GUILTY MO - Ireland, 2 & Goodknight Ribando, 7 weeks, found dead outside home, Kearney, July 2018 *arrest*

Just can't fathom that the CPS worker just left, without seeing the children, but seeing the open door & the car running.

And, did the worker have a cell phone? Yep this was a holiday, but call the supervisor for guidance -- sent to put eyes on those girls and can't at the report address??? Surely there is a protocol for this other than driving away?

That's what the timeline seems to suggest. He claims he and his mother arranged for the Jeep to be towed at 10 PM and the fight was from 11:30 to Midnight. The call to CPS was at 11 PM.

I think he needed his mother's help in getting the car towed. Perhaps he used her AAA membership. And it sounds like Grandma may have then called CPS.

The call to CPS was at 11 pm and the fight started at 11:30 pm. Sounds like he threatened to take away the kids and she responded by ramming his car. What still makes no sense whatever is his claim he had the Jeep towed at 10 pm.
I also have a hunch it was grandma who called CPS. I envision that she and her son towed the car to the house and grandma saw something about either the condition of the house or the children that bothered her enough to call CPS, but it wasn't life-threatening for 911 or emergency dispatch of CPS. Perhaps unclean home, kids unbathed....I don't know what. But it does seem like a concerned grandma call.

Total speculation, brainstorming, opinion. Subject to change.

jmo

That's what the timeline seems to suggest. He claims he and his mother arranged for the Jeep to be towed at 10 PM and the fight was from 11:30 to Midnight. The call to CPS was at 11 PM.

I think he needed his mother's help in getting the car towed. Perhaps he used her AAA membership. And it sounds like Grandma may have then called CPS.

The call to CPS was at 11 pm and the fight started at 11:30 pm. Sounds like he threatened to take away the kids and she responded by ramming his car. What still makes no sense whatever is his claim he had the Jeep towed at 10 pm.

I think the Jeep broke down at another location...and he had it towed to her house or his house, not clear. It was probably just out of gas.

I think the Jeep broke down at another location...and he had it towed to her house or his house, not clear. It was probably just out of gas.
I know I'm repeating myself here, but if the vehicle was out of gas, why tow the vehicle? A tow truck (or service) would bring a can of gas if that was the issue. Surely not tow it. In my opinion. Way less expensive to put gas in it..

I know I'm repeating myself here, but if the vehicle was out of gas, why tow the vehicle? A tow truck (or service) would bring a can of gas if that was the issue. Surely not tow it. In my opinion. Way less expensive to put gas in it..

I'm guessing it was not far? And they just towed it with another vehicle? Or maybe she was not in the position to drive? Just guesses

<modsnipped- facebook information> I had always wondered why she hadnt used her phone to call for help. I also assumed (I know.. Never do that) that he was goin to get gas in his truck that night.. Guess thats not what the gas was for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it been clarified what him being "in the field" actually means??
Its all very rural around here. Being in the field means just that. Being in the field. Now I obviously have no idea whos field or where but thats what it means. She has some reason to believe he was parked in a field with a girl.

Walmart employees break window to rescue 8-month-old from hot car July 19, 2018

Walmart employees break window to rescue 8-month-old from hot car

This article digs into changes made prior to the 90's and how two different parts of the brain work (2013)

Prior to the early 1990s, children were routinely placed in the front seat, where it was obvious that they were in the car. In fact, from 1990 to 1992 there were only 11 known deaths of children from heatstroke after being left in a car. After that, car seats were moved to the back. This is when airbags became common and kids riding in the front seat were being killed by them -- 63 in 1995 alone. Not a single child has died due to an airbag since 2003, but at least 110 kids died of heatstroke from 2011 to 2013 -- a tenfold increase over the prior decade. So although kids are safer in cars in one way, they are more at risk in another.

You'd Never Forget Your Child in the Car, Right?

Child Vehicular heatstroke Death By Year (2013-2018)

https://www.kidsandcars.org/how-kids-get-hurt/heat-stroke/

I know this is not what happened in this situation. Just sharing

Last edited:
This was used in another trial.
Valerie Wigglesworth‏Verified account @vlwigg 16m16 minutes ago
In criminal trial for Michael Thedford: Expert witness David Diamond is referencing this data from http://KidsAndCars.org that shows as number of child deaths from vehicle air bags declines (white area), the number of hot-car deaths among children has gone up. #thedfordtrial

DietBxkVsAA7GHN.jpg

If the nighttime temperatures were mid 60’s wouldn’t you just open the car windows? I don’t see why you would use ac in the car on a cool night. I understand it was hot by noon when they were found but why weren’t they in the house by then? Those babies should have been making quite a fuss. Mom didn’t wake up?

If the nighttime temperatures were mid 60’s wouldn’t you just open the car windows? I don’t see why you would use ac in the car on a cool night. I understand it was hot by noon when they were found but why weren’t they in the house by then? Those babies should have been making quite a fuss. Mom didn’t wake up?
When you hear mid sixties at night it sounds like it was a nice cool night but the nights here are not cool at all. It is very very humid. I had my ac break and had to spend a couple days with none too. Even with all my windows open at night it was very uncomfortable and almost impossible to sleep. Humidity definitely makes a huge difference.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clintbentwood
Back