Deceased/Not Found NC - Christopher 'Cole' Thomas, 22, Benson, 25 Nov 2016 *Arrests*

Quoting myself to add that it was around Oct 12, 2017 that PI David Marshburn posted a series of updates on this case that were shared on the Find Cole Thomas facebook. I couldn't remember when these were posted before. I thought we had more discussion of DM's posts in this thread but I'm not seeing much discussion now, some posts may have been removed due to TOS. For those who are new to Cole's case I recommend going back to October and finding Marshburn's posts about the investigation on the Find Cole fb. The posts are very long and rambling, but also very informative. Not sure how much we are allowed to discuss or if we can link to Marshburn's fb where he posted the posts originally. I will flag this post to ask if we can link directly to Marshburn's fb posts as that would be easier.

Feel free to post links to Mr. Marshburn's Facebook posts. Not the comments but his posts. As long as you are sure this is his actual Facebook.

Thanks,
Tricia

Feel free to post links to Mr. Marshburn's Facebook posts. Not the comments but his posts. As long as you are sure this is his actual Facebook.

Thanks,
Tricia

Thanks Tricia! The posts made by Marshburn about Cole's case were shared on the Find Cole Thomas Facebook run by his family (who hired Marshburn), so they were definitely made by the PI.

PI David Marshburn's Posts on the Cole Thomas Investigation:

Part I: David Marshburn
Part II: David Marshburn
Part III: David Marshburn
Part IV: David Marshburn
Part V: David Marshburn
Part VI: David Marshburn
Part VII: David Marshburn
Part VIII: David Marshburn

Part IX (sort of): David Marshburn

You will also need this Key for understanding Marshburn's abbreviations:

BPD: Benson Police Department
SBI: State Bureau of Investigation
DA: District Attorney, Susan Doyle
KE: Chief of Benson PD, Kenneth Edwards
WDC: SBI Agent Del Carmen
GP: Captain Greg Percy, BPD
Agent CB: David’s associate
JV: Julian Valles, JC: Jeremy Carpenter, RD: Rudy, Rudolph Deleon, TJ/AJ: Ant, Anthony James ……guys in jail for disappearance and alleged murder of Cole.
M-P: Rudy DeLeon’s wife
“G”: M-P’s brother, Rudy’s Brother in Law
Different MP: Translator
L-E: brother to “G”

Last edited:
Ok, I think I found all of Marshburn's Cole Thomas investigation update posts. My browser hates facebook and keeps crashing so I'm stopping now. DM promised a part IX at the end of VIII but I don't see the actual IX, just a post where he says "This is not part IX but it's an update" (My paraphrase). That's why I put (sort of) after the Part IX. If anyone can find a real part IX or more parts, post it please. Hopefully I'm making sense, lol. Next I will try to find the FB live video's DM made on Cole's Case (first I need to run a virus check of my system though). I haven't watched the FB live videos. DM also mentioned he made some YouTube videos, I believe because FB was censoring him.

Ok, I think I found all of Marshburn's Cole Thomas investigation update posts. My browser hates facebook and keeps crashing so I'm stopping now. DM promised a part IX at the end of VIII but I don't see the actual IX, just a post where he says "This is not part IX but it's an update" (My paraphrase). That's why I put (sort of) after the Part IX. If anyone can find a real part IX or more parts, post it please. Hopefully I'm making sense, lol. Next I will try to find the FB live video's DM made on Cole's Case (first I need to run a virus check of my system though). I haven't watched the FB live videos. DM also mentioned he made some YouTube videos, I believe because FB was censoring him.

You're awesome! Thx for finding those.(I was having trouble trying to bring them here, maybe because I'm an anti-Facebook dinosaur.)

