UNSOLVED Oh - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #33

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems likely they did find DNA, since at least 3 people were said to have submitted DNA samples to LE. The question is whether PCSO or BCI would be willing to submit any DNA collected from the killers to Parabon.

To get a better understanding of some of the factors influencing the investigation into these murders, it might be helpful to watch the Spike TV documentary about the missing women from Chillicothe & Scioto County

Amazon.com: Gone: The Forgotten Women of Ohio Season 1: Amazon Digital Services LLC

I think I’ve got a grasp of it. I am going to watch this series. I just have to graph all the relationships.

Dig deeper, I doubt this was her first criminal act on the job. Pension just flushed down drain. So foolish to think that she would escape the electronic and cctv “paper trail” while working as a State employee.

I don't know, but I have a feeling that the guy she was giving the info to, Ernest Bryant, may have been of some sort of love interest to her. Twenty-two years down the drain. I think a man was involved.

I think she took a plea today.

Oh yea, but, I'm just sayin' that I think that she flushed that all down the toilet for him more-so than the money.

She's ruined her career, pension, reputation, embarrassed herself, and likely her family, too. I've noticed, that oftentimes there's a love interest at the bottom of it all, in these type cases, and usually one of them has a "history". Seen stuff similar happen before. :rolleyes:

She was looking at significant prison time. What she did, put lives at risk, although, I agree with the investigators that she likely didn't realize the severity of what she was doing.

I'm going to try and remember to check and see what he gets come Aug. 2nd.

A second person faces charges in connection with her.

Ernest Bryant, 49, of North College Hill is held on charges of trafficking in drugs, possession of drugs and having weapons while under disability.

He also was indicted on charges of tampering with evidence, bribery, obstructing justice and engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity.

Bryant is due in court on Aug. 2.

Prosecutor: Former court worker was giving search warrant info for $1K payments

Oh yea, but, I'm just sayin' that I think that she flushed that all down the toilet for him more-so than the money.

She's ruined her career, pension, reputation, embarrassed herself, and likely her family, too. I've noticed, that oftentimes there's a love interest at the bottom of it all, in these type cases, and usually one of them has a "history". Seen stuff similar happen before. :rolleyes:

She was looking at significant prison time. What she did, put lives at risk, although, I agree with the investigators that she likely didn't realize the severity of what she was doing.

I agree with everything you said. Looking at court documents though I would have questioned if she was if good enough moral character to have been hired and kept in the job. She has multiple evictions and many suits under $5,000.00. Good they put safeguards in place. I’ll be interested to see if irs goes after her and if she did lose pension. Those pensions are very very protected even when people commit more serious crimes.

Like the woman that helped two guys escape from prison because she thought she had a future with one of them. I wonder how much of warning people about a bust goes on. When there is a lot of money involved it can be easy to sway people to help you.
I know bars call each other when liquor inspectors are out and about. The stakes are much higher with the income drugs can make.

I agree with everything you said. Looking at court documents though I would have questioned if she was if good enough moral character to have been hired and kept in the job. She has multiple evictions and many suits under $5,000.00. Good they put safeguards in place. I’ll be interested to see if irs goes after her and if she did lose pension. Those pensions are very very protected even when people commit more serious crimes.

I'd not really dug into her but that's not good. However, she'd been there 22 years, and no problems, folks would likely not see this coming, but they likely didn't see ole Ernest coming either. His record is quite sketchy. Not excusing what she did, she's a grown woman, but, Ernest probably knew he'd hit pay dirt, especially when he discovered she was in financial straits. You're probably right about the pension but her name is mud now. Fast food work is probably looming in her future.

Like the woman that helped two guys escape from prison because she thought she had a future with one of them. I wonder how much of warning people about a bust goes on. When there is a lot of money involved it can be easy to sway people to help you.
I know bars call each other when liquor inspectors are out and about. The stakes are much higher with the income drugs can make.

