Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shisha refers to smoking a molasses fermented and usually fruit flavoured smoking mixture through a hookah (water pipe).

Some smoking mixtures contain actual tobacco and are regulated in the same way as cigarettes, some mixtures have no tobacco & use only other herbs/fruits and these are subject to far less regulation.

It became popular or fashionable in Melbourne several years ago & “Shisha bars/cafes” opened, serving many different flavours & providing the hookahs.

Of course there would be nothing stopping somebody from putting cannabis into the smoking mixture, but that isn’t usually the case.

Long time lurker here... thanks to those of you who have shared reports of the hearing :)
Like many of you I struggle to understand Sarah’s approach. I hope she is getting lots of support from others.
Does anyone know what the criteria is for the magistrate to send the case to trial?

*Chants* Trial..Trial...Trial...Trial!!!!!!!!!!!!

judge-smiley.gif

Thanks soso and others who've posted updates today. Also to those who've contributed in one way or another to the thread, many thanks--have enjoyed reading all the informative, insightful posts. Bring on Day 5!!!

*Chants* Trial..Trial...Trial...Trial!!!!!!!!!!!!

judge-smiley.gif

Thanks soso and others who've posted updates today. Also to those who've contributed in one way or another to the thread, many thanks--have enjoyed reading all the informative, insightful posts. Bring on Day 5!!!

Loved your Judge and Lawyers.:)
Hope you also enjoyed the banter, as 'serious times' are probably going to happen.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/10012356

"The court also heard Ms Ristevski had gone missing many times prior to the day she was last seen alive.

Senior Constable Ante Sandric told the hearing that when Mr Ristevski reported his wife missing, he told police that she had gone missing 20 times before."

Wow and the best example of an argument Sarah could remember is one arising from bringing home more than milk from the supermarket . Come on Sarah, if Karen had "gone missing" 20 times before that's a lot of heated arguments I would imagine. Amongst them would probably be discussing about , as Chris Ristevski has told us, about toxic , money hungry Anthony. 'He's used everyone around him, he's used Karen and Borce. Karen and Borce (Karen's husband) have both given him cars, which he's totally destroyed. Money, accommodation and he's just abused it.' https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.d...-meth-user-no-concern-family-s-heartache.html

Last edited:
Long time lurker here... thanks to those of you who have shared reports of the hearing :)
Like many of you I struggle to understand Sarah’s approach. I hope she is getting lots of support from others.
Does anyone know what the criteria is for the magistrate to send the case to trial?
Welcome Gloria.

575. The Purpose of Committal Proceedings. Committal proceedings are held to determine whether, in the case of more serious criminal offences, there is sufficient, evidence to require the defendant to stand trial. Committal proceedings are generally held before a magistrate, who hears evidence from the prosecution which is recorded and can be used at the trial. After hearing the evidence the magistrate must determine if there is sufficient evidence to justify the defendant being committed for trial. If there is insufficient evidence, the magistrate may discharge the accused person. This does not amount to an acquittal: it is still open for the prosecution to obtain further evidence and bring subsequent committal proceedings, or proceed direct to trial by way of an ex officio indictment.

Committal Proceedings | ALRC

I confess to buying 9 or 11 pairs of shoes in the first few months of this year. Admittedly, most of them were on clearance from K-Mart and around the $5-20 mark, but still :D Never come between a girl and her love for shoes :cool:

Yes. Clearance sales are the way to go: you will look great with your lovely shoes.
BUT then there is hair, makeup, bags, clothes, perfume: never ending.

Yes. Clearance sales are the way to go: you will look great with your lovely shoes.
BUT then there is hair, makeup, bags, clothes, perfume: never ending.

I let down the 'fashionista' code with my annual trim at the hairdresser (no wash and blowdry, thanks), lack of make up and perfume, and designer clothes :D I would not fit in with the R family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23