children. While simple blood tests do pick up a kidney disease, the cause of it is not as easy to pinpoint without specific tests.
Most children with kidney disease are affected by a rare disease, unlike with adults.

AFAIK, there are only few pediatric nephrology facilities, and dialysis cost quite a lot of money. Unless I am confusing with Honduras for the dialysis aspect.

Last edited:
However, screening for rare disease is not offered in State facilities in poor countries.

AFAIK, there are only few pediatric nephrology facilities, and dialysis cost quite a lot of money. Unless I am confusing with Honduras for the dialysis aspect.

Mexico is probably hard to categorize as far as health and screenings / treatments to poor citizens go. Mexico is simply not a poor country by global standards.

Rather Mexico is a "second world" country with wealthier Mexican states probably approaching lower tier "first world" standards regarding public health. There is a world of difference between Mexico and say, Honduras and Guatemala.

In the end, I think figuring out what screenings / treatments a poor Mexican citizen would likely receive would take specific knowledge of the conditions and Mexican public health as a whole.

That wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if she was found deceased.

I've seen it done in one other case. The idea was that as people age, they often look more like their parents, and maybe somebody who knew her mother but not her might recognize her from it.

But on the whole, yeah, not very common.

I've seen it done in one other case. The idea was that as people age, they often look more like their parents, and maybe somebody who knew her mother but not her might recognize her from it.

But on the whole, yeah, not very common.
Huh, never thought of that! Interesting idea...

I think it's important to remember that isotope testing determined that smurfette spent a good part of her life in/near San Antonio, that doesn't necessarily mean she went missing from there though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back