GUILTY CA - Sam Herr, 26, & Julie Kibuishi, 23, murdered, Los Alamitos, 21 May 2010

Rachel Buffett's trial has been pushed back to October 23rd.

It could easily end up starting in another year or two...or three.

The court system in California is broken. This is an accessory after the fact to murder and it's taking forever to get to trial. It's a scandal.

Rachel Buffett's trial has been pushed back to October 23rd.

It could easily end up starting in another year or two...or three.

The court system in California is broken. This is an accessory after the fact to murder and it's taking forever to get to trial. It's a scandal.
Is she out on bail pending trial or waiting in jail? Hoping in but guessing out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120AZ using Tapatalk

From that link:

"“We’re ready for another jury trial,” Steve Herr, Sam’s father, told Murphy.

June Kibuishi said she’s frustrated that Buffett hasn’t been held accountable for what authorities believe were lies to police about her daughter’s death.

“We’ve already learned over the past seven years, that’s how the system goes,” Kibuishi said. “I know in my heart she was involved.”"

A pretrial hearing means that if she is bound over for trial, we could be waiting for another few years before the actual trial.

To call the court system "clogged" is an understatement. It's pretty much just stopped in its tracks. I see a plea deal happening at some point. She'll be an old woman by the time they get the case before a jury.

Latest update: Jury Trial for Rachel Buffett is scheduled for July 16, 2018.

We'll see if it actually happens. She was arrested and charged back in 2012. Six years is not too unusual in California.

Her trial has been put off once again, to August 20th.

I'll keep checking and will provide updates as they occur.

Jury Trial rescheduled for September 4th. It just keeps going and going...

She must have some good lawyers to keep putting this off for almost six years now.

Thank you so much for the updates, Joe! I appreciate it!

I would have included the link to the OC Register article, but it's behind a pay wall. I did manage to copy the first few sentences before they cut me off and asked for money.

excerpt:
Jurors began deliberating Tuesday in the trial of Rachel Buffett, the former fiancee of convicted killer Daniel Wozniak who is accused of lying to police in a failed attempt to help her then-boyfriend get away with two murders.

Jurors will have to decide whether Buffett acted as an accessory after the fact for allegedly hindering the investigation into the killings of neighbor Samuel Herr, 26, and Herr’s friend, Juri “Julie” Kibuishi, 23, or if she was a key cooperator with law enforcement whose actions helped send Wozniak to death row.

The 2010 murders, which drew national interest, were driven by Wozniak’s scheme to steal money from Herr to fund his upcoming nuptials, dig himself out of a financial hole and stave off eviction from the couple’s Costa Mesa apartment.

Buffett – a community theater actress and former Disneyland princess who grew up in Seal Beach and Long Beach – did not take the stand during the trial but has previously denied any connection to Wozniak’s crimes during appearances on “Dr. Phil” and “Dateline NBC.”

Knowing that Herr, an Afghanistan war veteran, had amassed $60,000 in savings through combat pay, Wozniak lured him to a theater at the Joint Forces Training Base in Los Alamitos, where Wozniak shot Herr in the head. Wozniak later returned to cut off Herr’s head, hand and forearm, tossing the body parts in Long Beach’s El Dorado park.

The former Disney princess in the courtroom on September 5th.

OCR-L-BUFFET-0906-01-mr12.jpg

She and her ex don't come across sympathetic to me at all. They both seem rather shallow. I know he's the killer, but I do think she was more into helping 1) herself 2) her ex than the cops.

GUILTY!!!

The former fiancee of convicted killer Daniel Wozniak was convicted Wednesday of lying to police in a failed attempt to help her then-boyfriend get away with two murders.

A Santa Ana jury found Rachel Buffett guilty of two counts of being an accessory after the fact in connection with the grisly murders of neighbor Samuel Herr and Herr’s friend, Juri “Julie” Kibuishi.

Buffett, who had been free on bond, was immediately taken into custody after the verdicts were read. She is due back in court for sentencing on Nov. 8, when she faces up to 44 months behind bars.

Sitting in the courtroom gallery Wednesday, Kibuishi’s mother and sister dropped their heads and sobbed as jurors announced their decision. The families of both victims attended every day of the trial

Wozniak carried out the 2010 murders as part of a complicated scheme to steal money from Herr to bankroll his upcoming nuptials to Buffett, to dig the couple out of a financial hole and to stave off eviction from their Costa Mesa apartment.

Wozniak’s 2016 capital murder trial ended with his being sent to death row. Left unanswered were lingering questions about what role, if any, Buffett played in plotting or attempting to cover up the killings.

Wozniak’s attorneys argued that Buffett had manipulated him, while the lead investigator in the case testified that she should have been facing trial alongside Wozniak.

A community theater actress and former Disneyland princess who grew up in Seal Beach and Long Beach, Buffett previously denied any connection to the murders during high-profile appearances on “Dr. Phil” and “Dateline NBC.” She opted not to take the stand during her own trial.

Prosecutors charged Buffett with two counts of being an accessory after the fact.

(click image for full size)
OCR-L-BUFFETT-0913-03-LO-1.jpg

GUILTY!!!

The former fiancee of convicted killer Daniel Wozniak was convicted Wednesday of lying to police in a failed attempt to help her then-boyfriend get away with two murders.

A Santa Ana jury found Rachel Buffett guilty of two counts of being an accessory after the fact in connection with the grisly murders of neighbor Samuel Herr and Herr’s friend, Juri “Julie” Kibuishi.

Buffett, who had been free on bond, was immediately taken into custody after the verdicts were read. She is due back in court for sentencing on Nov. 8, when she faces up to 44 months behind bars.

Sitting in the courtroom gallery Wednesday, Kibuishi’s mother and sister dropped their heads and sobbed as jurors announced their decision. The families of both victims attended every day of the trial

Wozniak carried out the 2010 murders as part of a complicated scheme to steal money from Herr to bankroll his upcoming nuptials to Buffett, to dig the couple out of a financial hole and to stave off eviction from their Costa Mesa apartment.

Wozniak’s 2016 capital murder trial ended with his being sent to death row. Left unanswered were lingering questions about what role, if any, Buffett played in plotting or attempting to cover up the killings.

Wozniak’s attorneys argued that Buffett had manipulated him, while the lead investigator in the case testified that she should have been facing trial alongside Wozniak.

A community theater actress and former Disneyland princess who grew up in Seal Beach and Long Beach, Buffett previously denied any connection to the murders during high-profile appearances on “Dr. Phil” and “Dateline NBC.” She opted not to take the stand during her own trial.

Prosecutors charged Buffett with two counts of being an accessory after the fact.

(click image for full size)
OCR-L-BUFFETT-0913-03-LO-1.jpg

Good! I'm so glad this is finally getting done for these poor families! I'm very curious to see what her sentence will be, and again, really appreciate the updates :)

Rachel Buffett was sentenced to 32 months in jail, not prison.
Due to new laws regarding prison overcrowding in California, this was the maximum sentence allowed. The judge had no choice.
The victims' families made impact statements at the sentencing that are detailed in the article. They are disappointed she was not sent to state prison.
Buffett has been attacked by other inmates in jail while awaiting sentencing.

Double-murderer's ex-fiancee sentenced to jail for lying to police • Long Beach Post

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back