Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately the Royals have had plenty of their own weird stuff over the years to deal with so I am sure they can figure out what to do.

Harry was quite a handful back in the day. Charles had his interesting escapades. Fergie.

I can't speak for everyone or anyone but me, but if the rest of the family is that crazy, I'd really reconsider the relationship.
r
I am still surprised that Harry married Meghan, her family would have been enough for me to cry, end the relationship, grieve, and move on to someone else. Harry is too young to have seen what happens in the Royal family when Royals (Diana) or friends/family of the Royals provide the press with information. Over time it takes a toll on the marriage.
It's different when a couple is not famous, you can choose to marry in to a troubled family, but have the option of moving far across the nation and not having anything about you in the press.

When I say that Meghan probably didn't learn how to deal with conflict, family issues, etc. this is what I'm talking about. There is a reason her siblings behave the way they do, and their father has shown that the doesn't know how to deal with family problems, communicate, and respect family member's privacy. The day that there is a break down in her marriage to Harry, I unfortunately think she will not know how to handle it properly.

Her family has treated her terribly, if you don't like a relative, just be happy they don't live near you or communicate with you. Consider it a blessing and stop going to the press.

Fortunately the Royals have had plenty of their own weird stuff over the years to deal with so I am sure they can figure out what to do.

Harry was quite a handful back in the day. Charles had his interesting escapades. Fergie.

Phillip, Elizabeth and Margaret. The Queen Mother, the late King Georges' brother etc, etc. and King Henry the VIII and so on. lol

Yay! New name for the thread? (Just joshing)
Phillip, Elizabeth and Margaret. The Queen Mother, the late King Georges' brother etc, etc. and King Henry the VIII and so on. lol

It just seems different and I don’t know why. Perhaps because the others were Royal to Royal, at least within their own heritage. Thomas Markle & the other siblings are an embarrassment in an entirely different way. IMO

Some comparison pics. The last 4 are from an interview with Elle magazine.

Attachments

• A09C88A1-B583-4095-9ED1-C5391D0D6F8F.png
    A09C88A1-B583-4095-9ED1-C5391D0D6F8F.png
    358.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 8D329DCF-80F1-43B0-9329-9DBAC3D816D6.png
    8D329DCF-80F1-43B0-9329-9DBAC3D816D6.png
    455.3 KB · Views: 51
  • D1011E98-9B60-4B73-A257-A722A6FAD745.png
    D1011E98-9B60-4B73-A257-A722A6FAD745.png
    694.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 789E0B4E-16B3-4BAE-A6E0-8EF5D3AF0110.png
    789E0B4E-16B3-4BAE-A6E0-8EF5D3AF0110.png
    710.3 KB · Views: 48
  • 06A5EAA4-0893-4EA8-BFD6-C33CF7999B32.png
    06A5EAA4-0893-4EA8-BFD6-C33CF7999B32.png
    652.5 KB · Views: 46
  • 6433D034-9787-4BFD-BE3D-27FCA346F5E6.png
    6433D034-9787-4BFD-BE3D-27FCA346F5E6.png
    598.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 1C7C7A83-85FB-447B-8246-CE706D6A6AA2.png
    1C7C7A83-85FB-447B-8246-CE706D6A6AA2.png
    625.9 KB · Views: 48
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...rity/latest/amp13943391/meghan-markle-family/

Markle's dad is a big part of the reason she developed a career in television. Thomas W. Markle worked as a lighting director on shows including Married with Childrenand General Hospital. He won a Daytime Emmy Award for Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction for a Drama Series.

In an interview with Esquire in 2013, Markle said of her dad, "Every day after school for 10 years, I was on the set of Married... with Children, which is a really funny and perverse place for a little girl in a Catholic school uniform to grow up. There were a lot of times my dad would say, "Meg, why don't you go and help with the craft services room over there? This is just a little off-color for your 11-year-old eyes.'"

