I don't agree that <modsnipped-name variation> is fragile -
JMO, but I have watched her for years, and she is stubborn
and willful, and very unwilling to accept ANY glimmer of
guilt of Casey.
Reading her emails from 10 years ago to her family,
she states over and over that the family simply does
not have all the facts, and speaks to her brother
dreadfully, when all the brother was trying to do was
to open <modsnipped-name variation> eyes to the Truth.
Every time George spoke up on the TV special, stating
the obvious facts, <modsnipped> slams him down and just
refuses to face anything, and was quite aggressive to
George. I know this seems to be denial, but she outright
lies as well - stating that Caylee was home every single
night, when George said the Truth.
She argued with George to allow her 'to know that
Casey was a good mother' - a flabbergasting statement.
She also lied on the stand about being at home, making
those 'chloroform' / 'chlorophyll' searches, when the
state proved she was at work.
Refused to say that Casey was pregnant, refused to face
her own statement of 'it smells like there's been a dead
body in the car', refused to accuse Casey of anything in
those jailhouse visits, just refusal all the way around.
Let's not forget that she was desperate to pin this murder
on Jesse Grund, Amy, a fictitious nanny, just anyone.
I don't find that to be 'delicate' behavior, it's more like
a pit bull type of personality.
I also feel badly for both C & G, it was a horrible experience
to live through - but the fact remains that they both KNEW
she was not working and allowed an entire month to pass
by before taking action, and then only because of the smell
in that car.
I can't imagine that a nurse and a detective had absolutely
no idea of the troubled woman living in their home.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't agree that <modsnipped> is fragile -
guilt of Casey.
to open Sindy's eyes to the Truth.
the obvious facts, Sindy slams him down and just
in that car.

She refuses to allow anyone or anything to pierce her layers of denial because she is actually too weak to withstand facing the truth. That's why she gets angry when people try to force her to accept what is an obvious truth to everyone else. She will also lie and do whatever it takes to protect herself from the pain. Emotionally strong people will face the truth and process it,and find a way to make peace with it. Cindy just hangs on to whatever she can as a shield because she can't cope with what actually happened, nor can she face her culpability in enabling Casey as she grew up. She is aggressive in her effort of maintaining her wall of denial because she is afraid of what the emotional fallout will cost her. People who consistently live in denial are often angry and will attack others who try to tear down that wall. It's a defense mechanism. I think George kind of understands that about Cindy.
It's one thing to know something about others but quite another to recognize it in your own child when there is already a pattern of denial in use. Cindy did not start that overnight. It was her lifestyle for years. George just went along to get along.

Again I disagree -
a Registered Nurse has to have some major intelligence and
realization of the obvious, otherwise I don't believe they
could possibly work in that field.
No - <modsnipped- name variation> is one of those people who has to be viewed in
a particular light by others, she wants to be held in high esteem
and be thought of as having 'the best' and being the best,
and the best family.
Otherwise, how could she possibly have said the horrible
statement to her sister-in-law, "You'll never know what it is
to have a daughter', when her s-i-l had a son.
And anyone who is willing to throw anyone to the dogs
(as long as it's not HER child) and to murder charges,
has to have ice in their veins.
JMO of course, but when her psyche slipped for a moment
and she said the statement about 'the death car smell' and
similar things, she instantly made up cover stories.
The best was when, asked about the 'foolproof suffocation'
searches which had been made the day of Caylee's
'disappearance', she blew it off as 'someone else was in
the house', but of course will never say who that someone was.
Yes, blame it ALL on someone else.

Watching this special now. I'll have to watch it again to get a better grip on their dynamics. There's still so much pain and anger there. It's really sad, imo.
ITA I feel so sorry for the grandparents,I'm with GA about what's happened to Caylee and defiantly the bio mum is responsible IMO,CA is not accepting the truth,and she is clearly distraught,she will not heal until she accepts the truth.the daughter seems to be living her life,and the grandparents are in limbo,RIP Caylee...xx

Cindy is deeply attached to her denial. It is sad really. She just can not ever accept that her daughter, the child she raised, is a murderer. George knows she is and questions how they could have raised such a person.

Cindy has a pathology that pre-existed the murder. She still wants a relationship with Casey, despite Casey saying that George was the last person with Caylee. It is really a sickness. But, it isn't about Casey, it is about Cindy. It is an affront to how well she thinks of herself that her daughter is a murderer, so it is not allowed. She believes it reflects poorly on her. It is an ego thing, she isn't a stupid woman. Her ego will not allow her to be the mother of a murderer.

