Identified! OH - Dobbstown, 'Belle in the Well' WhtFem UP6259, 30-60, in cistern, Apr'81 - Louise Petersen

It has been an incredible month or so with ID of MK and LS, has been right at a month since the last update on Belle in the Well, would like to know the current progress that has been made.
I inquired into Belle's status last week and received this reply:

"We are working away as usual, and yes, things have definitely been hectic! Thank you for asking. :)

We are having to double back a bit to recheck some of the branches we researched -- Belle's tree in particular is a slow process, because so many of the families seem to have a lot of the same names. It gets confusing! ;) So sometimes we have to pause and do some checks and balances and administrative house cleaning on the trees (so to speak) to keep things as organized as possible. Some of our trees for the cases get huge ...

Last week we were all a bit distracted with the DNA Day activities and news events But doing our best to get the show back on the road this week. :) Lots of late nights for sure. :)"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I inquired into Belle's status last week and received this reply:

"We are working away as usual, and yes, things have definitely been hectic! Thank you for asking. :)

We are having to double back a bit to recheck some of the branches we researched -- Belle's tree in particular is a slow process, because so many of the families seem to have a lot of the same names. It gets confusing! ;) So sometimes we have to pause and do some checks and balances and administrative house cleaning on the trees (so to speak) to keep things as organized as possible. Some of our trees for the cases get huge ...

Last week we were all a bit distracted with the DNA Day activities and news events But doing our best to get the show back on the road this week. :) Lots of late nights for sure. :)"

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
N
TY Taramarie :loveyou: Understand the double checks, I had the same issue and still have it with my family tree. One side is a very large family 13 kids had 13 kids that had 10 kids and so on.... it becomes tough when the same first name and surname is in every group... continually passed on it branches way out

Margaret of DNA Doe Project stated on Facebook that they feel Belle in the Well's identification is simply 'a matter of time' so it does seem they are optimistic that she will be identified at some point, there are just sooo many relatives to sort through lol! This is in contrast with Mill Creek Shed Man where his case is 'very tough' and it seems they don't have much to work with.

I hope their next cases won't be quite so incredibly difficult and they can catch a break!

Forensic image released of 'Belle in the Well' found dead decades ago

Belle+in+the+well+on+graphic.jpg

http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Fo...he-Well-found-dead-decades-ago-483056351.html

Investigators are still trying to solve the mystery of the “Belle in the Well,” a cold case in our region that dates back decades.

On Friday, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine and Lawrence County Coroner Dr. Benjamin Mack unveiled a new forensic facial reconstruction of a woman whose remains were found in Lawrence County in 1981.

The clay model was created by a forensic artist with the Attorney General's Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) in an effort to identify the murder victim.

Its been a couple of weeks, wonder what the latest is on Belle in the Well.

What about Juanita Reedy from West Virginia. Height and weight are slightly off but her features look similar, though it is kind of hard to tell with the blurriness of the photo.
Missing Person Case

I'm really excited to see what information they put out. With the information that she may be local to WV I think it may be Juanita Reedy as well. Hopefully we'll get a reply soon!

DNA Doe Project

According to DDP's facebook Belle has been identified!! Just waiting for details... how exciting!!

I thought they were still plugging away at her & shed man was there another comment I missed

DNA Doe Project We are still plugging away on him and Belle in the Well.
1f642.png
:)

#NotASprintButAMarathon
1f603.png

DNA Doe Project

According to DDP's facebook Belle has been identified!! Just waiting for details... how exciting!!

And some nice "props" to CarlK! Can't wait to see a side by side. :)

Edit. Wait a minute, that link refers to Sheep Flats JD. IS THERE A SPECIFIC STATEMENT THAT Belle has been identified?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back