SPOTLIGHT CASE Human Trafficking Awareness Thread

Have mega info but was attacked and beaten severely in 2013. <modsnip>

I don&#8217;t want you to say more than you have, but are you in a safer position now? I hope so. It sounds like you&#8217;ve gone through something horrific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have mega info but was attacked and beaten severely in 2013. <modsnip>

Perhaps you could share your "mega info" and "mega evidence" with the FBI? They investigate human trafficking and public corruption.

[h=1]Woman allegedly trafficked through Backpage.com says new legislation brings 'closure'[/h]
For Jessika, standing in the Oval Office today was an emotional moment, as the president signed new legislation that would help prevent what happened to her from happening to other young girls.
Jessika is one of hundreds of young women who say they were sold for sex allegedly through Backpage.com, the highly controversial classifieds site that federal authorities shut down last week, indicting seven of its top officials with facilitating prostitution and money laundering.
President Donald Trump signed a new law today that will hold online services responsible for abusive content knowingly facilitating sex trafficking. The &#8220;Allow States and Victims to Fight Online Sex Trafficking Act,&#8221; or the "FOSTA" bill, goes into effect immediately.
Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-alle...-legislation-brings-closure/story?id=54390501

Vietnamese teen's escape from the China trafficking trade that sold her mother

When So was 13, she was stolen from her Vietnamese mountain town and sold in China. Just months before, her mother Do had sold herself across the border to save her life.

ABC News
By freelance correspondent Zoe Osborne
Updated about 2 hours ago [as at 09:18 AEST 21 April 2018]

‘At 13, most children are starting high school, but not So. Already independent, she packed her bags and left her small mountain village to work in Sapa town, a thriving tourist hub in north Vietnam.

So found a job working illegally at a noodle shop, rented a room and felt free and excited in her region's only urban hotspot.

But after just two months, she was gone — one of a growing number of Vietnamese women trafficked to China, a path her mother Do had taken only three months before.

"My friend Sa and I met two boys at the lake in town," So explains, almost two years later. "I'd never met one of the boys before but the other guy was Sa's boyfriend so it seemed OK to go together."

So and Sa saw no issue in hopping on the back of two motorbikes with their new friends. They'd be back in Sapa before nightfall.

It wasn't until So's driver turned off the main road into a forest that she began to feel nervous.

"He had one hand driving and one hand texting," says So.

I asked him 'where are we?' and I asked him to stop, but he didn't.

Eventually the motorbikes slowed — they had reached a river. The Red River, winding the length of Lao Cai's border with China's Yunnan province, is a notorious crossing for traffickers. On the other side, the men who would receive the young girls were waiting.

Stolen, sold, rarely returned

At least 100 girls are repatriated to Lao Cai province from China every year, but many more are stolen, sold and never returned.

Lao Cai, one of the poorest, most isolated and most ethnically diverse provinces in Vietnam, is a prime spot for traffickers.

There are few statistics available that show exactly how many women and girls like So are trafficked to China every year, but the issue is on the rise all over Vietnam. Whether they are kidnapped or tricked with the promise of love or a better life, girls as young as 13 are sold across the border as sex workers, factory workers or, increasingly, brides.

Sold as a slave

So's trafficker manhandled her down to the water and the two girls were forced to wade across in the darkness.

"On the other side, two guys held me and Sa and the other two guys went to the bushes to pay each other," says So. "That's when I felt really scared. They had taken my phone and my money so I had no way to call for help.

One guy said 'if you don't stay here, I'll kill you. I've killed many people before, do you want to go down to have a look?'

The girls were forced onto motorbikes, sandwiched between their Chinese buyers and Vietnamese traffickers.

"They took us to a house where we stayed for a night and in the morning, they brought a dress for Sa and put her in high heels," says So. "I never saw her again."’

Click on the headline (above) to read more.

'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Is Charged With Sex Trafficking'

https://verizon.yahoo.com/news/apos-smallville-apos-actress-allison-233716070.html

Actress Allison Mack was charged with sex trafficking on Friday in connection with her alleged involvement in a secret cult in upstate New York.

