CA CA - East Area Rapist/Golden State Killer *ARREST* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
TY ETC for updating us. Those are brave women and I am so glad the judge refused the motion to keep the hearing private. The public and the victims have an absolute right to witness all this IMO.

You’re welcome, Shires!

I’m thankful the judge is allowing several “pool” reporters in there to witness/report. This way, the court isn’t crammed full of reporters, it’s less disruptive to the proceedings while the public is still informed, and victims can take priority in the limited courtroom space.

The judge absolutely made the right decision, all the way around. I hope this is the model he uses throughout what’s bound to be a long and draw-out trial.

Golden State Killer suspect in 1974 Tulare Co. cold case

Looks like Tulare County is looking at him for the murder of 15-year old Jennifer Armour.
I couldn't copy/paste any of the article.
Tulare County cold case could be tied back to Golden State Killer
"Tulare County law enforcement officials have long considered the 1975 murder of Visalian Claude Snelling as the first killing in the Golden State Killer's statewide murder and rape spree.

Now a sherrif's department cold case investigator told the Times-Delta he and his partner are investigating whether Joseph DeAngelo, who was arrested in April in a series of rapes and murders that terrorized California communities in the 1970s and 1980s, abducted and killed a Visalia teenager even before Snelling — in 1974."

That homicide would mark the earliest suspected crime committed by DeAngelo."

"As soon as he was arrested and we learned he was a police officer in Exeter that was a red flag," Dempsie said.

The Visalia Ransacker also was in "close proximity" to the area Armour would have been walking that crisp fall night."

Golden State Killer suspect in 1974 Tulare Co. cold case

Looks like Tulare County is looking at him for the murder of 15-year old Jennifer Armour.
I couldn't copy/paste any of the article.

Yes it was mentioned a page or so back. I responded that her hands tied behind her back with her bra appeared to be a similarity. I have been following the case but there is no thread and little to go on up to now. Also, I am keeping my eye on the 1975 Donna Richmond case.

The first male Golden State Killer victim speaks out

‘Lot of shame, lot of anger’: For the first time since Golden State Killer’s arrest, a male victim gives rare interview

July 15, 2018

VH's story; "Investigators have told Hayes that he and his girlfriend were victims of the East Area Rapist’s 24th assault."

That's so sad. Victor Hayes should NOT blame himself for not finding GSK on his own. He sounds very frustrated to learn that GSK was still living in the area around him all these years.

:) Hugs to Victor, be well.

Buddy, don't blame yourself. Hundreds of investigators searched for him for decades and only recently nailed him. I hope Mr Hayes gets lots of love and support from his family, friends and the community. The scars of this monster's attacks have lingered far too long on his victims. Such an evil, diabolical man.

Last edited:
Ex-prosecutor urges Sacramento County D.A. to avoid joining Golden State Killer case with Orange County
July 19 2018
"Ex-prosecutor urges Sacramento County D.A. to avoid joining Golden State Killer case with Orange County"
"Sacramento County’s district attorney risks fumbling the prosecution of the suspected Golden State Killer if she lets the case become consolidated with other homicides in Orange County, a former prosecutor in the Orange County office said in a letter this week.

Mike Jacobs, in a letter to Sacramento County Dist. Atty. Anne Marie Schubert this week, said Orange County Dist. Atty. Tony Rackauckas would put her cases “in jeopardy either by being reversed on appeal or subjected to sanctions as a result of prosecutorial misconduct.”"

'Golden State Killer: Main Suspect' Two-Hour Special Premieres August 4 on Oxygen
"Oxygen Media, the destination for high-quality crime programming, will examine one of the most infamous criminal killing sprees in US history with the two-hour special, “Golden State Killer: Main Suspect,” premiering on Saturday, August 4 at 7pm ET/PT. Hosted by NBC News investigative journalist Stephanie Gosk, this brand new two-hour special will offer an intimate look into the life of Joe DeAngelo, the suspect in custody, through new and exclusive interviews from those who were closest to him and offering a gripping depiction of the prime suspect in a decades-long manhunt. To his family, friends, and former colleagues, DeAngelo lived the life of the classic “average Joe” - a father, grandfather, veteran, and even former police officer. DeAngelo now stands accused of being the man behind one of the most ruthlessly enduring crime sprees of all time and is believed to have raped more than 45 women and murdered at least 12 people"

'Golden State Killer: Main Suspect' Two-Hour Special Premieres August 4 on Oxygen
"Oxygen Media, the destination for high-quality crime programming, will examine one of the most infamous criminal killing sprees in US history with the two-hour special, “Golden State Killer: Main Suspect,” premiering on Saturday, August 4 at 7pm ET/PT. Hosted by NBC News investigative journalist Stephanie Gosk, this brand new two-hour special will offer an intimate look into the life of Joe DeAngelo, the suspect in custody, through new and exclusive interviews from those who were closest to him and offering a gripping depiction of the prime suspect in a decades-long manhunt. To his family, friends, and former colleagues, DeAngelo lived the life of the classic “average Joe” - a father, grandfather, veteran, and even former police officer. DeAngelo now stands accused of being the man behind one of the most ruthlessly enduring crime sprees of all time and is believed to have raped more than 45 women and murdered at least 12 people"

I wonder if they know where he worked between 1979 - 1990 ? That would be of the most interest to me.

Does anyone remember/know which police agency originally was charged with the investigation of the rapes?
The first rapes were investigated by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department as the first rapes occurred outside the city limits. Then he struck in the actual city of Sacramento so the Sacramento Police Department got involved also. They formed a joint task force.

Timeline: List of Golden State Killer attacks

The first rapes were investigated by the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department as the first rapes occurred outside the city limits. Then he struck in the actual city of Sacramento so the Sacramento Police Department got involved also. They formed a joint task force.

Timeline: List of Golden State Killer attacks

Thanks for your response! I was trying to figure out which LE would have originally tested the DNA. THANKS AGAIN.

Thanks for your response! I was trying to figure out which LE would have originally tested the DNA. THANKS AGAIN.
My understanding is that Orange County originally tested the DNA from their murders. Thereafter Contra Costa had their DNA tested to see if it matched Orange County’s DNA. It matched. Contra Costa was the only jurisdiction that kept their rape kits which is how they figured out that ONS and EAR was the same perp.

My understanding is that Orange County originally tested the DNA from their murders. Thereafter Contra Costa had their DNA tested to see if it matched Orange County’s DNA. It matched. Contra Costa was the only jurisdiction that kept their rape kits which is how they figured out that ONS and EAR was the same perp.

And how did they then tie the Visalia crimes in? Were there any rapes in the Visalia crimes? I know there was the attempted kidnapping and murder of the Schnellings but were their rapes too prior to that or just peeping?

37 years ago this week, the Golden State Killer murdered Cheri Domingo & Greg Sanchez in Goleta, CA. This Saturday 7/28, in episode 5 of The Murder in My Family, I discuss the case & interview Cheri's Daughter, Debbi Domingo The Murder In My Family

Attachments

• Cheri_Domingo_and_Gregory_Sanchez.jpg
    Cheri_Domingo_and_Gregory_Sanchez.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 5
Folks up thread were concerned about insurance companies getting information on genealogy and diseases. A company has just bought portion, a large portion, of 23andMe so they have information for creating medicines from diseases they see in the DNA.

23andMe Is Sharing Its 5 Million Clients' Genetic Data with Drug Giant GlaxoSmithKline
Ancestry has long been owned by medical research companies. That's pretty much the point of offering cheap tests--to get all the data.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa