Identified! AZ - Yavapai Co, 'Little Miss Nobody', WhtFem 6-7, UP10741, Jul'60 - Sharon Lee Gallegos

Wow! Thanks for all the hard work on this. This is a case I keep an eye on.

Does anyone else think her teeth/mouth are unusual? I'm thinking her teeth and mouth shape remind me of FLEK, unknown false Lori Kennedy Ruff.

Wow! Thanks for all the hard work on this. This is a case I keep an eye on.

Does anyone else think her teeth/mouth are unusual? I'm thinking her teeth and mouth shape remind me of FLEK, unknown false Lori Kennedy Ruff.

It was time consuming to set up the email but hopefully it made it easier on the case workers. Hopefully family can give us better photos but am thankful we have the news clippin ones.

Hopefully LE knows where her sister lived to get DNA and once its done processing it will get run in the database; she could be any number of Jane Does or still alive due to being stolen to pose as an adopted child. If I can get in touch with family, I will discuss doing DNA with family at the genealogy sites and adoption databases.

Someone found the article where Sharon's foot prints were ruled out as being LMN.
Sharon's Doe Net profile went online Valentine's day. NCMEC contacted her LE who found her sister still living local, they have gotten a DNA sample which is processing. Hopefully her profile will be online soon. I have no clue why it takes so long to get new juvenile MP's online with NCMEC. You'd think once they spoke to LE, got the MP report and info they'd be good to go.

I made a thread for her Sharon Lee Gallegos age 5 Kidnapped from Alamogordo NM July 21, 1960.

Aug 8, 1960 Prescott Evening Courier - Girl's Body, Kidnap Victim Not Linked: FBI Lab Report Says Prints Not Same

An FBI lab report today ruled out any connection between a small girl's body found near Congress and a kidnapped Alamongordo N.M. girl.

"So, again; we're right back where we started," Yavapai Sheriff Jim Cramer reported.

Cramer and other Yavapai authorities are in the Congress area today to check out other possible clues to the identity of the body found July 31 in a shallow desert grave.

"But the leads still to be checked are aweful flimsy," Under Sheriff Sam Saum said.

The FBI report said the foot prints of the two girls are "definately not of the same girl."

Yavapai officers said that an FBI report covering the girl's clothes and a knife found near the body has not yet been received here.

Another clue, turned up last week, also led to a dead end when the story of a migrant family in the Congress area shortly before the girl's body was found checked out.

attachment.php

[h=3]Trying to identify "Little Miss Nobody"[/h]
16419900_G.jpg

PRESCOTT - The Yavapai County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in identifying the little girl whose skeletal remains were found on July 31,1960, in a sand wash off Alamo Road near Highway 93 outside of Congress, AZ.
Published efforts over the years seeking help to identify the remains have been unsuccessful. This latest effort involves sharing a facial reconstruction image.
Due to this individual's young age, ancestry/race is classified as undetermined. The decedent would be best described as "child" with an age range of 2 to 7 years, with the highest likelihood being 3 to 6 years, an estimated weight of 55 lbs. and a height of 3' 6." These estimates are based upon the skeletal and dental findings from the examination.
http://www.kvoa.com/story/37833294/trying-to-identify-little-miss-nobody

I wonder if the DNA Doe Project would take on "Little Miss Nobody" for their next project? It seems like DNA might be the only way to find her family. At this point her parents and most adults that would have known her may have passed away, but she may have siblings wondering what happened to her or that never even knew about her. This little girl is SOMEBODY. She deserves her name back.

ETA info: https://dnadoeproject.org/
https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProject/

Such a sad case. I’m hoping the DNA will find relatives for her and help find who this little one is. It’s her time.

I wonder if the DNA Doe Project would take on "Little Miss Nobody" for their next project? It seems like DNA might be the only way to find her family. At this point her parents and most adults that would have known her may have passed away, but she may have siblings wondering what happened to her or that never even knew about her. This little girl is SOMEBODY. She deserves her name back.