She and Keith Raniere, who was arrested March 25 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, are both charged with sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy.

The charges are in connection with their involvement in NXIVM (&#8220;Nexium&#8221;), a group started by Raniere that claims its mission is &#8220;to raise human awareness, foster an ethical humanitarian civilization, and celebrate what it means to be human.&#8221;

'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Is Charged With Sex Trafficking'

https://verizon.yahoo.com/news/apos-smallville-apos-actress-allison-233716070.html

Actress Allison Mack was charged with sex trafficking on Friday in connection with her alleged involvement in a secret cult in upstate New York.

She and Keith Raniere, who was arrested March 25 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, are both charged with sex trafficking, sex trafficking conspiracy and forced labor conspiracy.

The charges are in connection with their involvement in NXIVM (&#8220;Nexium&#8221;), a group started by Raniere that claims its mission is &#8220;to raise human awareness, foster an ethical humanitarian civilization, and celebrate what it means to be human.&#8221;

Actress Allison Mack Is Released To Her Parents On $5 Million Bail In Sex Trafficking

https://www.yahoo.com/news/actress-allison-mack-released-her-225805364.html

snipped
"Former &#8220;Smallville&#8221; cast member and accused sex trafficker Allison Mack was released on Tuesday to the custody of her parents in exchange for $5 million bail."
"Mack is prohibited from using cellular services or the internet while she is at her parents&#8217; home, and is forbidden from communicating with former or current members of Nxivm, according to NBC News. "
"Authorities said Mack recruited women to join what she claimed was a female mentorship group called Jness. She and Raniere are accused of exploiting the women who joined, both sexually and for their labor, according to BuzzFeed.

Mack was Raniere&#8217;s direct &#8220;slave&#8221; but acted as &#8220;master&#8221; to other female members, often forcing them to have sex with Raniere and have his initials branded into their pubic region with a cauterizing pen, according to the criminal complaint obtained by the New York Post. "

https://www.cp24.com/world/police-free-human-trafficking-victims-across-the-caribbean-1.3907963
April 30, 2018 10:26AM EDT PARIS - A police operation across the Caribbean and South America has freed nearly 350 people from human trafficking networks and led to the arrests of 22 people.

Those rescued included children and adults working in nightclubs, gold mines, factories, open-air markets and on farms, international police agency Interpol said Monday.

Some were forced to work without pay, or in spaces no bigger than coffins. Interpol said the traffickers took advantage of vulnerable populations seeking jobs across borders.
&#8220;In Guyana, young women were found working as prostitutes next to extremely remote gold mines, from which they could not escape,&#8221; Interpol said in a statement.

The first goal was to find the kids, the second was to develop leads on where other missing children may be and the third was to get information about potential human trafficking or prostitution in Genesee County.

"This is the first time in the 20 years since I've been the sheriff that we've put a strikeforce team together of this magnitude involving law enforcement agencies from all over the county as well as social agencies, hospitals," said Genesee County Robert Pickell. "We've got 76 kids right now that are in potentially dangerous situations. We are concerned if they're not already being exploited that they're potential people to be exploited. The whole purpose of us here today is to protect these kids -- get them. It's a rescue mission in that sense."
Police scour Genesee County for 76 missing kids
About 70 police officers from most agencies in the county targeted specific homes, rescuing children from human trafficking.

The kids, all under the age of 17, were reported missing after failing to show up for court hearings, missing school or were foster children the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services hadn't heard from for a while.

Police say four to six of the children were being trafficked. One of them was taking part in a forensic interviewer Thursday afternoon, talking about alleged sex crimes in which they were the victim.

All of the remaining children subjected to sex trafficking will receive forensic interviews in the near future.

Authorities placed 15 children in juvenile custody -- 12 of them in Genesee County facilities and three others in facilities outside the county.

