MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol it depends. When I lived in Oregon, it rains so much but isn't necessarily cold so sandals are very popular as you can wear them in the rain and not have wet shoes and socks all day. I imagine it's different in Michigan though perhaps.

Lol it depends. When I lived in Oregon, it rains so much but isn't necessarily cold so sandals are very popular as you can wear them in the rain and not have wet shoes and socks all day. I imagine it's different in Michigan though perhaps.
In Florida summer, it rains nearly every day. Florida native. . . I rarely wear any footwear that is closed toe. Always sandals - sometimes flip flop style, but more often a sturdy velcro-strap sandal.

I wonder if Ally confided in anyone about feeling creeped out by anything? How often do we see on WS that police had a ton of info we had no idea they had
Homicide victim’s mother speaks out
Jul 28, 2017
[…]
 “She occasionally liked to run into the village of Holly, but only at certain times of the day,” added Nikki. “She didn’t like the lewd and crude remarks that were yelled at her from cars … by boys and men. It happened all the time.”
[…]

Homicide victim’s mother speaks out
Jul 28, 2017
[…]
 “She occasionally liked to run into the village of Holly, but only at certain times of the day,” added Nikki. “She didn’t like the lewd and crude remarks that were yelled at her from cars … by boys and men. It happened all the time.”
[…]

Those of you that are younger, do you get that a lot when you run? My daughter has never mentioned it. Is it common?

What does the time of day have to do with anything?

Those of you that are younger, do you get that a lot when you run? My daughter has never mentioned it. Is it common?

It happens to my daughter. The time of day (and location) can make a difference because people are on their way to or home from work and school, or a bunch of boys hanging out after school.

It's just another part of being a female. I don't think most men have any clue what it's like.

Last edited:

This doesn't really answer your question, but I was wondering the same about the time of day, and wondering even more so about what the village of Holly has to do with anything.

I find it very hard to believe that she was frequently the subject of these remarks specifically in Holly, but not to any consequential extent elsewhere along her running routes.

I've never been sure about what to think about who may have done this. I have always leaned towards a random/thrill kill, but the above quote from Nikki to me is suspicious and kind of stinks of deflection.

ETA: I also realize that it's a partial quote and I don't have the full context of what she said, which could change my perception of it substantially,just to be clear.

Based on the lack of evidence, I can't help but wonder if Ally was murdered in a total random act by a stranger.

I know LE stated they suspect she knew the murderer.

But I wonder...

Had LE not stated she knew her murderer I would have said random stranger, too. But sometimes LE holds back evidence only the killer would know and I wonder if they something that points toward her knowing the killer and LE just has not released it. Until I hear what it is, though - if it exists - I'm leaning toward a random stranger.

West Michigan here and I wear sandals all the time - heck, even in the winter sometimes! I see a lot of people, guys and girls, in sandals kicking around. My husband wears Keans. I think they're pretty popular around here.

Would love to know where the sandal info came from in the first place. Not sure that avenue is very helpful at this point (not distinct enough, you know?)

Not sure what to think of the case. I lean towards random, other than LE thinking she knew her attacker (would love to know what they know!)

To be fair to Vera Hogan... I think she means well overall and that Ally’s death genuinely shook her.
However, when you have a reporter, like Vera Hogan, unwilling to share information with LE because she’s unable trust that LE won’t share that info with Nikki and who they received that info from...
That’s a sign of a compromised investigation, is it not?

Vera should be able to share information with LE without fear that LE is going run back to Nikki and tell Nikki what Vera said.
The fact that Vera Hogan did have that fear is not a good sign... I hope we can all agree on this.

I agree with you. It is very unusual for a reporter to withhold information from LE rather than asking LE to comment on the information. LE would not tell Nikki (a suspect) where they got the information.

This doesn't really answer your question, but I was wondering the same about the time of day, and wondering even more so about what the village of Holly has to do with anything.

I find it very hard to believe that she was frequently the subject of these remarks specifically in Holly, but not to any consequential extent elsewhere along her running routes.

I've never been sure about what to think about who may have done this. I have always leaned towards a random/thrill kill, but the above quote from Nikki to me is suspicious and kind of stinks of deflection.

ETA: I also realize that it's a partial quote and I don't have the full context of what she said, which could change my perception of it substantially,just to be clear.

According to Nikki's quote in the article, she also received such comments. Nikki also wants the public to believe it was a random murder. What I find bizarre is that she insists Ally was "running away" as though Ally faced her killer at some point and knew she was going to be shot.

From the link:
“Even I’ve gotten comments,” said Nikki, who asks that the public continue with the hanging of the sneakers for awareness.

Several months ago, Nikki asked the public to hang their old sneakers outside the front of their homes to promote awareness of the violence and sexual harassment perpetrated on women that run and walk.

Although no one has been ruled out, it is believed Ally’s murder may have been a random act. Because of that her mom asks that runners and joggers always be aware and somewhat fearful.

 “This puny, repulsive coward shot her in the back while running away,” said Nikki.

We've received a query on whether or not Alexandra's parents are victims. Thank you for asking.

Alexandra's parents are certainly victims by WS standards. There are no officially announced POIs or suspects. You may discuss respectfully what has been contained in MSM about her parents or what they may have said in MSM. You may not sleuth them or make accusations against them. A VI is allowed to make statements without those statements being substantiated by or linked to MSM. You may ask the VI respectful questions about any assertions they may make, but if those assertions or statements are accusations against the parents, you may not engage in making accusations or negative insinuations yourself.

I'm going to tag @Tricia on this post and she may review this and think differently than what I've laid out above, in which case Tricia's word trumps mine and one of us will let you know.
Bumpity bumpbump

I also find this statement strange. The Village of Holly is historic and while there is one section on the Southeast side that might be considered sketchy it is mostly a small town with quaint shops and small businesses. Plus if she already felt uncomfortable running in an area that was fairly well populated I find it odd she would feel better running in a secluded area just a couple miles away. What if some one started catcalling she would be a lot more isolated than in downtown Holly where there is comfort in knowing people are around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken