Resolved WY - Sweetwater, "Bitter Creek Betty", Wht/HispFem 24-32, 213UFWY, rose tatt/jewelry Mar'92 - N/A

what are you thinking?

That DDP could have the chance to ID a serial killer as well as a victim.

It's not certain that there was a serial killer operating in that region but there are sufficient similarities between a handful of victims for that to be a real possibility.

I've been trying to figure out if there is a way to determine which UID was killed first, to possibly determine which direction the killer was traveling, granted this is all merely speculation. But this might help identify one or both of them. The sweetwater UID is harder because she was found naked. The one in Sheridan County was wearing clothes that wouldn't be suitable for that time of year in Wyoming. So my thinking is she was either killed/been missing since the previous summer or went missing from a warmer part of the country.

That DDP could have the chance to ID a serial killer as well as a victim.

It's not certain that there was a serial killer operating in that region but there are sufficient similarities between a handful of victims for that to be a real possibility.

To your first point, DDP only works to identify Does, they have said before that they are leaving any criminal related matters to LE.

To your second point, I'm not sure if it was a local SK or a trucker that happened to pass through there. But my money is on a trucker seeing as I-80 runs coast to coast and it's pretty much a dumping ground from sea to sea.

I can definitely see some resemblance to our Jane Doe.
Absolutely. I made a side-by-side of Norine and Betty, and the similarities are uncanny. Did Norine have a tattoo?

Edit: I have no idea why the picture decided to turn. Sorry for the inconvenience! :oops:

Attachments

• sidebyside.JPG
    sidebyside.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 29
I flipped the picture around for you. Hope it shows.
They do look an awful lot alike, the only thing is the issue of where she was for over a year, especially with two babies at home. Not saying she couldn't have met up with someone at the grocery store and took off of her own free will, or maybe just saying to heck with it, and hitching a ride outta town, stranger things have happened. It doesn't seem likely, though.
Definitely worth exploring the possibility, no matter the odd circumstances or the distance/time between WY and NY.

Attachments

• NHBComp.jpg
    NHBComp.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 32
I flipped the picture around for you. Hope it shows.
Thank you. My tablet has been acting up lately, and it's annoying as hell :mad:
Not saying she couldn't have met up with someone at the grocery store and took off of her own free will, or maybe just saying to heck with it, and hitching a ride outta town, stranger things have happened. It doesn't seem likely, though.
Or abducted? BCB's estimated time of death was set as one to five months prior discovery, meaning there could be a ten month gap between, though. Then there's BCB's tattoo to consider, too.

Was Norine ruled out?

I don't see her on the ruleouts The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

MP7172 Sherry Bynum 08/09/1987 El Paso CO
MP10520 Pamela Dalton 05/01/1991 Scott MO
MP13877 Nancy Jason 07/17/1977 Montgomery MD
MP8358 Pamela Neal 03/31/1983 Arapahoe CO
MP9045 Vicki Nisbett 12/14/1991 Williamson TX
MP9573 Amber Scholz 11/08/1981 Sweetwater WY
MP2413 Tiffany Sessions 02/09/1989 Alachua FL
MP83 Virginia Uden 09/12/1980 Fremont WY

Excuse my ignorance on this, but regarding the submission process, this is done by contacting namus or the police?

As we are saying, Norine resemblance to BCB is striking, what leaves us empty handed is her reason to vanish (if she willingly decided to disappear) or if she was abducted (personally I think that’s the main reason) or she could have gone with someone she was interested in (perhaps she went by car to the tattoo shop, and this guy was the driver, he could have waited outside) and this person eventually killed her, just my thoughts.

Even if she was submitted in February when we discussed it, we probably wouldn't hear anything yet.

It’d be good to see that the DNA Doe Project takes over her case, following their latest identification, there might be some change that she gets her name back.

It’d be good to see that the DNA Doe Project takes over her case, following their latest identification, there might be some change that she gets her name back.
Not sure if I follow you here, but as far as I can see, Bitter Creek Betty is not a DDP case as of now (if that is what you're implying).

Not sure if I follow you here, but as far as I can see, Bitter Creek Betty is not a DDP case as of now (if that is what you're implying).

Yeah, DDP isn’t working on BCB’s case for now, but it’d be great if they take over her case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back