"We're gonna protect these kids and we're gonna find them, locate them and get them some help," said Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell.
Authorities find 51 of 76 missing children during sweep

human%20trafficking%20suspects_1530211129938.jpg_12132688_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

DAVIDSON, N.C. - The Davidson Police Department said two suspects are charged with human trafficking, involuntary servitude and conspiracy after they were picked up at a Davidson nail salon.

Police said officers along with Homeland Security investigators served a search warrant Tuesday at the Luxury Nail Salon on Jetton Street.

They said Tien Luong and Nip Mihn Tsi were initially charged with assault inflicting serious bodily injury.
On Wednesday, police said they obtained additional warrants for human trafficking for the same two suspects and served those Thursday morning.

Police arrest two suspects at Davidson nail salon charged with human trafficking

Mom, activists find missing Milwaukee girl in Chicago after disturbing video posts on Facebook
Mom, activists find missing Milwaukee girl in Chicago after disturbing video posts on Facebook
June 29 2018
"A 16-year-old girl is back home in Milwaukee after her mother and activists in two cities with large social media followings found her in Chicago.

Armoni Chambers was found Wednesday after activists got a tip about a disturbing video of her being assaulted by a man. The video was posted on Facebook just days after her mother, Bonnie Bruno, and Milwaukee activist Tory Lowe first traveled to Chicago to look for her.

Chicago police are aware of the video, and detectives and the human trafficking task force are investigating, according to an email from the department's Office of Communications.

She was found by local activists before she was taken to a hospital and reunited with her mother, Chicago police said.

Bruno said her daughter was trafficked by several men after being lured to Chicago by someone online."

Detectives asking for public's help after Summerville man arrested on 20 child sex crime charges

DORCHESTER COUNTY, SC (WCSC) -

"Detectives believe there may be more victims of a Summerville man who has been charged with a large number of child sex crimes.

On July 11, the Dorchester County Sheriff's Office arrested Travis E. Betts.

He is charged with 11 counts of second-degree sexual exploitation of a minor, six counts of first-degree sexual exploitation of a minor and three counts of promoting prostitution of a minor..."

Thank you @WVWoman for sending me this info, I’m flagging this post for a mod to please place in the correct forum, I was looking for the trafficking awareness section. Thank you.

Sheriff’s Office comments on reports of area businessman being arrested for human trafficking

“The investigation links the alleged criminal organization to some of Scioto County’s missing women including Megan Lancaster, who went missing in 2013, and Jennifer Shepherd, whose body was found in Pine Creek in Wheelersburg during the same year.“

-link to Megan’s thread:
OH - OH - Megan Lancaster, 25, Scioto County, 3 April 2013
—not seeing a thread for Jennifer?

WCSC : 'Get these monsters off our streets': Dozens arrested in SC online predator sting

RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS) - Dozens of arrests have been made in what authorities are calling the most successful online predator sting in South Carolina.

The Richland County Sheriff's Department led the statewide effort with U.S. Attorney Lydon, the South Carolina Attorney General’s Office, U.S. Secret Service, the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Marshals and other law enforcement departments across the state. The four-day sting targeted potential child predators preying on children online and grooming them for sex.

Texas man sentenced to life for sex trafficking underage girls in Fort Worth

Texas man sentenced to life for sex trafficking underage girls in Fort Worth

FORT WORTH

"A Fort Worth man was sentenced to life in prison on Monday after being found guilty of sex trafficking underage girls.

Pierre Lagrone, also known as “P” or “Pedro,” was a member of a violent sex trafficking ring with a core of eight men and a pimp for a 17-year-old girl known as Jane Doe No. 2, court documents said.

Lagrone and co-conspirators, Herman Sanders, also known as “Pooh,” 29, and Demarcus Davis, also known as “Zigg,” 26, were found guilty for their roles in a conspiracy to commit sex trafficking of underage girls after a four-day trial in April, according to a news release from the U.S. Attorneys office.

Sanders was previously sentenced to 35 years in prison and Davis is scheduled for sentencing Monday, the release said..."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back