Still Missing PA - Cassandra Gross, 51, Latrobe, 7 Apr 2018 *arrest in 2022*

Has anybody heard anything new? I recently had surgery and haven't been keeping up. I'm local and to my knowledge there has not been anything lately.

Odd that there have not been any areas re-searched, including the water features. There have been a number of missing persons found in areas that had already been searched. It least it eliminates that particular area and resources can be focused elsewhere.

Has anybody heard anything new? I recently had surgery and haven't been keeping up. I'm local and to my knowledge there has not been anything lately.
Hope you are on the mend & doing well!
I haven’t heard anything either :( So strange when things go deafeningly quiet

Thank you, Richard! So Cassandra was a witness to a bar fight Thomas Stanko was involved in?? This is the first I’ve heard about it. At least maybe now we know why Cassandra is missing :( Not happy about the cadaver dogs because that means they’re looking for her body...hoping she is found, so she can be put to rest & for her family to grieve & get justice for Cassandra

Cemetery is searched for missing Pa. woman feared killed

Police, including Pa. state troopers and at least two cadaver dogs, searched the grounds of the Unity Cemetery Monday looking for clues. The cemetery is near the residence of Gross' former boyfriend's mother.

This likely means police are still focusing their probe on her estranged boyfriend Thomas Stanko, despite his denials of any involvement.

Neighbors and family say Stanko was both physically and emotionally abusive to Gross.

There was no immediate word whether the cemetery search turned up any new clues or evidence.

If Cassandra was buried, it is possible that weather and undergrowth/grass has obscured the site. The best option for LE is GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar). The equipment can be rented, services provided by utility locating services and in some cases, obtained from College Archaeology departments.

Stanko, who has been in jail since the end of April, maintains he has no information about her whereabouts. No criminal charges have been filed in the case.

Following a lengthy hearing, a Common Pleas Judge ordered Stanko to serve an additional two t0 four years in prison in connection with an incident at a Unity cemetery in 2015. Stanko, 47, originally pleaded guilty to five counts each of simple assault and reckless endangerment and was ordered to serve 11-1/2 to 23 months in jail for threatening five people with a gun during a midnight memorial service.

Stanko is scheduled to appear July 24 before another Westmoreland County judge for a potential guilty plea on charges that he violated terms of a previous drunken driving offense. Police contend Stanko drove a vehicle not equipped with an ignition interlock device. In court Tuesday, Stanko admitted to that offense.

Meanwhile, the search for clues to find Cassandra Gross continues.

Ex-boyfriend of missing Unity woman ordered to prison in separate case

Stanko, who has been in jail since the end of April, maintains he has no information about her whereabouts. No criminal charges have been filed in the case.

Following a lengthy hearing, a Common Pleas Judge ordered Stanko to serve an additional two t0 four years in prison in connection with an incident at a Unity cemetery in 2015. Stanko, 47, originally pleaded guilty to five counts each of simple assault and reckless endangerment and was ordered to serve 11-1/2 to 23 months in jail for threatening five people with a gun during a midnight memorial service.

Stanko is scheduled to appear July 24 before another Westmoreland County judge for a potential guilty plea on charges that he violated terms of a previous drunken driving offense. Police contend Stanko drove a vehicle not equipped with an ignition interlock device. In court Tuesday, Stanko admitted to that offense.

Meanwhile, the search for clues to find Cassandra Gross continues.

Ex-boyfriend of missing Unity woman ordered to prison in separate case
Thank you JerseyGirl! Good to know that he’s not going anywhere. Hoping they find Cassandra while he is locked up!

"Following a lengthy hearing, a Common Pleas Judge ordered Stanko to serve an additional two t0 four years in prison in connection with an incident at a Unity cemetery in 2015. Stanko, 47, originally pleaded guilty to five counts each of simple assault and reckless endangerment and was ordered to serve 11-1/2 to 23 months in jail for threatening five people with a gun during a midnight memorial service."

The big question to me is why you would be threatening people in a cemetery, more so with a firearm? What is the stressor that caused that degree of reaction? Was the group of five individuals too close to something that may have lead to a discovery of some sort?

So trckergd, would a cadaver dog be able to pick up a scent if Cassandra was placed in an open grave and the vault for the burial placed on top of her? Say the grave was open and waiting for the funeral the next day and she was placed in the open grave and covered with dirt. I just wonder why the police continue to go back to the cemetery and not search other places...just my thoughts...

So trckergd, would a cadaver dog be able to pick up a scent if Cassandra was placed in an open grave and the vault for the burial placed on top of her? Say the grave was open and waiting for the funeral the next day and she was placed in the open grave and covered with dirt. I just wonder why the police continue to go back to the cemetery and not search other places...just my thoughts...

Depends on the skill of the cadaver dog. Decomposition gases would travel up through the ground and may be detectable as the body in the vault on top would be sealed.

Thank you, Richard! So Cassandra was a witness to a bar fight Thomas Stanko was involved in?? This is the first I’ve heard about it. At least maybe now we know why Cassandra is missing :( Not happy about the cadaver dogs because that means they’re looking for her body...hoping she is found, so she can be put to rest & for her family to grieve & get justice for Cassandra

if he was hardcore stalking her my guess is the reason she is missing is more in line with he couldn't handle being rejected by her ... and her not being a witness against him is just bonus for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back