Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would there be a shovel, Big T? Her body was dumped in the space between tree branches lying above ground. There was no attempt to dig a grave and bury her.

Perhaps Borce tried to attempt to bury Karen before he found the logs between which her body was hidden? (IMO). I recall reports that the ground where she was found is almost impossible to dig into by hand, but he may have made an attempt not knowing that.

Also, I failed to follow the link BigT had provided and had forgotten about the sighting of a man with a shovel cited in that link.

Instead, I was thinking of the media reports that a shovel seized at the Ristevski home was found to have traces of soil from two locations - their back yard in Avondale Heights & the site where Karen’s remains were found.

“The Herald Sun reports that a soil sample from the shovel matches earth found in the Mount Macedon region where Mrs Risvtevski’s remains were found this week.” Shovel Seized By Police At Home Of Karen Ristevski

Last edited:
I'm also curious about the shovel and dirt samples.
The IPad searches is still in my mind too - the ones about blood detection.
I want to know what other forensic evidence they may have found in the boot of the merc.
What did the police hear when they bugged the house and car?

So many unanswered questions.

I’m pretty confident that the case will go to trial but ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ may be a challenging hurdle for the prosecution.
Sarah’s testimony (if requested) will be important in this regard... jurors may be influenced by her support for her dad but her behaviour in court this week suggests she may create barriers between herself and a jury, potentially undermining her story.

At Mondays first day of the hearing the prosecution mentioned in his summery that Borce had been interviewed a number of times, about 10 or so, and on each occasion gave a statement. On two occasions he was interviewed by the same police officer, the other times by a different officer. His story changed on each occasion as we have heard so far in this hearing.
I would say that this would be a tactic used by the police to validate the story in the initial statement. If you were telling the truth then the main body of your statement should be consistent. Sure you would remember small points but the major points should remain consistent. In this case it would appear that the major points are inconsistent. It would appear that Borce has forgotten the number one rule of being a good liar, you need a good memory.

I’m pretty confident that the case will go to trial but ‘beyond reasonable doubt’ may be a challenging hurdle for the prosecution.
Sarah’s testimony (if requested) will be important in this regard... jurors may be influenced by her support for her dad but her behaviour in court this week suggests she may create barriers between herself and a jury, potentially undermining her story.
I agree with you here. If her behaviour so far is anything to go by, I imagine her cross examination on the stand would be something to behold.
I do still feel for her though. It's her parents. I feel like it would be a natural reaction to want to defend them, regardless of what she might feel deep down. It would be so conflicting.

Perhaps Borce tried to attempt to bury Karen before he found the logs between which her body was hidden? (IMO). I recall reports that the ground where she was found is almost impossible to dig into by hand, but he may have made an attempt not knowing that.

Also, I failed to follow the link BigT had provided and had forgotten about the sighting of a man with a shovel cited in that link.

Instead, I was thinking of the media reports that a shovel seized at the Ristevski home was found to have traces of soil from two locations - their back yard in Avondale Heights & the site where Karen’s remains were found.

“The Herald Sun reports that a soil sample from the shovel matches earth found in the Mount Macedon region where Mrs Risvtevski’s remains were found this week.” Shovel Seized By Police At Home Of Karen Ristevski

KR's golden designer bag hasn't been found yet. And maybe a bloody pyjamas had to be buried.

I wonder if Karen’s pyjamas from that morning were found in the home.
Did she change into the black blazer and jeans (shown on the mannequin) or did she never get dressed that morning? We know she was not in her work clothes as it has been stated that they were still laid out when Sarah returned that evening.

Karen's ? Rental Search.
As BR and Patricia later checked these out, perhaps BR had not known previously.
Could Karen be looking for a place for herself?
If it was for Sarah, surely BR would have known: discussed with BR and Sarah.
Maybe, this will become clearer later.

Karen's ? Rental Search.
As BR and Patricia later checked these out, perhaps BR had not known previously.
Could Karen be looking for a place for herself?
If it was for Sarah, surely BR would have known: discussed with BR and Sarah.
Maybe, this will become clearer later.

I think it was a wild-goose-chase, done by BR for ‘show’. He knew by that stage that Karen hadn’t taken any of her belongings with her. I’d like to know when those searches for rental accommodation were done on Karen’s iPad. Maybe around the same time as those for ‘removing blood’ and ‘mobile phone tracking’?

Last edited:
The relative said family members were annoyed at the antics of Mr Cefala and Mr Rickard but acknowledged the desire of Ms Ristevski’s stepson to see justice done.

“There might be some truth to a small part of what they’ve been saying but some is just bulls**t,” the relative said.

“I wish they would just stop saying all these awful things. I understand Anthony (Rickard’s) desire to see an arrest but I’m also terrified that they will mess up the investigation.

“We have placed our full faith in detectives who have been working so hard on this and we’re confident the right person will be arrested.”

Police fury over bizarre Karen Ristevski body claims

He has his appointment today.

Why would Borce turn his phone off just 2 minutes (11:09) before cruising through the Diggers Rest cctv's? But leave Karen's on for another 31 minutes?
If as the police say Karen was incapacitated or murdered at the house than Borce seems to have made the choice to take her phone on the drive.

Re Karen's handbag, phone etc. Does anybody remember the whole search at Toolern Vale (burnt out restaurant) area where Vasko was supposedly seen. I recall theories about Karen's belongings perhaps being dumped there, and that was why Police conducted that massively thorough 3 day search? Evidence was gathered there but the public wasn't given details about them, just statements by Police about their confidence in apprehending the perp and being closer to finding Karen. I thought the shovel dirt matched the Toolern Vale area too? Its so long ago, anyone remember?

Re Karen's handbag, phone etc. Does anybody remember the whole search at Toolern Vale (burnt out restaurant) area where Vasko was supposedly seen. I recall theories about Karen's belongings perhaps being dumped there, and that was why Police conducted that massively thorough 3 day search? Evidence was gathered there but the public wasn't given details about them, just statements by Police about their confidence in apprehending the perp and being closer to finding Karen. I thought the shovel dirt matched the Toolern Vale area too? Its so long ago, anyone remember?

The Herald Sun reports that testing revealed two distinct soil types. The first matches soil found near the Avondale Heights home Ms Ristevski shared with husband, Borce, while the other matched soil found in the Gisborne - Macedon area,
Chilling story of 'shovel man' in Mount Macedon before Karen Ristevski's body found

How about the shovel was used to bury something else, like something that belonged to Karen, like her phone.
Or a rug, or something else from the room where it looked like the furniture had been moved.
Or her handbag etc if that was not still at home

Last edited:

Maybe she had her phone on her person and in the panic Borce forgot to look for it and turn it off. He may have only realised when he got to his destination. Just my speculation.

How about the shovel was used to bury something else, like something that belonged to Karen, like her phone.
Or a rug, or something else from the room where it looked like the furniture had been moved.
Wouldn't you think a criminal would hammer the phone to bits: could pieces found be traced back to original phone?
This bag that is missing: buried also, cut into pieces.
As you say rug maybe.

And wasn't it said that none of her shoes was missing

I wonder if Karen’s pyjamas from that morning were found in the home.
Did she change into the black blazer and jeans (shown on the mannequin) or did she never get dressed that morning? We know she was not in her work clothes as it has been stated that they were still laid out when Sarah returned that evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong