GUILTY TN - Emma Walker, 16, fatally shot, Knox Co, 21 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

51 years is a long time, and it is what he deserves. The kid didn't consider he would be caught, and imprisoned for life, before he shot that gun.

I feel so sorry for Emma's family.

I don't understand how the jurors reached the verdict on count 6- "Employing a firearm during a dangerous felony" - not guilty

"Possession of a firearm during a dangerous felony"- guilty

Why is he not guilty of "employing" and yet guilty on possession?....:thinking: Didn't he hold/shoot the gun? That's employing, isn't it?

employ

"transitive verb
1 a : to make use of (someone or something inactive) employ a pen for sketching..."

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/employ

Very strange, IMO... or maybe I'm stupid...:thinking:

(Snipped)

I didn’t understand the “not guilty” either, but thanks to Seattle1 for the explanations.

I don’t know how I missed this last night or I would have been here, but am content with the verdict. Thanks again to Y/N for keeping it all updated!

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork
23m23 minutes ago
Today at 3pm, #RileyGaul #GaulTrial ADA Kevin Allen will be on @LawCrimeNetwork with host @AKellerLawCrime

Dcwhi6_VwAIw_hs.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today at 3pm, #RileyGaul #GaulTrial ADA Kevin Allen will be on @LawCrimeNetwork with host @AKellerLawCrime

Very interesting.... the Interview with ADA Kevin Allen answered many questions I had about RG defense. IMO, RG exhibited many sociopath/narcissistic characteristics, and I was very surprised that defense rested before calling any mental health expert to defend his "state of mind" given his recent hospitalization for suicide attempt. His police interview less than 14 hours after murder was textbook sociopath.

According to ADA Allen, up until the first day of trial, RG was still telling his friends/visitors that he was innocent! (Note RG was on house arrest for more than a year). IMO, RG is one nurtured, master manipulator who was never questioned or held accountable in his life. He knew exactly how to use his "golden boy" scholar athlete status for constant praise and attention, and probably shot EW more so to punish her parents and friends (that dared to say "No" to him) than to hurt EW. I think he was a ticking time bomb that went into overdrive the moment he stepped on college campus, without entourage, and then without EW.

His attorney definitely had his hands full!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg295Mx8XKI

CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL WILL HONOR EMMA WALKER AT GRADUATION

Central High School will honor former student Emma Walker and former teacher Patrick Holeman at Tuesday's graduation with a bell-tolling ceremony, and by leaving a seat open.

Walker was murdered in the fall of 2016. Holeman died in a car crash before the start of the school year, according to Central High Principal Michael Reynolds.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/news...=google&utm_medium=amp&utm_campaign=speakable

Thinking of EW family and friends as they gather this afternoon for high school graduation ceremony.
Peace be with you.

Court orders new sentencing date for Riley Gaul
Gaul will now be sentenced on September 14 after his defense team filed a motion to continue his sentencing, previously set for July 20. The court already ordered Gaul to serve a life sentence for Walker's murder. In Tennessee, a person ordered to serve a life sentence must serve 60 years in prison.

Friday, Sept. 14th:
*Sentencing (@ ET) – TN – Emma Walker (16) (Nov. 21, 2016) – William Riley Gaul (18) charged with 1st degree murder, murder, aggravated stalking, stalking, theft, tampering with evidence, reckless endangerment, employing a firearm during a dangerous felony, possession of firearm during commission of a dangerous felony. Plead not guilty.
5/8/18: was found guilty of 1st degree murder, not guilty of aggravated stalking, but guilty of stalking, guilty of theft, tampering with evidence, reckless endangerment, not guilty of of employing a firearm during a dangerous felony, guilty of possession of firearm during commission of a dangerous felony & guilty of murder. Judge sentenced him to a mandatory life sentence. (TN law must serve 60 years of a life sentence, parole after 51 years). Sentencing is related to evidence tampering, stalking, theft & firearms possession.
7/15/18 Update: Defense files motion to continue his sentencing from 7/20 to 9/14.

This article is dated 9/14, so don't know if this already played - it does Friday.

How college football player's friends helped police expose him for killing ex

I can't "see" this article - access denied - but I do see a date in the title.

Judge to impose sentence Sept. 28 for Riley Gaul's other crimes

and all I can see below the link is

Knoxville — The Maryville College student sent to prison for killing his ex-girlfriend in 2016 will learn later this month what additional time he'll get for ...

Can someone give me a 10% synopsis on this article, please? :)
So next hearing 9/28.

Friday, Sept. 28th:
*Official Sentencing (@ ET) – TN – Emma Jane Walker (16) (Nov. 21, 2016) – William Riley Gaul (18) charged with 1st degree murder, murder, aggravated stalking, stalking, theft, tampering with evidence, reckless endangerment, employing a firearm during a dangerous felony, possession of firearm during commission of a dangerous felony. Plead not guilty. No bond.
5/8/18: Was found guilty of 1st degree murder, not guilty of aggravated stalking, but guilty of stalking, guilty of theft, tampering with evidence, reckless endangerment, not guilty of of employing a firearm during a dangerous felony, guilty of possession of firearm during commission of a dangerous felony & guilty of murder.
7/15/18 Update: Defense files motion to continue his sentencing from 7/20 to 9/14.
9/14/18 Update: Judge sentences him to the mandatory life sentence. (TN law must serve 60 years of a life sentence, parole after 51 years). Sentencing is related to evidence tampering, stalking, theft & firearms possession. Hearing on 9/28.

Central High football team hosts Super Bowl watch party with senior citizens

I saw this story today and it just had EJW name all over it. I'm sure she was there in spirit. Rest easy Tn girl...:)

A high school football team in Knoxville spent the Super Bowl with some special friends at the Life-Spring Senior Living Community.

Sunday’s 'Super Bowl Sunday Bash' has been a year in the making. The Bobcats won the first state title ever for Central High School last year.
[...]
"I always tell them there's guys that have played before them and there's guys that will play after them and you just never know how serving the community will impact the program,” said Central football coach Bryson Rosser. “The community has absolutely wrapped their arms around this since I've been here and as we give back to them they give back to us and just showing up at the games and just loving on these kids has been an unbelievable thing."

seniors_1549286669599_71031004_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane