TX TX - Genene Jones, Serial Baby Killer, Scheduled For Early Release

I am so glad people are doing what they can to try and keep her locked up.
That's awesome! I hope it's successful. :please:

www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-576...ens-of-infants-could-be-released-from-prison/

"...Those who worked with her are certain that she "will kill another baby" if she goes free, and investigators are working to see if they can build another case against Jones..." end
Surely they're not going to allow her to work in another hospital or daycare, are they ?

Hope it's o.k. to 'bump' this case.
Just horrifying and if I could go there in person and protest this, I would !

How would this Genene like to be helpless and have a hospital employee come and inject her with something ??

TEXAS DA MEETS WITH MOMS FIGHTING TO KEEP THE "KILLER NURSE" BEHIND BARS

On Tuesday, Rodriguez met with DA Reed and her staff for three hours and then gave a statement to investigators for another ninety minutes detailing how she believes Jones murdered her son.

"It was a really good meeting and I have a good feeling that they are going to put something together and keep this woman in jail," Rodriguez told CBS News.

Chelsea McClellan's mother, Petti McClellan-Wiese, also attended Tuesday's meeting along with victim advocate Andy Kahan.

"It is just a matter of right and wrong. You do not release a serial-killer, you just don't," said McClellan-Wiese.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/genene-...ighting-to-keep-the-killer-nurse-behind-bars/

San Antonio Express-News:

Convicted child-killer Genene Jones charged in another death

Genene Jones, a former San Antonio nurse convicted in 1984 of killing a child and labeled the “Angel of Death” for suspicions she killed dozens of other infants and children, now faces a second new murder charge.

Jones, who is in state prison serving a 99-year-term for murder, was indicted Wednesday by a Bexar County grand jury in connection with the the September 1981 death of Rosemary Vega, a 2-year-old girl.
---
more at the link

Former Texas nurse to be arraigned in deaths of 5 children

"SAN ANTONIO
An imprisoned former nurse who prosecutors believe could be responsible for the deaths of up to 60 Texas children is set to be arraigned on murder charges in the deaths of five children in the early 1980s.

Genene Jones, who is 67, will be arraigned Thursday in San Antonio. The Bexar County district attorney's office has announced the five indictments over the last year.

Jones is serving concurrent 99-year and 60-year sentences in state prison for the killing of a 15-month-old and the sickening of 4-week-old. She was scheduled to be freed from prison in March under a mandatory release law in place when she was convicted..."

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article188392184.html
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘I Really Did Kill Those Babies’

"Genene Jones, a Texas nurse long suspected of more than a dozen child murders decades ago but convicted of only one, allegedly confessed.

Convicted murderer Genene Jones, suspected for decades of killing more than a dozen children while working as a nurse at San Antonio’s charity hospital, offered several chilling confessions while in a Texas prison, according to court testimony by a prosecutor on Wednesday.

During an October 1998 prison interview for a parole review, Jones tearfully told a parole officer “I really did kill those babies,” testified Bexar County Assistant District Attorney Jason Goss, who is leading the prosecution on five additional murder charges. On another occasion, Goss told the court, a fellow inmate wrote the parole board opposing Jones’ release, explaining that Jones had told her: “I didn’t kill those babies. The voices in my head did.”

The alleged admissions surfaced during a pretrial hearing in state court in San Antonio. That’s where Jones, now 67, faces five new murder charges in the mysterious deaths, which took place in the pediatric intensive care unit at Medical Center Hospital in 1981 and 1982.

Wednesday’s hearing was held to hear arguments by the court-appointed lawyer for Jones, who has pleaded not guilty, to have the new charges thrown out. ...

Despite long-standing suspicions that Jones was a serial killer—other nurses called her hours on duty “the Death Shift”—she was not charged in the hospital deaths during the original 1980s investigation. However, she was convicted in 1984 of using a paralyzing muscle relaxant to murder 15-month-old Chelsea McClellan. That crime occurred at a different medical institution, a small-town pediatric clinic where Jones went to work after being sent off from the San Antonio hospital with a good recommendation.

Jones received a 99-year sentence for that crime (and a concurrent sentence for injuring another child with a blood thinner in San Antonio). But a short-lived Texas law aimed at easing over-crowding led to her being scheduled for mandatory release last month, after she had served about a third of her sentence...."