It may not be possible since she is so young. I wouldn't have thought that would be a factor but on their list of cases that are being considered is the Boy in the Box and there is a comment against his name that he may be too young for their process to work. You can see the list here:

https://www.facebook.com/DNADoeProject/posts/2028048330787275

I don't understand why this should be - maybe it's something they could post about and explain since cases involving young children are likely to be amongst those suggested to them.

And if there is a problem with young children, maybe they could explain what they problem is and the approximate age when their technique becomes viable.

It may not be possible since she is so young. I wouldn't have thought that would be a factor but on their list of cases that are being considered is the Boy in the Box and there is a comment against his name that he may be too young for their process to work. You can see the list here:

I don't understand why this should be - maybe it's something they could post about and explain since cases involving young children are likely to be amongst those suggested to them.

And if there is a problem with young children, maybe they could explain what they problem is and the approximate age when their technique becomes viable.

Hmmm.... Interesting. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm not a DNA scientist. I wonder if there could there be legal red tape involved if they were to try their technique to ID a child or baby? :thinking:

According to DNA Doe Project the issue with children is that in most cases family is involved so they do not want to take on children cases but will consider them depending on circumstances, age of remains. Boy in the box may qualify because anyone involved would be deceased.

If I run across their post I'll bring it here

According to DNA Doe Project the issue with children is that in most cases family is involved so they do not want to take on children cases but will consider them depending on circumstances, age of remains. Boy in the box may qualify because anyone involved would be deceased.

Ah, that makes sense. I hadn't seen anything on their page about this but then I don't use Facebook and can't see anything which requires logging in.

That's understandably sensitive as I doubt anyone will be too keen to find out that a deceased child is a cousin and that their uncle or aunt is therefore suspected of murder. Having said that, until analysis is done and the child identified there's no way of knowing that he or she was the suspected victim of a stranger abduction rather than family violence.

Maybe there's a threshold of remoteness which people are comfortable with where crime might have been committed by a family member, eg OK if the possible perpetrator was a step-sibling or a 2nd cousin but not if he or she was a sibling, parent or grandparent. Or maybe if the case is old enough that a suspect family member is now dead. It's something to think about because I suspect they will get a lot of child cases referred to them.

Has there been any news about what else NCMEC did to her remains? Any possibility of isotope testing? Or would the samples be too old to do something like that?

This is one of those cases that makes me sad. There doesn't seem to be a lot to work with, despite a renewed effort into finding her identity. I have looked through the thread and found a mention of Sharon Lee Gallegos. I really feel like LMN may be her. The timing, similar clothing, and within 8 hours of where she was last seen. It just seems like too many things line up to be a coincidence, but unfortunately, Sharon isn't in Namus, and no identifiers or DNA seem to be available; therefore, we can't be certain unless we have these to compare.
Sadly, I don't think LMN will ever be identified. :(

She could have been small for her age, and if she was being neglected IMO she could have seemed even younger due to malnutrition.

This newspaper article said she had a full and perfect set of baby teeth.

I very much doubt that a full and perfect set of baby teeth would go hand in hand with malnutrition.

Has there been any news about what else NCMEC did to her remains? Any possibility of isotope testing? Or would the samples be too old to do something like that?

Since they were able to successfully extract DNA, which is subject to deterioration, there's no reason why they would not have been able to do isotope analysis since the isotopes in the bone, teeth and hair are much more durable. Isotopes in her teeth would reveal where her very early childhood was spent and those in her hair would show where she had lived during the year or so before her death. IIRC hair generally grows at around half an inch per month, and looking at the recent reconstruction I'd say her hair is at least 6" long. Obviously there is some disagreement over her exact age, but it looks to me as though teeth and hair analysis would reveal almost half of this child's life in geographical terms.

Unfortunately I've not seen anything to suggest the isotopes were done when she was exhumed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back