Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I confess to buying 9 or 11 pairs of shoes in the first few months of this year. Admittedly, most of them were on clearance from K-Mart and around the $5-20 mark, but still :D Never come between a girl and her love for shoes :cool:
Makes a lot more sense to me than spending around $1K for a pair of status sneakers. So far this year I've spent the grand sum of $69 on shoes. They are a pair of soft soled ugg boots, they were reduced by about $30, and they are the most blissful things to be wearing in the middle of a Melbourne winter. I'm not generally big on shoes but love these with a passion. :)

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.net.au/article/10012356

"The court also heard Ms Ristevski had gone missing many times prior to the day she was last seen alive.

Senior Constable Ante Sandric told the hearing that when Mr Ristevski reported his wife missing, he told police that she had gone missing 20 times before."

Wow and the best example of an argument Sarah could remember is one arising from bringing home more than milk from the supermarket . Come on Sarah, if Karen had "gone missing" 20 times before that's a lot of heated arguments I would imagine. Amongst them would probably be discussing about , as Chris Ristevski has told us, about toxic , money hungry Anthony. 'He's used everyone around him, he's used Karen and Borce. Karen and Borce (Karen's husband) have both given him cars, which he's totally destroyed. Money, accommodation and he's just abused it.' https://www.google.com.au/amp/www.d...-meth-user-no-concern-family-s-heartache.html

Good thing Borce kept count. But it was only up to 1/2 a day I think Sarah said.

Days after Karen Ristevski vanished, a detective asked her husband Borce: "Is there something you want to tell me? Good people make mistakes".

At the time Borce Ristevski was not under arrest, had not been read his rights and was not considered a suspect, a Melbourne court has been told.

The now-accused wife killer's lawyer David Hallowes SC on Thursday recounted the early interview his client had with the Missing Persons Squad.

Detective Sergeant Graham Hamilton delivered the "good people make mistakes" line, Mr Hallowes said.

"It's a bit of a homicide squad technique," the barrister told Melbourne Magistrates Court on Thursday.

"A technique used in the interrogation of suspects."

Detective Senior Constable Hannah Thompson was present during the interview and also testified on Thursday.

Mr Hallowes asked her: "Did you think Borce Ristevski was a suspect?"

"Not to my knowledge," Sen Const Thompson replied. "He's not being treated as a suspect at that stage."

Borce had 'flimsy' story after Karen vanished, court told

I think trial, reliance on circumstantial evidence is understandable seeing there is no murder weapon, cause of death or clear motive. I also think that now and in the near future would be the worst time to face a charge of murdering a female in Melbourne. With , unfortunately , many high profile female murders in recent times , it would be natural to have some latent bias in a jury.

Remembering the article in The Australian (now subscribers only):
Ristevski marriage a 'fake', says Anthony Rickard

Apropos disappearing "always" and more than 20 times and for (max??) 5 hours or so, without BR protesting too much, seemingly.

* Center security said Borce was an angry man when Det Sen Const Care attended the Center on the 2 July to follow up a reported sighting, cctv ruled it out.
*Borce told Sen Const Care Karen walked out after they had fought about the dire financial situation at Bella Bleu.
Sen Cons Ante Sandric one of the firt officers spoken to when Karen was reported missing said Borce said Karen had left 20 times but always came back.
Category: | Herald Sun
Shopping centre security told police Borce was an ‘angry man’

Do you need one of those tools ant had when you smock shisha..:D:p

Haha when you smoke - geez I fink just talking about shisha is spinning me out

The article, I found, stated you require a 'glass-bottomed' water pipe.
Amalgam called this a 'hookah', a few posts ago.
So you're thinking of trying: brave girl.:)
I'll stick to knitting, or jig saws to find contentment: boring but safe, until I hurt myself with the skeins of wool, being too heavy.

Last edited:
Another detective, Senior Constable Adrian Care, visited the Ristevski's house after interviewing Mr Ristevski four days after Mrs Ristevski went missing. In his statement, he said that he noticed furniture had been moved in the house.

"I looked at the room and saw that a rug appeared to be oddly placed over to one side of the room," he said.

"There were indentations in the carpet as though furniture had been moved."

Husband said Karen Ristevski 'went missing 20 times', court told

Another detective, Senior Constable Adrian Care, visited the Ristevski's house after interviewing Mr Ristevski four days after Mrs Ristevski went missing. In his statement, he said that he noticed furniture had been moved in the house.

"I looked at the room and saw that a rug appeared to be oddly placed over to one side of the room," he said.

Argh - what room?

Looking very circumstantial... hoping there is more to come.

Don't be to concerned, just because the evidence is circumstantial does not diminish the worth of the evidence. There is a very good article by Mr Ian Barker QC on the worth of circumstantial evidence. I will try and find a link, it is worth a read, especially for this case.

Why would furniture need to be moved, at such a critical time?

The article, I found, stated you require a 'glass-bottomed' water pipe.
Amalgam called this a 'hookah', a few posts ago.
So you're thinking of trying: brave girl.:)
I'll stick to knitting, or jig saws to find contentment: boring but safe, until I hurt myself with the skeins of wool, being too heavy.
You might accidentally poke yourself with a knitting needle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail