Found Deceased TX - Thomas Brown, 18, Hemphill County, 23 Nov 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just occurred to me but is this the same Sheriff Meek that thinks Michael Chambers committed suicide?
No. The sheriff in Tom's case is Sheriff Lewis. Penny Meeks is Tom's Mom (who is remarried). No obvious family connection to Sheriff Meeks in Michael Chambers case.

Two years missing: family honors Thomas Brown
On Tuesday afternoon, senior investigator Philip Klein released a statement in regards to Tom's case:

"Today we have received many phone calls from the media in request of an update on the Thomas Brown case - located in Canadian Texas. We want the media to know that this is still very active and we believe a solvable case. We were asked this last week on a 1-10 scale - with 1 being a cold case - where we are on the case. We believe we are on a "7" on the scale. We do not want to compromise the case and have been asked not to make any direct statements. We can say the investigation that we have dropped our timeline of events from 12:08 (the next morning) to 11:37 at the pumps where he filled up with fuel. We ask you to pray and have faith in ALL investigators with the state, PSB and federal agents that are working on the case."

High school senior Thomas Brown missing from Texas after vanishing over Thanksgiving 2016

The day before Thanksgiving in 2016, Penny Kendall Meek was enjoying having her sons together at their Canadian, Texas home. Penny tells Dateline she remembers her youngest son, high school senior Thomas Brown, spending time with his older brother, Tucker, who was home from college for the holiday.

Thomas Brown, 18.
Around 6:00 p.m. that night, Penny says Thomas said he was going to go hang out with friends. He asked for her debit card for gas money

[...]

The day before Thanksgiving in 2016, Penny Kendall Meek was enjoying having her two sons together at their Canadian, Texas home. Penny’s youngest son, 18-year-old Thomas Brown, told her he was going to hang out with friends around 6:00 p.m. that night. Authorities would later see surveillance footage that shows Thomas at a nearby gas station around 11:30 p.m. But when Thomas didn’t return home by his midnight curfew, his family grew concerned. Texts to his phone went unanswered, and his phone seemed to turn off shortly after midnight. Thomas’s mother and brother drove around town in separate cars looking for him, but the high school senior was nowhere to be found. Later that morning, his car was found in a remote suburban area his mother says would have been an unusual place for him to be. Thomas’s backpack and cellphone have since been found within 10 miles of the car, but no significant evidence has been uncovered. His mother Penny has created a Facebook group called Moms 4 Tom, which is “a group of moms, friends, and community members dedicated to finding Thomas and bringing him home.”

Five years of Dateline’s Missing in America: 109 still missing

Just a thought...what caliber weapons do the Sheriff and his Deputies carry in Canadian? Someone fired a 25 caliber bullet into Thomas's car. For those who suspect local law enforcement of his murder, a 25 seems a bit low. Don't they mostly carry 38's and 45's?

Just a thought...what caliber weapons do the Sheriff and his Deputies carry in Canadian? Someone fired a 25 caliber bullet into Thomas's car. For those who suspect local law enforcement of his murder, a 25 seems a bit low. Don't they mostly carry 38's and 45's?
Many also carry 9mm or 40sw. I have never known of any departments allowing one to carry a .25. It may be what someone chooses to have as an unapproved backup weapon.

.25 Caliber Handguns: Avoid at All Costs?
An interesting read on 25 calibers; they make it sound like the sort of thing a teen or female might carry. Just as I'd given up on it being a fellow student of Thomas's, now I feel like I need to reconsider. Still, you could be right; it could be the off duty back up choice for LE.

I am personally not a fan of the 25 as I have pretty big hands and they are difficult for me to shoot since most are very small guns with short grips. Definitely not something I would want to depend on for self defense, but it would definitely be lethal if placement was right.

Moms 4 Tom shared the following :

Now available on YouTube. Unfound podcast by Ed Dentzel. This story has been downloaded more than any story Unfound has produced.

If you have not listened to it, you need to. It is mind blowing.

Please continue to share and pray.
#bringthomashome

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0E5eQVbzQEw

This podcast brought some very much needed attention to Tom's case. Do yourself a favor and listen, its the most work I've seen put into his disappearance yet. Ed did his homework, for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong