Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

Such a shame that the DA had nothing firm to convict EG!

Another case where the laws are made for the criminals - seems she knew how to play the game.

Also, left Lucas out in the weather long enough that nothing showed up on what caused his death. We know he didn’t die of natural causes. Bless his heart! He is safe now and will never suffer another blow or kick.

Goal was to charge Emily Glass with murdering little Lucas. But she killed herself.

A lying, deceptive Emily Glass remains the “sole suspect” in the death of 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez.

Investigators would have tried to pursue a murder charge against her — with the underlying crime being child abuse or endangerment — if she hadn’t shot herself in the head on June 8.

It’s not clear whether Glass might have intentionally or accidentally killed Lucas, the son of her boyfriend.

Those were key points in Friday’s briefing by District Attorney Marc Bennett and Wichita police Capt. Brent Allred. They also shared many more details, they said, so the public would know the extent of their investigation, including how police painstakingly tried to track Glass’ movements around the time she said Lucas disappeared from their home. Investigators drove street after street looking for video that might have shown her white SUV.

Goal was to charge Emily Glass with murdering little Lucas. But she killed herself.

Lucas is out of this crazy life. He is peaceful. Emily will be forever known as the person that killed him, but faced suicide rather than the court. Emily received the death sentence, by her own hand. She can't be tried, nor convicted, and her sentence if she had been convicted couldn't measure the sentence she's pulling now. I don't think she would have killed herself if she had been innocent in any way. I don't think there's an innocent phase to any of her story regarding the abuse, murder, and disposal of Lucas.

Lucas's remaining family may be left with many unanswered questions, feeling of regrets, feeling of guilt, feeling of loss, yet, Lucas is free. He's not waiting on someone to believe him now. He's not waiting on someone to save him now. He's not waiting on the next beating, or verbal abuse. He's free of all that. Thus I can close this case in my mind, feeling justice for Lucas was given.

They couldn’t legally hold her after Lucas’ body was found?

Seems to me that’s exactly when it SHOULD have been legal to hold her!
They had to charge her. If they charged her with obstruction and she plead guilty they could not later charge for anything else relating to Lucas. That would be double jeopardy.

They had to charge her. If they charged her with obstruction and she plead guilty they could not later charge for anything else relating to Lucas. That would be double jeopardy.
That's a crazy law. So what if a person is charged with one crime and plead guilty, then later on LE discovers another crime was committed involved around the crime they already plead guilty for? They can't be charged?

So now that the case is basically closed, can the searchers who met with TM and TES tell us anything they were previously not allowed to tell? For instance, what info had you guys searching in the area Lucas was ultimately found.

If you still can’t say anything, I completely understand. Just wondered if the NDAs were still valid with both Lucas and EG being gone.

Last edited:
Jason Tidd‏ @Jason_Tidd
Newsreporter

Glass said in a text to a family member that she found Lucas dead in his room and drove him to the Harvey County bridge. She said no one else was involved. She said she led people on a "wild goose chase."

1:43 PM - 20 Jul 2018

Edit to update EG sent text after dear Lucas body recovered. I'm so sad over this final Police/DA report, and almost wish I hadn't followed the PC...:(

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why they needed such a long time to release this report.
I am sure all detectives and others involved in this case did their best, but somehow this final report is lacking more information than it gives, just my opinion, of course.
Many people in many different countries will keep you in their hearts, little Lucas!

No mention of a question and answer session with Lucas while she was at OG or if he was seen peeking out the window by the LL. Also I think Nancy Grace needs to be checked, that garbage she gave about him dying in the bathroom on the 10th or 11th.
Maybe, just maybe, do you think that Nancy made a mistake and misunderstood what someone else had said and it was meant... "died in the back room instead of, died in the bathroom"? I can see those words getting messed up, both statements sound quite similar.

Last edited:
I've been perplexed about the State of Kansas application of 'double jeopardy', as explained by the DA at the PC. But now I'm furious after learning that in 2014, Kansas also broadened the previous 90 day limit on moving a criminal trial to 150 days! Just to demonstrate how generous this is, a Speedy Trial* in Washington requires a trial in 60 days of arraignment-- if the defendant is detained in jail; if defendant not detained, it's 90 days.

There's no risk of Kansas being a "get out of jail free pass" to any defendant whose trial does not occur within 150 days of his or her arraignment,” so why the pass on double jeopardy too?

*Speedy Trial from the legal maxim "Justice delayed is justice denied"

Maybe, just maybe, do you think that Nancy made a mistake and misunderstood what someone else had said and it was meant... "died in the back room instead of, died in the bathroom"? I can see those words getting messed up, both statements sound quite similar.
No. I think a former spokesperson told her reporter that. Some seem to think that the drug bath salts are the same as the bath salts you put in the bathtub (which are just himalayn salt and essential oils) and that he was drowned in a bath because of the chemical found in his system from decomp, which is also found in the drug bath salts. Basically, NG couldn't get enough "good" info so she kept taking info/interviews from the crazy groupies. JMO.

I've been perplexed about the State of Kansas application of 'double jeopardy', as explained by the DA at the PC. But now I'm furious after learning that in 2014, Kansas also broadened the previous 90 day limit on moving a criminal trial to 150 days! Just to demonstrate how generous this is, a Speedy Trial* in Washington requires a trial in 60 days of arraignment-- if the defendant is detained in jail; if defendant not detained, it's 90 days.

There's no risk of Kansas being a "get out of jail free pass" to any defendant whose trial does not occur within 150 days of his or her arraignment,” so why the pass on double jeopardy too?

