Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again.. Just want to offer another thought...

I am thinking, what kind of husband would, after a fight with wife at home and she "walked out to clear her head", proceed to drive her car out to fix the fuel gauge or fill up the car? What if she came back within 2 hours, only to find husband missing with her car gone? And she's expected at work at 1? Surely that would have added more 'fuel' to the 'fire'?

Maybe a psychologist might have something to say about that.
Although Sarah said, her mother had the keys to BR's car and would take that probably. Now again the next question: How did Sarah know, her mother had any keys?

Although Sarah said, her mother had the keys to BR's car and would take that probably. Now again the next question: How did Sarah know, her mother had any keys?
Via Marple said:

I am thinking, what kind of husband would, after a fight with wife at home and she "walked out to clear her head", proceed to drive her car out to fix the fuel gauge or fill up the car? What if she came back within 2 hours, only to find husband missing with her car gone? And she's expected at work at 1? Surely that would have added more 'fuel' to the 'fire'?

Exactly , Sarah said her mother would never miss work . Why weren’t her panic buttons on that day. Again , we’ve been told she called her mum a few times a day. They were close. Why didn’t she know something was up. Did she call her dad during the day to find out why her mum wasnt answering the phone. Why wouldn’t Borce have told her then, that her mum had walked out earlier in the morning. Why did she only find out that evening. I find it strange Sarah had no phone communication throughout that day.
And if they didn’t take the Merc to dinner. How quick was he to find that second set of keys for his car in the house?
So is it Borces keys that are missing or Karens keys? Or are both still around? None of this flows right.

It states, they came home at 7.30 pm.
Recently we were discussing here, from memory, that it was after 6 pm. that Sarah came home from work, and BR and Sarah, were going to dinner.
So returning at 7.30 pm doesn't sound correct: getting ready, journey there and back, dinner.

Edit: looking at previous posts, we all are thinking, things aren't right.o_O

Yes it seems like a very short time to have a dinner. How many of us have gone to dinner and compleyed it in an hour, mine usually last three or four. I agree with you Soso, sounds like bull....

... and which car did they take for driving to the grandparents for dinner?
Which car did BR take to bring the boyfriend home? Did he always use Karen's Merc this first day, she had "disappeared"?

Via Marple said:

Exactly , Sarah said her mother would never miss work . Why weren’t her panic buttons on that day. Again , we’ve been told she called her mum a few times a day. They were close. Why didn’t she know something was up. Did she call her dad during the day to find out why her mum wasnt answering the phone. Why wouldn’t Borce have told her then, that her mum had walked out earlier in the morning. Why did she only find out that evening. I find it strange Sarah had no phone communication throughout that day.
And if they didn’t take the Merc to dinner. How quick was he to find that second set of keys for his car in the house?
So is it Borces keys that are missing or Karens keys? Or are both still around? None of this flows right.
Yes I hope the police has already looked at their car arrangements, and how they kept their car keys. Since driving is such a big point in the evidence and alibis.

The highlighted question in moreinfo's quote might well be proof that Borce knew Karen wasn't going to come home ever, to go to work. Depending on whether theoretically Karen had access to his car keys while he was out.

When you're 1.4 mil in debt who can afford a window cleaner. :D
Just a wonderful answer.:):)
Regarding money being in debt: I am still wondering, wouldn't it now spiral, to be so much, much more, as perhaps little 'going' in besides rent payments, no 'Uber contributions', no 'dress sales' etc?
Wouldn't there be some means, where things are sold, to pay debts, as $1.4 million, when this was calculated, is now loads more?
Advice, on this, must certainly have been discussed, and appropriate measures are now 'happening', I would think. Guess we may not know.

Interesting thought & sorry for the misunderstanding re Karen being shot, but I don’t understand why Borce would want or need a gun. If he bought one & needed to explain where the money went, the police certainly didn’t find it (not that they necessarily would if it’s hidden off site, but if it’s off site it isn’t serving any purpose, either) when they searched & did forensics at their house.