PI David Marshburn's Posts on the Cole Thomas Investigation:

Part I: David Marshburn
Part II: David Marshburn
Part III: David Marshburn
Part IV: David Marshburn
Part V: David Marshburn
Part VI: David Marshburn
Part VII: David Marshburn
Part VIII: David Marshburn

Part IX (sort of): David Marshburn

You will also need this Key for understanding Marshburn's abbreviations:

BPD: Benson Police Department
SBI: State Bureau of Investigation
DA: District Attorney, Susan Doyle
KE: Chief of Benson PD, Kenneth Edwards
WDC: SBI Agent Del Carmen
GP: Captain Greg Percy, BPD
Agent CB: David’s associate
JV: Julian Valles, JC: Jeremy Carpenter, RD: Rudy, Rudolph Deleon, TJ/AJ: Ant, Anthony James ……guys in jail for disappearance and alleged murder of Cole.
M-P: Rudy DeLeon’s wife
“G”: M-P’s brother, Rudy’s Brother in Law
Different MP: Translator
L-E: brother to “G”

Ok, I forgot one.
Before all the above posts Marshburn made this post: Find Cole Thomas

The above post explains why he was making all these posts spilling the investigative details.

All of the above posts were shared by Cole's family on the Find Cole Thomas FB: Find Cole Thomas

Last edited:
Did I miss a court date for any of these 3?? Thought I saw one earlier.... :rolleyes:

edited to add - anyone know what county this is in? TIA!

Did I miss a court date for any of these 3?? Thought I saw one earlier.... :rolleyes:

edited to add - anyone know what county this is in? TIA!

Johnston County, North Carolina.

I don't know if we missed a court date. Last MSM update I can find is that all the suspects made bail in March 2018.

Anyway to search court records to see when they are supposed show up again?

TIA!

I have to say THANKS! again to ya! Unfortunately, I can't get into that link! Gaah! Marking my folder correctly!

In my notes I have Jeremy Brian Carpenter still in jail? I don't think he made his $75K bond?? No?

here's what I have with the update in red:

*Arrested – NC - Christopher “Cole” Thomas (22) (Nov. 25, 2016) – *Julian Valles, Jr. (34) arrested & indicted (7/17/17) with felony concealment of a death & 3 counts of felony obstruction of justice. $750K secured bond, reduced (1/25/18) to $50K, released (3/6/18) on bond.
*Anthony Ridell James, Jr. (26) arrested & indicted (7/17/17) with felon concealment of a death & 1 count of felony obstruction of justice. $350K secured bond reduced to $200K & reduced (1/25/18) to $30K & reduced (3/6/18) to $3K, released (3/6/18) on bond.
*Rudolfo DeLeon, Jr. (27) arrested & indicted (7/17/17) with felony concealment of a death. $1M bond, reduced (1/25/18) to $40K, released (3/6/18) on bond. *Jeremy Brian Carpenter (42) arrested (7/18/17) in Minnesota, extradited to NC on 7/23/17. Charged with concealing a death, failure to report a death & 4 counts of felony obstruction of justice. $500K secured bond, reduced (3/6/18) to $75K.
7/21/18 Update: All have hearing on August 6th.

71x32px-LL-379b7722_frustrated.gif
so sick of these new EU rules.... sorry to ask, but could you give me a 10% synopsis on this article you just posted. So frustrating!! And any dates of release would be nice! :)

71x32px-LL-379b7722_frustrated.gif
so sick of these new EU rules.... sorry to ask, but could you give me a 10% synopsis on this article you just posted. So frustrating!! And any dates of release would be nice! :)
Aw man, I’m sorry!

I don’t see any exact dates, but the article is dated March 13, 2018.

“All four suspects arrested last year in Cole Thomas’ disappearance have now been released on bond.

Jeremy Brian Carpenter and Anthony Ridell James Jr. are no longer booked in the Johnston County, N.C., jail, having been released on bond following a hearing last week.

Rudolfo DeLeon Jr. and Julian Valles Jr. were already released on bond in January.

Both men had their bonds reduced in an administrative hearing last week.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back