Agreed. I thought that double jeopardy only applied to charging someone for the same crime, not for more than one related crime. I guess the laws vary state to state, but this is just ridiculous. It seems like justice was more than denied in this case, to me at least.

I know that it could be said that justice was served when EG offed herself, but to me that just created more victims, specifically her two sons and her daughter. She didn't deserve to raise them or be a mom to them, but they deserved to be able to have her there when they were old enough to confront her as to why she wasn't.

I don't feel he was "nothing" in the eyes of the law. They stated they would have pursued a circumstantial murder charge if EG were alive. That's a tough case to pursue, so that makes me feel so if he meant a lot, and they would have tried all they could.
How about going after those who saw and knew he was being abused and did nothing? How about the father, who REFUSED to discuss the abuse allegations in his first interview with JO? He mentioned that once Lucas was found, sure, we'll address it then, but that it wasn't "important" at the time. This is the same man that left a mark on his girlfriends son and plead guilty, while trying to turn around and basically blame the kid because he sprayed air freshener around the house. God forgive me for saying this, but that poor child thankfully got justice and is hopefully doing great and hopefully won't suffer any reprecussions from that incident. Although, I do worry about him later on in years, knowing that Lucas died shortly after that happened- that can do a lot to a child psychologically, but at least Jonathan will never have the chance to hurt him again and is free from abuse. What justice did Lucas get for suffering through abuse and eventually died? Nothing!

People reported the abuse, nothing was done. So, yes, in the eyes of the law, Lucas' death, in my opinion, means nothing. Nothing at all.

By the way, I am not criticizing the wonderful cops, detectives, and the beautiful searchers who looked for him. I am talking the law- the courts. No justice given to this boy. Nothing was answered. Nothing. Things we knew back in February is basically all that was discussed, and it was skimmed over.

Last edited:
How about going after those who saw and knew he was being abused and did nothing? How about the father, who REFUSED to discuss the abuse allegations in his first interview with JO? He mentioned that once Lucas was found, sure, we'll address it then, but that it wasn't "important" at the time. This is the same man that left a mark on his girlfriends son and plead guilty, while trying to turn around and basically blame the kid because he sprayed air freshener around the house. God forgive me for saying that, but that poor child thankfully got justice and is hopefully doing great and hopefully won't suffer any reprecussions from that incident. Although, I do worry about him later on in years, knowing that Lucas died shortly after that happened- that can do a lot to a child psychologically, but at least Jonathan will never have the chance to hurt him again and is free from abuse. What justice did Lucas get? Nothing!

People reported the abuse, nothing was done. So, yes, in the eyes of the law, Lucas' death, in my opinion, means nothing. Nothing at all.

By the way, I am not criticizing the wonderful cops, detectives, and the beautiful searchers who looked for him. I am talking the law- the courts. No justice given to this boy. Nothing was answered. Nothing. Things we knew back in February is basically all that was discussed, and it was skimmed over.

This! Thanks for putting it into words.

Ever since EG killed herself, I get a weird uncomfortable tingle in the back of my throat whenever I think about this case or consider logging onto WS. I hate it, I have it right now. And, my stomach hurts. I have not posted in a while, because I have just been physically disgusted with everything surrounding this case.
Every darn part of this case has just been worse then the next. I needed a break. I have been a part of a number of cases here, but this one got me more then any other.

Yet today, for some reason, I felt the need to jump back on here, not sure why.

Maybe just to say, you all are virtually the ONLY bright side in this horrible tornado of hellish events that occurred in Lucas' life.

Peace to all of you!

They couldn’t legally hold her after Lucas’ body was found?

Seems to me that’s exactly when it SHOULD have been legal to hold her!

Yes they could have. But it may have had an adverse affect in the homicide charge they had hoped to file.

The DA made the correct decision in this case. Sadly EG Privabky knew that after 3 months Lucas remains would have been so severely decomposed that little could be found for cause and manner if death.

She wasn’t stupid by any means. She placed his body where water and repeated freezing and thawing would be most destructive.

She kept interviews short until the cops had no choice but to arrest her. It would not surprise me if she paid a visit to the bridge where he was found to check on decomp.

She knew she was going to b judged by the public and after her family kicked her out she began to plan her suicide. All planned for the maxdrama.

She was smart devious and cunning. She tore the heart out if a community yet her actions in the end united them.

Wichita showed class cohesion and a warm affection for a little boy they never knew, who captured hearts and brought so many together.

So many volunteered not for applause or credit, but for a cause that clearly said “ you can’t get away with that here, we’ve had enough dead abused kids”. The effort grew and I have no doubt the next child that disappears will have the same organizers with as many boots on the ground as show up. Each of them knows who they are and are the best of the best. Some are posters here and it’s an honor to share my thoughts with you.

IANL but my understanding is that if she plead guilty to the obstruction charge there would have been no trial she would have been sentenced for that charge.
If she would have plead not guilty then she would have remained in jail waiting a trial for that charge and additional charges could have been added when evidence was gathered, but they didn't want to risk that.
Remember when she was originally arrested on two charges, one for the baby and one for Lucas? The one for Lucas was tabled, she was never charged on that one. They had her in jail on the charge for the baby so they were trying to find Lucas and hopefully be able to charge her for the first arrest warrant, obstruction and possibly murder. They did not want to chance her being charged and sentenced on a lesser charge, pertaining to Lucas and not being able to charge her for for the big charge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back