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news/n...m_source=Campaign Monitor&utm_term=Read Story
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay - here's what I put together from reading the articles and finding a court docket.

Thursday, July 19th:
Trial set to begin - TX - 5 victims (4 boys/1 girl from ages 3 mos o 2 yrs) (July 1981 to Jan. 1982) - Genene Jones (68) - charged with 5 counts of murder.
*indicted 10/25/17 for 7/3/81 death. Last hearing 1/24/18.
*indicted 3/28/17 for 12/12/81 death of Joshua Sawyer (11 mos) Last hearing 4/19/18.
*indicted 6/1/17 for 9/16/81 death of Rosemary Vegas (2 yrs) Last hearing 1/24/18.
*indicted 6/26/17 for 7/3/81 death. Last hearing 1/24/18.
*indicted 6/26/17 for 1/17/82 death. Last hearing 1/24/18.
Trial will start July 19, 2018.
Genene Jones - From 2015: convicted in 1985 of murder of Chelsea McClellan (15 mos old) & the attempted murder of another infant. Sentenced to 99 years in prison. (Plus 60 years for attempted murder). In 2013, CNN described the reason for Jones’ impending release as “an old Texas law designed to prevent prison overcrowding. The Mandatory Release law allows inmates convicted of violent crimes between 1977 and 1987 to be automatically released if their “good behavior” credit plus their time served equals their sentence. The law was changed in 1987 to exclude violent criminals, but it isn’t retroactive.
2018: after giving defense a deadline for a plea deal that would impose a sentence delaying her mandatory release until after her one-hundredth birthday. The Jan. 31, 2018 deadline passed without a response. Cox said consideration of any plea agreement was “just a little bit premature at this point.”
3/1/18 was extradited from Gatesville to Bexar County jail.

Thursday, July 19th:
*Trial set to begin - TX - 5 victims (4 boys/1 girl from ages 3 mos to 2 yrs) (July 1981 to Jan. 1982) - Genene Jones (68) - charged with 5 counts of murder. Plead not guilty. $1M bond for each case.
*indicted 10/25/17 for 7/3/81 death. Last hearing 1/24/18.
*indicted 3/28/17 for 12/12/81 death for Joshua Sawyer (11 mos). Last hearing 4/19/18.
*indicted 6/1/17 for 9/16/81 death for Rosemary Vegas (2 yrs). Last hearing 1/24/18.
*indicted 6/26/17 for 7/3/81 death. Last hearing 1/24/18.
*indicted 6/26/17 for 1/17/82 death. Last hearing 1/24/18.
Trial will start July 19, 2018.

From 2015: convicted in 1985 of murder of Chelsea McClellan (15 mos old) & the attempted murder of another infant. Sentenced to 99 years in prison (plus 60 years for attempted murder). In 2013, CNN described the reason for Jones’ impending release as “an old Texas law designed to prevent prison overcrowding. The Mandatory Release law allows inmates convicted of violent crimes between 1977 and 1987 to be automatically released if their “good behavior” credit plus their time served equals their sentence. The law was changed in 1987 to exclude violent criminals, but it isn’t retroactive.
2018: after giving defense a deadline for a plea deal that would impose a sentence delaying her mandatory release until after her one-hundredth birthday. The Jan. 31 deadline passed without a response. Cox said consideration of any plea agreement was “just a little bit premature at this point.”
3/1/18 was extradited from Gatesville to Bexar County jail.
5/30/18: Under went Psych evaluation.

6/20/18: Awaiting Psych report.
7/19/18: Court site says Trial to start today.

Lori Wimberley‏ @LoriWimberley 14h14 hours ago
Listened to 20 - “Angel Of Mercy” - Genene Jones from Female Criminals @Stitcher @ParcastNetwork

"Episode Info

Genene Jones, a pediatric nurse from Texas, is believed to have killed between eleven and forty-six infants and toddlers between 1977 and 1982. Pediatric nurses give care to children, many of whom aren’t able to speak yet. Which is why they perfect targets. Find out what happened in Jones’ childhood that would drive her to murder innocent children...."

49 MINS

20 - “Angel Of Mercy” - Genene Jones from Female Criminals
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well then the court site is wrong... I did look before I posted! :)

I'll make a note to look in the next couple of days & see if they have updated it.

Looks like court is still waiting for psych report....

Just a sort of update - still awaiting psych report....

And another update - still awaiting psych evaluation....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back