BBM
Exactly. I don't think she realized that she could have gotten folks killed though. They could have laid in wait for those officers. Thankfully no one died.

For those who have watched the Spike TV documentary about the Ohio missing women, you'll see a couple of actual instances where something similar happened to the investigators in the documentary. They had at least one instance where a witness they were in contact with was alerted to not meet with them. The only other party with whom they had discussed this witness was a law enforcement officer in Ross County.

There are people from LE and the courts who leak this info to their informants in more than 1 southern Ohio county. It's possible there are leakers in the Pike County system, as well. It would explain why some witnesses may not be coming forward with information about the Rhoden murders. As one witness in the documentary said, to paraphrase, if you talk, you're dead.

In reference to my earlier post, when it was reported by Leonard Manley that they offered DNA swabs to LE (Leonard, JM and BJM), it doesn't imply they're somehow involved. Quite the opposite, it would seem those tests eliminated them as suspects or they would have been arrested. Having a DNA match to crime scene evidence is pretty strong.

But it seems likely there is DNA evidence from the crime scene. The question is when will LE get a match and will they use it?

JMO, James Manley and his sister were set up by the killers to take the fall for the murders. Who would cook up a plot like that? A plot having BJM discover the bodies, sending a text to JM late that night, later selling him the red truck that was in some way connected to the murders. I also find it very odd that there's been no way to trace ownership of the red truck prior to someone selling it to JM. Very suspicious.

I was stupidly following a Facebook group about the Rhoden murders. I thought I'd see how bad that was knowing how bad the Topix threads were. One person posts, lets start a thread about things we know are true. Then someone posts, lets start a thread about rumors we think are probably true. That was enough. I dropped out again. A few talk like they want truthful things posted but it seems most don't care if it is opinion, rumor, or flat out lies, post it any way...

Yes, it's unhelpful when people start running with rumors as if they're fact. Often they're not. Websleuths members have seen a lot of that kind of activity elsewhere on many cases. Very common, unfortunatley. It's why links to those sites and FB pages are not allowed.

In reference to my earlier post, when it was reported by Leonard Manley that they offered DNA swabs to LE (Leonard, JM and BJM), it doesn't imply they're somehow involved. Quite the opposite, it would seem those tests eliminated them as suspects or they would have been arrested. Having a DNA match to crime scene evidence is pretty strong.

But it seems likely there is DNA evidence from the crime scene. The question is when will LE get a match and will they use it?

JMO, James Manley and his sister were set up by the killers to take the fall for the murders. Who would cook up a plot like that? A plot having BJM discover the bodies, sending a text to JM late that night, later selling him the red truck that was in some way connected to the murders. I also find it very odd that there's been no way to trace ownership of the red truck prior to someone selling it to JM. Very suspicious.

May have had a reconstructed title. The vehicle may have been unregistered fir several years and info scrubbed from current lists. But it is odd.

BBM
I thought that Mittens (or MizStery) obtained that. I have it in my documentation.

Last edited:
BBM
I thought that Mittens (or MizStery) obtained that. I have it in my documentation.

Apologies if I missed something. What did Mittens obtain? The references to Manley's submitting DNA was in a couple different news interviews.

Inside the Rhoden investigation: Scientists work with cops

Investigators have possession of the clothes Bobby Jo Manley wore on April 22. They've swabbed her mouth for DNA and taken her fingerprints. They've interviewed her at least four times, she said. Investigators took DNA swabs from Leonard Manley as well and asked him for details related to his whereabouts and those of his family in the hours before the bodies were found.

There's another article from around the time last summer when JM was arrested for taking the GPS tracker off his truck when it was mentioned he had also submitted a DNA sample to LE.

It's probably safe to assume anyone who came into contact with the crime scene was tested, including DS. Just my guess.
I hope we can also assume any locals who have been arrested/convicted of serious crimes have also submitted to DNA testing. OTOH, it's possible some local/regional criminals have not. Does anyone recall if the W's were tested?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23