In an essay written for ELLE UK in 2015, Markle said, "My dad is Caucasian and my mom is African American. I'm half black and half white." She notes a traumatic moment in her childhood when, "My teacher told me to check the box for Caucasian. 'Because that's how you look, Meghan,' she said. I put down my pen. Not as an act of defiance, but rather a symptom of my confusion." And she points to her role on Suits as being crucial: "Some households may never have had a black person in their house as a guest, or someone biracial. Well, now there are a lot of us on your TV and in your home with you."

upload_2018-7-18_20-29-11.jpg

“ha! We’re married” Not sure what that means...

He claims he doesn’t drink anything except some wine at dinner and the beer he has been pictured buying is for workers in the place he lives.

He claims he doesn’t drink anything except some wine at dinner and the beer he has been pictured buying is for workers in the place he lives.

I no longer believe his claims. Like, sudden open heart surgery and released from the hospital pretty quickly thereafter. The sob story about watching it on TV, how much he respected the Queen, blah blah blah.

I read more than a few articles that referenced his drinking. That could have been a potential disaster if he attended the wedding. But I don’t think he intended on being there anyway. His interest are not about his daughters wellbeing.

At first I thought the royals should pay off the hurtful, spiteful relatives to keep them quiet. Now, I think the traditional royal approach of ignoring these people will be best in the long run. Their ugly stories will wear themselves out, I'm hoping.

They are trying to tear Meghan down, but for what purpose? If there were some higher purpose, perhaps it would be understandable, but there is no purpose except mean-spirited spite. Other celebrities chiming in doesn't help. Just ignore them and their stories will wither eventually.

It's all just so unfashionable. :)

jmo

The British are coming! The British are coming!

"NEW royal Meghan Markle is reportedly planning two trips back to the United States — including at least one of a 'personal' nature.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to be eyeing an official royal tour of America in early 2019 with California, New York and Washington on the agenda, sources said."

Going home! New royal Meghan Markle’s plan to return to US

r
I am still surprised that Harry married Meghan, her family would have been enough for me to cry, end the relationship, grieve, and move on to someone else. Harry is too young to have seen what happens in the Royal family when Royals (Diana) or friends/family of the Royals provide the press with information. Over time it takes a toll on the marriage.
It's different when a couple is not famous, you can choose to marry in to a troubled family, but have the option of moving far across the nation and not having anything about you in the press.

When I say that Meghan probably didn't learn how to deal with conflict, family issues, etc. this is what I'm talking about. There is a reason her siblings behave the way they do, and their father has shown that the doesn't know how to deal with family problems, communicate, and respect family member's privacy. The day that there is a break down in her marriage to Harry, I unfortunately think she will not know how to handle it properly.

Her family has treated her terribly, if you don't like a relative, just be happy they don't live near you or communicate with you. Consider it a blessing and stop going to the press.

BBM

A sharp observation! Harry walked into this marriage with his eyes wide open, and, I have said this before, like it or not, he married into this family. His position makes him vulnerable and he should have done everything to get the Markles on his side. But if he tried, he did not succeed.

He did not meet with his future father in law, and he still hasn't met him. He married a woman who by all appearances intends to live without her father. (If they go on to have children, this should worry him btw.)

Harry is a hereditary prince! He should know a thing or two about the importance of fathers. Yet he does not seem to be in control, not for one minute.

The discussion whether her family is good enough, whether they this or whether they that, should not even exist. Yet when I saw the images of the wedding, her mother sitting alone on a bench with that little hat perched on her head like a stamp deemed good enough for the occasion, I knew there was trouble ahead. If ever there was a message to the world and an insult to the rest of the family, this was probably the ultimate one. It is not surprising at all that the family speak up and continue speaking up.

I guess you cannot stop them from talking to the press, so if they do, make sure they speak well of you. That means inclusion. And not a cold shoulder. Basic public relations. The Monarchy depends on it, yet Harry seems oblivious to its most basic principles. If Meghan wanted it this way, he was a fool to agree.

Going home! New royal Meghan Markle’s plan to return to US

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to be eyeing an official royal tour of America in early 2019 with California, New York and Washington on the agenda.

In San Francisco, the couple “will meet with CEOs and female tech entrepreneurs to encourage their involvement in the industry”.

A possible visit with former President Barack Obama, and his wife Michelle, is also on the cards.

But before then, the Duchess, who turns 37 next month, is expected to travel solo to California and New York for a “personal trip” this summer to see family and friends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member