Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to marry in the spring #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did not meet with his future father in law, and he still hasn't met him. He married a woman who by all appearances intends to live without her father. (If they go on to have children, this should worry him btw.)

Why? He's either crazy or is an attention seeker, and perhaps is a substance abuser. There's no requirement that grandparents be required to be their grandkids, certainly not someone acting this way.

While we're waiting for the next royal outing so we can dish on the fashion, here's a look at how to wear yellow - as inspired by the recent color choice of Kate and Meghan:

How to wear yellow, the ultimate colour for an unexpected heatwave

Do you have anything yellow in your wardrobe?

It's interesting, that loud chromed lemon yellow is a very difficult color to wear. I don't think it looks good on either Kate or Meghan. You have to have just the right skin tone to pull it off.

The first couple of models in the article, the blonde in the one piece, and the AA woman in the jacket on the steps, both look great. But the yellow is more golden... Toned down.

No solid yellow in my wardrobe. I have one dress I got for a wedding, a floral graphic Asian inspired print in yellow, white and black. A Ralph Lauren, I think. So the yellow dosen't wear the dress. It's a happy fun print.

My skin tone is too olive... Same effect with royal blue. Does nothing for me. For colors, I go with a tangerines, hot pinks, greens, and as I get older, pastels robins egg blue is wonderful with my silver hair and my pale olive skin tone. I had dark hair and have brown eyes so black was a signature when I was younger, now it's white...

At first I thought the royals should pay off the hurtful, spiteful relatives to keep them quiet. Now, I think the traditional royal approach of ignoring these people will be best in the long run. Their ugly stories will wear themselves out, I'm hoping.

They are trying to tear Meghan down, but for what purpose? If there were some higher purpose, perhaps it would be understandable, but there is no purpose except mean-spirited spite. Other celebrities chiming in doesn't help. Just ignore them and their stories will wither eventually.

It's all just so unfashionable. :)

jmo

It IS unfashionable.

Bbm: tearing Meghan down publically by her dad and sibs on that side of the family could be as simple as pure greed... Money.

There's not a peep from her mom. And this is where the true love and respect exists.

I think back to Diana: in the 80's people magazine started in 1980, I think... No internet and definitely no reality tv yet.

These reality shows and gossip networks like TMZ exploit schadenfreude in real time... I hope Meghan can hold strong. I would be in tears regularly with toxic relatives bearing down like her father and half sib...

Once upon a time I'm sure her father was happy for her independence, success with her tv show, Suits, and his turn seems to be more about him justifying maybe being to frightened to go to the wedding. But that half sib has been seething with jealousy her whole life...

Their rantings are just off the chain. It's not even a question of getting some therapy which they desperately need, but it's a question of morality.

View attachment 139225 View attachment 139226

A little OT fashion but I think the pics of Bee and Francesco at their second wedding in Italy are totally dreamy. I love Bee's dress, and sensible shoes!

Anna Wintour's daughter Bee Shaffer weds Francesco Carrozzini | Daily Mail Online
Love that dress! It's beautiful and it actually looks like it would be a comfortable wedding dress to wear.

As far as I'm concerned, anything to do with Anna Wintour is welcome on any thread, lol. I'm not so much of a fan as I am fascinated by her.

And yes, nice to see those shoes. I'm thinking the super tall pointy-heeled shoes have reach their peak, pun intended.

jmo

Maybe they should just marry every spring, fertility rites, etc. Ginger Harry nevertheless reminds of the Green Man with that beard of his.

The sibs are jealous. No doubt.

My thoughts on this are similar. The half sibs are all older than Meghan is so I'm guessing they resent her for coming along. They don't get daddy to themselves anymore. Was Tom Sr divorced when he first started with Meghan's mom? Could they blame Meghan and her mother for their parents divorce? I don't know about her half brother but her half sister is a frigging piece of work. She's got major jealousy issues and a deep seeded hatred for Meghan that is beyond normal sibling or half sibling rivalry.

I thought he was "hiding out" in Mexico because he owes the US back taxes.

Was that a rumor?

Rumors are seemingly becoming more simultaneous with the facts. Another reason he may have not been able to travel in and out of borders to the wedding. Making more sense everyday that the charades were planned & in place leading up to the wedding.

There weren’t any official reports of his health/heart problems issued from a medical source to support his cause. Which in this case I could see a reputable medical source issuing a positive supportive statement even if it was via Twitter, like:

“We are honored to have been part of Ms Markles wedding day through the successful surgery of her father. Although it was from a distance and not how Thomas Markle fatherlys attendance was desired & planned for, we are privileged to send him off in good health to meet with his daughter and new son in law Prince Harry in the near future”

Love that dress! It's beautiful and it actually looks like it would be a comfortable wedding dress to wear.

As far as I'm concerned, anything to do with Anna Wintour is welcome on any thread, lol. I'm not so much of a fan as I am fascinated by her.

And yes, nice to see those shoes. I'm thinking the super tall pointy-heeled shoes have reach their peak, pun intended.

jmo

Ms. Wintour fascinates me too it’s amazing the power she has in the fashion industry and how she has kept her job so long. She always looks like she is plotting world domination behind those sunglasses. It will be interesting to see if she leaves Vogue next month when the September issue is launched as rumours suggest. A lot of her long term Vogue colleagues are leaving too. I’m not a fan of the magazines stance on fur and hope it changes with new people at the helm.

Sorry that I didn't see this sooner, but the Lifetime movie about Harry and Meghan is coming up at 8:00 on Lifetime.

Harry & Meghan: A Royal Romance
tonight, 8:00 PM on LIFE 2 hrs 3 min 2018 TV-PG
A film that chronicles the courtship and love story between Prince Harry and his fiancé, Meghan Markle.

Tangential to the Anna Wintour discussion, when I was in NYC last week I got to see the Heavenly Bodies exhibit (this year's Met Gala theme) at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It was fantastic! I got chills multiple times from the juxtaposition of fashion with medieval religious artifacts, and the music reinforced the power of the pieces chosen. One of the best curated & designed art exhibits I've seen in many years.

OT we also went to the David Bowie Is exhibit at the Brooklyn Art museum, which was equally awe-inspiring.

It amazes me how the Daily Mail condemns women for wearing the same outfit twice it is ridiculous.

That's probably the least of things a woman might be condemned for in the Daily Mail.

Do you think the Royals wear these same outfits again when they're 'at home' or doing normal things in order to get more use out of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23