Jennifer Buchanan

Wonder what JB is doing these days? Still sitting around while her mother works? I would like to know.

You know, I just want to make a comment here...it is somewhat OT and for that I apologize. There was a story out about a week or so ago about a child (a boy, I believe) who is grossly overweight...something like 450 lbs and his mother is/was charged with endangerment.

Not going to get into my thoughts on that but I find it unbelievable that THAT MOTHER was charged with an offense and YET JB hasn't been charged with any sort of endangerment for allowing SOs to have access to her daughter.

Just my 2 cents.

If you are going to expose your baby girl to a bunch of rapists, why not just throw the kid into a lion pen at the zoo and get it over with? There is no difference to me, they are both just ways of feeding predators.

Wonder what JB is doing these days? Still sitting around while her mother works? I would like to know.

I ran into someone who knows her last week and was told she is homeless. The last article in the Detroit Free Press quotes her as saying she is living with friend's and can't get a job because of Nevaeh. I doubt that is the reason. More likely it's because she has two felony home invasion's on her record. Is there anyone on here interested in rehashing the case with me?

I ran into someone who knows her last week and was told she is homeless. The last article in the Detroit Free Press quotes her as saying she is living with friend's and can't get a job because of Nevaeh. I doubt that is the reason. More likely it's because she has two felony home invasion's on her record. Is there anyone on here interested in rehashing the case with me?

I read on Nancy Grace's CNN page that JB said she was recently in trouble with the law for a home invasion and that she is now on parole.

Have you heard about this?

I read this today at CNN.com

I read on Nancy Grace's CNN page that JB said she was recently in trouble with the law for a home invasion and that she is now on parole.

Could be wrong, but I think this (below) referred to her record before the girl's disappearance.

" (...) Buchanan, 25, who herself had recently been in trouble with the law. She had spent a few weeks in jail before being placed on probation in connection with a home invasion.

"'I was in some trouble, but after I got out I focused on my daughter and getting my life back together,' Buchanan said."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/05/grace.coldcase.nevaeh.buchanan/index.html?hpt=T2

Yes, the home invasion's were from 2006. Before she went to jail, Nevaeh was put in JB's mother's custody. When she got out on probation she moved back in with her mom and Nevaeh.

I seen this thread was bump and was hoping it was some news. :(

It was obvious JB was lying when she made the statement about Neveah lying about being hungry....as she was stumbling for words as she was talking.....but on another note....why would a child lie about being hungry anyway....it makes no sense at all, unless she was afraid to ask for food. What on earth would cause a child to lie about being hungry. Sorry, this just makes me crazy trying to make any sense of it.
This woman is a egg donor and nothing else, BUT (and don’t hate me for what I am about to say, hear me out it’s JMO etc) I have a child who used to lie about hunger. If she was playing and having fun at 5, she didn’t want to stop playing to eat because she was sure that eating would mean staying in after dinner. She also lied about needing to use the potty because she was not willing to stop playing (lots of wet pants resulted).
I NEVER would let her play outside alone until she was like 8, and even then it was a fenced yard, I had blinds opened and could easily see her back there and had taught her if ANYONE comes up to the fence, she is to run inside, PERIOD.
When her father abused her during visitation and I found out, he was arrested and there was a trial. In that trial, under oath, we had to answer questions about her character (yes it’s like they put my then 13yr old on trial. It was extremely angering). Part of that was asking if she has been known to lie. I had to answer yes, but luckily the DA cross examined me and asked what she is known to lie about so i was able to say “she has been known to lie about not being hungry or needing to use restroom as she doesn’t want to stop playing.”
ALL THAT SAID, I would never EVER have associated with anyone with a record, or let her play alone in an apartment complex etc. we live in apartments right now and she is 14, and when she goes to pool alone, I constantly push her to remember to be very aware of surroundings as if someone takes her here, it’s going to be even harder to determine which door to find her behind. She thinks I’m paranoid, but I say it each time.
So i get saying she lies about eating. But there is no excuse at all for her not being outside WITH NB actively watching and/or playing with her. She should NEVER have allowed those folks around her baby, she should have perhaps even called LE when she found out the charges 2 myths into her relationship for his being involved with her and her child so he could be handled legally for that violation. Finding that out should have made her paranoid and over protective of ANYONE in her child’s life and should have spurred her to check all records of her other friends to be sure. She has no excuses as I believe everyone here would react this way, not allow “second chance” with YOUR child.
**My daughter is now 14, she was a rockstar on the stand and her testimony caused tears in all the jury and court officials to the point that they had to take 5min recess so court reporter could pull it together and be able to see what she is typing. My ex husband was convicted and is now serving time in prison. My daughter has forgiven him (I wish i was as strong as she is in order to do that) and is thriving and doing really well. Just in case someone wondered how it all turned out!**

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back