Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Gooddeeds. Although, I did not get told how many points I received... Unless I didn't get any?... but I must have? This is difficult to work out.

You are welcome Ana, but darn it I know there was a more recent post from Tricia about this. Not the details necessarily, but something about making it clear. I will keep hunting:)

Look at their profile, it’s on the bottom.

I just noticed your post says 10:08 am.
I didn’t post the previous until well after 4:00pm.

So go to members and then staff members? Check for green tab? I hope I don't need to check each mod's profile.

I posted my question at 5:08 pm so not sure why you are seeing a different time.

So go to members and then staff members? Check for green tab? I hope I don't need to check each mod's profile.

I posted my question at 5:08 pm so not sure why you are seeing a different time.

This is what is reflected from here. Not a big deal but something to put on the list.

Attachments

• 1841EBB3-D359-4D99-A145-A58FDD2DE359.jpeg
    1841EBB3-D359-4D99-A145-A58FDD2DE359.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 29
Any info on how to find the most up to date post? The previous site had them listed in order according to the latest post. Here, as in other threads there are several pages, not in any particular order with only the start dates of each thread (February being the last). The ‘Deceased, Arrest, Found’ are also mixed together on some pages.
TIA

TriciaOwner Websleuths.comStaff Member Administrator
This I believe is going to take some getting used too. The good news is this system takes the guess work out of time outs.

Whenever you get any points given to you because of a violation you will automatically get a notification. In the notification will be the warning and how many points are now on your account because of TOS violation .

Example: let's say you post in the Casey Anthony forum something snarky to another member like, " vmmking nice post. Maybe George and Cindy will let you move in with them"

That is obviously a snarky sarcastic post.

You would receive a notification that your post has to be edited and why and you will be told how many points are against your account.

Most infractions are 1 to 2 points. The points drop off after 30 days.

If you get 5 points or more in a 30 day period you get an automatic time out.

I am setting up my computer. When I am finished I will post more and give more examples .

Thanks,
Tricia

@Gooddeeds -- big, big, thank you for this post because this has been a mystery to more than a few of us!

After reading about how some had their posts removed, etc. without demerits -- I'm beginning to think that this point violation system is arbitrary. I recently received 2 demerits for quoting a tweet conversation between 3 persons (and linking the source) that was published in MSM. I was informed that I violated TOS because 2 of the 3 tweeters were "individuals." Huh? I thought you stopped being an "individual" when your tweet conversation with a Public Person is published in the New York Times but I was obviously wrong. (Demerits would make sense to me if poster was strolling private persons twitter and harvesting their tweets but what do I know).. And my violating post had a good may likes too!! OK, good to know my demerits will expire eventually so I'll sleep better now.. (and also because the Thai Boys are safe at home with their families)!! Night all.

@Gooddeeds -- big, big, thank you for this post because this has been a mystery to more than a few of us!

After reading about how some had their posts removed, etc. without demerits -- I'm beginning to think that this point violation system is arbitrary. I recently received 2 demerits for quoting a tweet conversation between 3 persons (and linking the source) that was published in MSM. I was informed that I violated TOS because 2 of the 3 tweeters were "individuals." Huh? I thought you stopped being an "individual" when your tweet conversation with a Public Person is published in the New York Times but I was obviously wrong. (Demerits would make sense to me if poster was strolling private persons twitter and harvesting their tweets but what do I know).. And my violating post had a good may likes too!! OK, good to know my demerits will expire eventually so I'll sleep better now.. (and also because the Thai Boys are safe at home with their families)!! Night all.

Funny! Demerits are demerits right?! No matter if you are no longer in school it can still affect your sleep:D

You are very welcome! Glad to see it got made. Hope she is found soon.

Thanks again.
Sorry, with my delayed reply.
The young girl was found safe.:)

For several days now, all my websleuths sites, have incorrect times for posts
ie, it states my posts, and others, are several hours off.o_O
Anyone else, have this problem?
Hope will be fixed.

Hmmm... still no response? I believe I have 2 demerits under new system so please send bail if I somehow fall off the grid. And please not the circus.... TIA!

No - what walking the plank?
walk-plank-smiley.gif

OR - you have to sit on a large ice cube for 24 hours?
ice-cube-smiley.gif

LOL!

Last edited:
Dwight:That is a demerit.
Jim: (reads demerit) "Jim Halpert, tardiness." Ugh. I love it already.
Dwight: You've gotta learn, Jim. You are second in command, but that does not put you above the law.
Jim: Oh, I understand. And I also have lots of questions, like, what does a demerit mean?
Dwight: (scoffs) Let's put it this way. You do not want to receive three of those.
Jim: Lay it on me.
Dwight: Three demerits and you'll receive a citation.
Jim: Now that sounds serious.
Dwight: Oh, it is serious. Five citations and you're looking at a violation. Four of those and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt... in the form of a disciplinary review written up by me and placed on the desk of my immediate superior.

Source:

Dwight:That is a demerit.
Jim: (reads demerit) "Jim Halpert, tardiness." Ugh. I love it already.
Dwight: You've gotta learn, Jim. You are second in command, but that does not put you above the law.
Jim: Oh, I understand. And I also have lots of questions, like, what does a demerit mean?
Dwight: (scoffs) Let's put it this way. You do not want to receive three of those.
Jim: Lay it on me.
Dwight: Three demerits and you'll receive a citation.
Jim: Now that sounds serious.
Dwight: Oh, it is serious. Five citations and you're looking at a violation. Four of those and you'll receive a verbal warning. Keep it up, and you're looking at a written warning. Two of those, that'll land you in a world of hurt... in the form of a disciplinary review written up by me and placed on the desk of my immediate superior.

Source:

Ok, if I have to I guess I'll take the circus if it means I avoid a full disadulation.... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail