CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily. The shooter could have either missed his first few shots or maybe shot a few rounds at the other tent and missed and then moved to shoot at the final tent and found his target.
But Road heard extremely fast multiple shots in a group. It seems the shooter didn't move around from one tent to another, but his/her only target was TB's tent.

And if the shooter was outside the tent, then there would be multiple holes - more than two for sure- on the tent, the holes contained in one concentric area, not all over the place. That may be the case, who knows, we don't have confirmation from LE yet.

To me the number of shots is not the same as the other reports of shootings which only seem to be one.

Escalation or someone else?

Welcome Roadtripper. So glad you found us and thanks so much for all the info. I hope you'll stick around and not mind our questions!!

I agree that the number of shots seems quite different in the tent shooting. With the hammock shooting and the lady's vehicle that was hit with the shotgun slug, those people were pretty clear they only heard the one shot in their incidents. They both were guaranteed to be with shotguns too. Slug in her car and pellets in the guys arm.

Its so good we have been able to confirm multiple shots in the tent shooting as that is new news to us. I would not outrule a shotgun quite yet in the tent shooting because of what I just read on the Malibu news page. Its important to note that shotgun shells can be slugs or even very large pellets that can appear like a bullet hole. They even make a 000 (triple-ought size) which are shells that only contain about eight large pellets with a diameter of .36 inches each. Called a 000 buckshot round. Slugs are the largest size and each shell has 1 large lead slug. That is what was in the ladys car she found after her car was shot.

There is a great summary of ALL the incidents in a middle section called
"What We Nnow Now:"
in this link below.
The more recent fire and sounds of shots is in the article to the left of that section. That puts total number of incidents around 9 at least from my count.

UPDATE: Shootings Continue in Malibu Canyon Keeping Law Enforcement Busy - The Local Malibu

But Road heard extremely fast multiple shots in a group. It seems the shooter didn't move around from one tent to another, but his/her only target was TB's tent.

And if the shooter was outside the tent, then there would be multiple holes - more than two for sure- on the tent, the holes contained in one concentric area, not all over the place. That may be the case, who knows, we don't have confirmation from LE yet.

For the first part I think you may have misunderstood me. Not moving physically himself. Just moving the barrel of his gun in aiming. He may have been pointing at the other tent for a couple rounds and then quickly swung barrel toward the final tent and found his mark. You can shoot a bunch of rounds quickly with a semi-automatic and the barrel can be swinging the whole time. Or he may have just missed a couple of his first shots over the top of tent and lowered to finally hit his mark.

For the second part I dont think anyone knows for sure how many or where the bullet holes were in the tent. We had some closeups awhile back and some of saw what we think were a couple holes but there is no confirmation from LE on number, size, or location of holes in tent.
It would really help us if we had that confirmation.

Roadtripper seems pretty confident that it was rapid shots and in combination with LE stating they have no evidence the shootings are connected I would assume at this point that it was not a shotgun in TB's case. What would be interesting to find out is the ammunition that hit the Tesla the Monday before TB's death. Since those two incidents happened the same week at more or less the same location a comparison of those two cases would make sense. No info on the kind of weapon used on the Tesla?

As for the number of shots, it’s plausible there were echoes from the canyon? Thoughts? Tia.

Not in the rapid-fire scenario.

The shots were fired at close range to the campground (if not actually in the campground). Right there, it's not steep canyon-y. It's a flat area.

The campers reporting multiple shots were very nearby and should have been able to discern the number of shots with some degree of accuracy. It would be more like being on a shooting range where you can hear everyone's shots very clearly (even with your shooting earphones on!).

As for the number of shots, it’s plausible there were echoes from the canyon? Thoughts? Tia.

Roadtripper is best to answer if he/she thinks any of the gunshots heard may have been echoes.

Echoes would no doubt not be as loud as the original shot so I am assuming they heard real multiple shots and not echoes.

Its a good question though.

Not in the rapid-fire scenario.

The shots were fired at close range to the campground (if not actually in the campground). Right there, it's not steep canyon-y. It's a flat area.

The campers reporting multiple shots were very nearby and should have been able to discern the number of shots with some degree of accuracy. It would be more like being on a shooting range where you can hear everyone's shots very clearly (even with your shooting earphones on!).

Totally Agree.

For the first part I think you may have misunderstood me. Not moving physically himself. Just moving the barrel of his gun in aiming. He may have been pointing at the other tent for a couple rounds and then quickly swung barrel toward the final tent and found his mark. You can shoot a bunch of rounds quickly with a semi-automatic and the barrel can be swinging the whole time. Or he may have just missed a couple of his first shots over the top of tent and lowered to finally hit his mark.

For the second part I dont think anyone knows for sure how many or where the bullet holes were in the tent. We had some closeups awhile back and some of saw what we think were a couple holes but there is no confirmation from LE on number, size, or location of holes in tent.
Just a thought, could we try a weird solar infrared enhanced reverse color effect manipulated image of the tent? See if anything stands out? You know, like we’ve done with BG in A and L’s threads, etc (and like the ones FindHG used to do in NOCO?)

Last edited:
Just a thought, could we try a weird solar infrared enhanced reverse color effect manipulated image of the tent? See if anything stands out? You know, like we’ve done with BG in A and L’s threads, etc (and like the ones FindHG used to do in NOCO?

Its a good idea to try to get some of those original images of the tent and fool with the resolution on the areas where the holes appear.

The one that stood out to me the most was what appeared to be a rather large hole right where the grey section meets the green section and right where the first rib starts.

The problem is trying to get a good picture of it because it was in a video when officers were investigating. So a screen grab is not the best source for trying to fool with the picture.

Have to look back in earlier pages to find some of the better pictures.

BBM wow fancy sleuthing!

(Lol! I saw an alert that you quoted me and I was like,”Oh oh, what did I do now?!” Haha

You know if we implement this fancy imaging technique, maybe we will see panda bears, hooka pipes, puppies, cars and people hanging in trees (reference to BG image manipulations, cough).

ETA: what’s the the name for that again? Paradioa? Something like that lol. Grrrr it’s bugging me now what they call that...

Last edited:

If that's the case, then the shooter was randomly shooting at the tents and it's fortunate no one else got shot that morning. I don't believe that is the case in this case, but I've been wrong many times.

I wonder where did the shooter go after shooting at people or TB.
Road is pretty sure he heard the shots @ 4:27, according to LCSD bulletin, TB was shot @ 4:44. Is 4:44 when LE got the 911 call or when they arrived at the scene or something else?

We didn’t spend a lot of time at the campground on the 21st. My family was on a road trip down the west coast. We setup camp in late afternoon, then left the grounds to go to Santa Monica pier. We arrived back a little before 10. We knew we couldn’t get back in to the campground after 10 as there would be spikes on the road and we didn’t have a whole lot of time to spare so I’m guessing we were one of the last vehicles in.
When I heard the shots, I grabbed my phone and the screen lit up and I am fairly certain that it was 4:27. I did not have phone service and turned off my phone screen quickly. My thoughts at that moment were that there was an active shooter in the park. I quickly dressed and tried to look out of the flaps in the tent door that I had let down for airflow. It was still extremely dark and I could not see anything. I heard a baby cry out and thought he or she must’ve been been awakened by the shots.
I listened by the door for any kind of movement and didnt hear much. I was afraid to leave my tent as I didn’t want to call attention to the fact that I was awake. My wife and four kids were all in the tent and I feared for our lives.
A little while later I heard a male voice call out “Help, somebody help me”. Almost immediately after that I heard a female voice say “shots fired” and assumed someone with phone service had called 911.

A very short time after that, the campground road was filled with SUVs and squad cars traveling very fast on the campground road, searching the area with spotlights. A fire truck showed up shortly after that, then an ambulance.
Sheriff deputies came and got statements from all campers and we were told that we couldn’t leave. If I remember correctly it was close to 1pm before we left. No one had come back to say we could leave but we saw other campers leaving so we tried to head out. We had to check with law enforcement as we left the park.
BBM
To the best of your recollection, how many minutes have passed when you heard someone asking for help after your hearing the shots at 4:27?

(Lol! I saw an alert that you quoted me and I was like,”Oh oh, what did I do now?!” Haha

You know if we implement this fancy imaging technique, maybe we will see panda bears, hooka pipes, puppies, cars and people hanging in trees (reference to BG image manipulations, cough).

ETA: what’s the the name for that again? Paradioa? Something like that lol. Grrrr it’s bugging me now what they call that...

Pareidolia (/pærɪˈdoʊliə/ parr-i-DOH-lee-ə) is a psychological phenomenon in which the mind responds to a stimulus, usually an image or a sound, by perceiving a familiar pattern where none exists.

I am thinking TB was assassinated.
4 quick shots indicates the shooter wanted to make sure he was dead.
I believe it was close range too as the shooter didn't want the kids injured.
Whoever it was imo, had his/her escape plan already plotted and after the final shot, the shooter was able to escape quickly. This isn't related to the other shootings imo, but police can't take the chance and open the park back up again. Not until they get some answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam