GUILTY CO - Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, 34, found deceased, Longmont, 18 March 2018 *ARREST*

Rita Gutierrez-Garcia's family, friends still searching for missing Longmont woman

"Longmont police are aware of the searches, and Deputy Chief Jeff Satur says they are "fully supportive" of them.

"Obviously, finding Rita is a big concern for us," he says.

Police officers don't accompany the searches, but Satur says if they receive information on a location of interest they will follow up and search the area.

Duffy says there is an area his dogs have hit on multiple times, but law enforcement has not yet searched it.

Holguin says he is encouraging those with property, as well as farmers, to check their land and keep an eye out for anything unusual."

Last edited:
“...a brother of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, climbs out of a culvert while searching for her body near the intersection of Weld County Roads 7 and 26 Sunday morning.”
-photos/video at link
Rita Gutierrez-Garcia's family, friends still searching for missing Longmont woman

Lewis Geyer/Staff Photographer July 15, 2018

-no family member should ever have to do this.
-I wonder why this particular spot/area.
/looking at distance mileage/terrain, marking spot.

——

Here’s a big additional concern of mine. What is the maximum penalty for the charges that JF currently has? If there is no evidence for murder charges of Rita, then there’s a chance this guy will be back out in the streets in, how many years??

Last edited:
"Diane Romero said her daughter is a busy and bubbly mom, one college semester away from becoming a paralegal. She begged her daughter to come home if she could, and for anyone with information about her disappearance to come forward.

Jessica Romero sobbed and told reporters that her sister was her "soul mate," and said she didn't know what to do without her.

"She's my older sister and I've never had to go a day without her for my entire life. We talk on the phone every day," Jessica Romero said. "I miss her smile. I miss her laugh. She's the sunshine on the cloudiest day for me.""

Rita Gutierrez-Garcia's family pleads for help in finding missing Longmont woman

Sorry, quote an old post but my god, that pulled at my heart strings.

OK, it looks like LE are keeping the information they have very very close. Do we know if the POI is the same person she was on the phone to? I have to say, I'm a bit confused/a bit lost. Poor Rita. Her poor family searching for her like that. Ugh.

@margarita25 Are you considering joining the search efforts?

OK, it looks like LE are keeping the information they have very very close. Do we know if the POI is the same person she was on the phone to? I have to say, I'm a bit confused/a bit lost. Poor Rita. Her poor family searching for her like that. Ugh.

@margarita25 Are you considering joining the search efforts?
Greaaaaat question about the phone. That I do not know!

I feel a strong connection to this case, and feel that I have the experience to possibly lend a hand with some ideas. Yes indeed Ana, LE is staying very very tightlipped, they did say however that they a hundred percent support the family conducting their own searches.

Thanks @margarita25 for bringing this case to my attention. LE are keeping tight lipped but hopefully it will pay off. I can’t believe the landlord of this guy!?!? Beating the victim to the door and not letting her leave and erasing security footage. Why is she doing this guy favors? Makes you wonder.

Police have not announced a POI. I gave them my info from backchannels anonymously. I have my personal POI based on non MSM from people I know that live in the area and that are familiar with her (we share mutual friends from way back in the day ). I've even given the police possible locations to search, I have not gone to look myself...but if I can scrounge up some time I may do so.
As a bit of back story, I had a bit of a shady past before I got clean (drugs) 13ish years ago, and there were always rumors that floated around as to where bodies are disposed of to not be found in and around Longmont. Her brother apparently has the same info....or similar.

Major news out of Longmont this morning: Police say they've linked the suspect in a violent sexual assault to the disappearance of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, who is believed to be dead bit.ly/2O43b7V by @madelinestamour

Matt Sebastian on Twitter

‘Longmont police have named Juan Jose Figueroa, Jr. as the suspect in the case of missing woman Rita Gutierrez-Garcia.’

‘Figueroa, 29, has not yet been formally charged in the case, according to a news release from Longmont police Deputy Chief Jeff Satur.’

Longmont police name suspect in disappearance of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia

Last edited:
Major news out of Longmont this morning: Police say they've linked the suspect in a violent sexual assault to the disappearance of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, who is believed to be dead bit.ly/2O43b7V by @madelinestamour

‘Longmont police have named Juan Jose Figueroa, Jr. as the suspect in the case of missing woman Rita Gutierrez-Garcia.’

‘Figueroa, 29, has not yet been formally charged in the case, according to a news release from Longmont police Deputy Chief Jeff Satur.’

From the link:
Figueroa is currently in jail on a $1 million bond for a separate case in which he's accused of strangling and raping a woman he met at a bar in downtown Longmont. He is being held at Jefferson County Jail following an incident at Boulder County Jail where he was assaulted by another inmate.
:eek:

Just as you suspected margarita25! I am praying for the family that they get closure. Breaks my heart

Consolidating some msm for quick reference for tomorrow morning: sorry for any reposts, special thanks to members from Team Lucas for joining here. Hugs!!!

Longmont police name suspect in Rita Gutierrez-Garcia disappearance; no charges filed

“Juan Jose Figueroa, Jr., 29, has not been charged in the case. But Longmont police said Thursday they can identify him as the suspect “as a result of testing from evidence submitted to forensic laboratories.”“

——-

Rita Gutierrez-Garcia suspect held in separate rape case after being arrested at border

“Figueroa was the last person with whom Gutierrez-Garcia was seen the night she disappeared, Satur said in a phone interview. Satur said he is not aware of any personal relationship between the two.”

—-
Suspect in missing mom investigation facing sexual assault charges in another case

“He was a person of interest early on and then the forensic evidence helps him call him a suspect," said Deputy Chief Jeff Satur with Longmont Police Department.

Police said a few days after Gutierrez-Garcia went missing, Figueroa left town and went to Mexico.

"We've done our diligence,” Satur said. “We've actually been to the city, we've been to the place where he was living. We've talked to people in that area and we've talked to people along the route and we have information that likely suggests that [Gutierrez-Garcia] was not with him when he left Colorado."“

———-

Longmont Police Name Suspect In Disappearance Of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia

““As a result of testing from evidence submitted to forensic laboratories, we can now identify a suspect in Rita’s disappearance as Juan Jose Figueroa Jr.,” officials stated.

Juan Jose Figueroa Jr., 29, is believed to be the last person seen with Gutierrez-Garcia.“
——

“This is still a very active investigation, we are making significant progress, but we will not rest until we find Rita and this case is resolved.”“

——
“Police are asking the public to be aware and pay attention any time they are on rural and dirt roads and trails in Boulder County.“

http://amp.thedenverchannel.com/265...ez-garcia-disappearance-no-charges-filed.html

—-

Rita Gutierrez-Garcia suspect held in separate rape case after being arrested at border

For timeline:

“Juan Jose Figueroa Jr., 29, was arrested on a warrant in the 2017 case while attempting to cross the border into Mexico nine days after Gutierrez-Garcia disappeared.“

Last edited:
“Police ask public to be on lookout for remains

Deputy Police Chief Jeff Satur told Denver7 that investigators have information that Rita's remains may be between Longmont and Rollins Pass.

He's asking for the public's help trying to find them.

"There's hundreds of miles of dirt roads up there," he said. "Four-wheel drive trails. So if you live in Boulder County, if you're hiking in Boulder County and taking a day trip, find an isolated road somewhere and walk the ditch for us."“

Longmont police name suspect in Rita Gutierrez-Garcia disappearance; no charges filed

——-

“Investigators have physical evidence that Gutierrez-Garcia was in Figueroa’s white Chevy two-door-pickup truck at one point but can't say much more. They have said they no longer think Gutierrez-Garcia is alive.“

Snip

“Satur said they believe Gutierrez-Garcia’s body is in a remote area near the Peak to Peak Highway, Rabbit Mountain, or anywhere from Rollins Pass to Jamestown.”

Suspect in missing mom investigation facing sexual assault charges in another case

(Note to locate cell towers near P2P Hwy, Rollins Pass, Rabbit Mountain, Jamestown.)

—-

“Satur said he spoke with Gutierrez-Garcia’s mother Thursday.

“We work on this and talk about it daily,” Satur said.

Anyone with relevant information requiring immediate police involvement and follow-up is asked to call the Longmont Emergency Communications Center at (303) 651-8501. A tip line and email address have been established for anyone with information. Please call (303) 774-3700, for the police tip line or e-mail your tips to Policetipline@longmontcolorado.gov.“

Last edited:
“Satur said he spoke to Rita's mom this morning.

"They are a wonderful family," he said. "It breaks my heart because I wish we could give them some kind of news... some sort of closure, but we're going to keep our fingers crossed and we're going to continue to work this case hard."“

——-

“Diane Romero, Gutierrez-Garcia's mother, said she doesn't know Figueroa and she doesn't believe her daughter knew him either.

"I do know that that night other people said that he had been trying to talk to her," Romero said.

While the announcement of a suspect moves the case forward, Romero said she and her family will keep waiting until the case ends for closure.

"Again, he's still a suspect and until we have everything from the police who are really working their butts off ... I'll just keep waiting," she said. "We'll just keep waiting."“

—-
From old article, I find this troubling :

“While police can’t release specifically what information they still need, they believe some people are staying silent on the issue.“

Longmont police believe Rita Gutierrez-Garcia is dead

Why do they think this I wonder??
Do they suspect he had help, perhaps after the fact, for some reason?
ETA: or even worse, during the fact?
If I had to guess I would go with the first option, but who really knows...if so, that charge would be Felony Accessory After The Fact (iirc correctly from Nicole Lovell’s case and others)
-note to check this and maximum penalty for rape and strangulation in CO.

I think they will end up charging him, hopefully, since it sounds like they now have confirmed/linked forensic evidence,moo.

Ps How ironic they released potential search locations today...are they reading Lucas’ thread lol

-interesting they waited so long to release all this. My post was dated april19. Meaning people knew.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drury Lane