The family business was already losing money hand over fist, I don’t see Borce worrying over an explanation over where $850 went, especially when his statements to police are so full of contradictions already - he couldn’t even stick to one story about his whereabouts and movements.

In my opinion the $850 was invented by Borce to provide a possible robbery-turned-murder explanation for Karen’s disappearance, or to give Karen potential means to go missing for a while without touching her bank account.

BBM. Exactly my opinion too re the $850, Amalgam.

And IF it ever existed, records and/or statements would show the withdrawal.
If not, he'd have to explain where it came from.

Last edited:
I struggle to use the word family for Karen - it's beyond sad. The delays in treating Karen's disappearance only make me think that B and S both had to be complicit. No WAY would a loving daughter who spoke regularly to her mother wait to sound an alarm.
Even it was a hated mother-in-law that nagged the hell out of you and they had disappeared you would be think to call the police. I just don't buy their stories, flimsy at best, threads of untruths masking reality.

I struggle to use the word family for Karen - it's beyond sad. The delays in treating Karen's disappearance only make me think that B and S both had to be complicit. No WAY would a loving daughter who spoke regularly to her mother wait to sound an alarm.
Even it was a hated mother-in-law that nagged the hell out of you and they had disappeared you would be think to call the police. I just don't buy their stories, flimsy at best, threads of untruths masking reality.

It doesn't scan, does it, Laidan!.... at this point, Karen is the only one bringing in an income, too, so to speak, on a daily basis.

Sarah isn't, and Borce's odd bits of Uber could hardly be held to be reliable. And you would want to keep that going, particularly as Karen had an employee, explanations would have to be made, and instantly.

It is the one thing in the story they both tell that clangs with idiocy, the waiting to report her missing, PARTICULARLY since the story , when it eventually was told , was that Karen was out there, in the city, in the dark , in the unknown, headed for no particular destination!.. Conjuring up the impression of a dangerous murderous stranger.

A feeble attempt to distance themselves from the event. And they both tell this same yarn. They waited . Everything in their lives rested on their wife/mother maintaining her business and running that household , paying the odds and ends of bills, keeping the snarling wolf from the door for one more week.

Why would there be a shovel, Big T? Her body was dumped in the space between tree branches lying above ground. There was no attempt to dig a grave and bury her.

The report of seeing a man with a shovel was in Dec 2016, so it’s some time after the drive up the Calder. That was what was curious.

The report of seeing a man with a shovel was in Dec 2016, so it’s some time after the drive up the Calder. That was what was curious.

Maybe to cover 'part of body' (the area that may have been damaged) so decay is faster, and evidence lost.
Also maybe to bury, items that may have been left, or scrap surrounding area, so no 'tell tail' signs remain.
All my own thoughts, if spade man connected to Karen's murder.

I recall earlier on that they had shares in horses right? Not sure what income was coming in if he actually did have shares. Also does anyone remember the drive back from mt Macedon was back thru the Hume highway via a tab or something.

I recall Vasko having shares in a racehorse & a mention of checking TAB CCTV, but not in connection with the drive back.

Money questions related to this Thread:
You die, and you are heavily in debt.
Your Estate does not cover your large debt.
You have Super and Life Insurance, awarded to Person A.
Does Person A have to repay your Debt, from their Inheritance, or does your Debt, just 'float away'.

Money questions related to this Thread:
You die, and you are heavily in debt.
Your Estate does not cover your large debt.
You have Super and Life Insurance, awarded to Person A.
Does Person A have to repay your Debt, from their Inheritance, or does your Debt, just 'float away'.
The deceased Estate has to pay all debts before distributing to beneficiaries. However if the super and life insurance are left directly to beneficiaries and not the estate, I think the trustees have the discretion. The debtor may also sue to get their share back...

Ok enough of me rambling and please have a real lawyer here!o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member