Cindy thinks someone else came into the house and made the 'fool proof suffocation" searches. She believes that whatever happened was an accident and it could have been that Caylee drowned in the pool. Really, she needs help. She is a mess, understandably so, but she needs help.

And, she is as mean to George as it gets.

I totally understand why they took the memorial down. It is not something to be remembered, it is the dumping sight of the child they loved with all their heart.

Casey's bit "I still don't know what happened".

She got this from her mother. They are so much alike.
She seems to be making excuses for her daughter,I believe that's easier for her than believing the truth, I feel deep down she does know what her husband believes to be true,but as a mother I can understand her grief,and wanting to believe the best from her daughter,she loved her daughter and granddaughter so deeply, I couldn't even imagine what's shes going through,I hope she agrees to some kind of therapy..so sad for the grandparents.. X

They sure didn’t do it for free that’s for sure. Personally I find making money off your murdered granddaughter disgusting no matter how desperate for cash they are.

The only thing I’m relieved about is that monster mum hasn’t had another child and I sincerely hope that this remains the case.
I was just thinking now,we don't know if shes had anymore children, she kept Caylees pregnancy a secret,and no one knows what shes been up to since coming out of prison,IMO I hope she hasn't had any for the child's sake.

Here's how I know Cindy knows in her heart of hearts that Caylee did not drown (as much as she repeatedly claims otherwise)- there is still a swimming pool in that back yard.

And who the HELL would buy a raffle ticket for a murdered child's toy they never got to play with?
I don't think they were thinking clearly about the raffle,their both in a state and probably trying to take their mind off the memorial, must have been horrific for them being,just down the road from their home,that really upset me,I felt their pain...

There was another part where Cindy came unglued. George was talking about how in the last 6 months, Casey would be gone for 2-3 nights with Caylee. Cindy was pounding her fists in the air denying that Caylee ever spent a night away from the house, telling George "you're wrong, you're wrong!". George said something like "I am only telling what I witnessed" and by then Cindy had exited the interview.

She is a very manipulative person and likely bi-polar. George is a victim of her crazy behavior. This man has been walking on egg shells his entire life. I feel sorry for him, he was blamed for everything and horrible accusations were falsely claimed against him and still, he held his head up for his grand daughter, whom he believes was murdered by his own daughter.

Cindy's attitude is to stand by Casey.
Cindy is so in denial,IMO I worry she'll put herself in an early grave,their are both struggling with their grief...

I think the general consensus here was that Casey was using the gas cans to cover up the smell of death in her car trunk. When George pressed her about them, he was about to head out to her car and retrieve them himself. Casey ran past him, opened the trunk and threw them at him, yelling "here are your effing gas cans!"

Then IIRC, she got in her car and drove away. She didn't want him anywhere near the trunk of her car.

Casey also was texting her friend Amy about the smell in her car and blaming it on squirrels and roadkill. She then ultimately abandoned her car by a dumpster, with a bag of trash in it (also probably designed to cover up/explain away the smell of death in her car.)

To this day, I don't understand how the jury could have ignored all that. Not only that, they decided GEORGE was suspicious for not immediately noticing the fact that the tow company left a notice on their front door when they usually entered the house through the garage.

I guess George didn't notice the tow notice until he was mowing the front lawn, which makes perfect sense to me. Our house has the same setup and sometimes I don't notice stuff on the front door for days. The jury also never asked themselves why if he was trying to hide the tow notice, he didn't just tear it up and throw it away.
I believe George 100%..

My heart hurts for George, but it hurts for Cindy too- her fantasy memories are nothing more than an attempt to stop the pain- she knows the truth, as much truth as any of us know but probably will never face it. She has lost too much, her world clearly was all about that baby and Casey and for her she has no identity without them.
There are really only 2 reasons I can come up with as to why they are still together-1. they really love each other 2. Neither is ready to be alone.
This case just hurt from day one.
ITA after seeing the ten year later show with the grandparents, I felt sorry for them both,the pain is still there...x

I don't agree that <modsnipped> is fragile -
guilt of Casey.
to open Sindy's eyes to the Truth.
the obvious facts, <modsnip- name variation> slams him down and just
in that car.
Pretty right on with what you're saying. I don't think Cindy was in denial tho. I think she's been saving face for herself and trying to protect her daughter.

kkdj - I totally agree -
I believe that being admired and
envied is everything to <modsnip>,
and she is definitely NOT in denial.
George KNOWS Casey did something
to Caylee, he downplays it a bit by
saying she gave Caylee something to
make her sleep and gave her too much.
But at least he admits some of the Truth.
Personally, I believe she did a lot worse
to little Caylee, after the 'choking battle'
between her and <modsnip> she was in a rage.
Especially after being discovered that
she had robbed <modsnip> parents' nursing
home account - oops, one less money
source cut off!

<modsnipped-please do not use name variations for the case players.>

Anyone else remember that $15,000
that Tony Lazzaro mentioned to LE?
(I think)
Apparently, his dealer had been robbed
of $15,000 in cash, then Casey told
Tony that she had $15,000.
Wow, what a coincidence.
I recall that being discussed years ago,
then suddenly it was dropped.

Anyone else remember that $15,000
that Tony Lazzaro mentioned to LE?
(I think)
Apparently, his dealer had been robbed
of $15,000 in cash, then Casey told
Tony that she had $15,000.
Wow, what a coincidence.
I recall that being discussed years ago,
then suddenly it was dropped.

I don't recall this at all! Was there any discussion of that here? Could you find a link?

YES!!! I agree with this post so much!
People were angry that Cindy insisted on looking for a living Caylee instead of a dead Caylee. But in order to get up everyday and keep on living herself, Cindy just could not face the possibility that Caylee was no longer alive. It was denial...yes....but it wasn't malicious. That's why Yuri Melich was so gentle in his reply. He knew Cindy was unable to process the reality of the situation.
People see Cindy as strong and manipulative. I believe that assessment is entirely wrong. Cindy is actually very fragile. She lives in denial, and made it a pillar of her life because she just cannot deal with life when it goes sideways. She sees life as she wants it to be and will defend herself vigorously when confronted with reality. George knows that Cindy is fragile and he knows he can't push her. If he does go too far, she will break into a million pieces. Denial has always been Cindy's coping mechanism. He just lets her go on because he understands that on some level Cindy does know the truth but her need for self preservation is in the way of an open admission. George says at one point that maybe he and Cindy raised a bad seed. He recognizes now that Casey is a socipath. Cindy cannot bring herself to ever admit that because her own sense of self is too delicate to accept that kind of harsh truth. Cindy will manipulate everyone in her world to keep herself safe from knowledge that will destroy her. I do not think Cindy and George are bad people. They are flawed....as are all of us. They were suddenly thrust into a terrible,very public nightmare for which they were hopelessly unprepared. The public demanded things from them that they could not deliver because they were in shock, agony and disbelief . The world watched while they were trying to find a way to process and survive the losses. Cindy began to use her coping mechanism of denial when the truth was too painful to face. George wanted to die.
They are both still suffering mightily and I have much compassion for them. I hope they find some measure of peace.

Until you have walked a mile in their shoes....do not condemn them. George and Cindy never for one minute believed that Casey was capable of murdering anyone....let alone Caylee....and that is an enormous leap to have to make as a parent. It would be impossible to do it with no mistakes.

We can guess all we want as to her motivations, but her behavior was utterly abhorrent.

She obstructed the investigation into her missing two year old granddaughter and hurt a lot of people with her nastiness and false accusations. I agree with other poster that there was a definite undercurrent of manipulativeness in a lot of the things she did.

But, IMO, whatever her motivations were, she let her own self interests take center stage and she was just as guilty of mentally throwing Caylee away as Casey was. Although she acted like it, she also was not and is not the only person who was allowed to be hurt by the nightmarish situation they found themselves in. She will never come to terms with any of it or show more than a fleeting interest in the truth. In a couple of years, she'll go through the family photo album again, give another interview, express self pity and lie and obfuscate and then collect her licensing fees.

I was just thinking now,we don't know if shes had anymore children, she kept Caylees pregnancy a secret,and no one knows what shes been up to since coming out of prison,IMO I hope she hasn't had any for the child's sake.

If Casey had another child, someone would have leaked it. I can't see it not getting out. When she kept Caylee's pregnancy a secret, she wasn't known nationwide.

She also isn't very bright. She went to the family wedding visibly pregnant. The only reason it stayed a secret as long as it did was because Cindy is as nutty as she is.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave