GUILTY CO - Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, 34, found deceased, Longmont, 18 March 2018 *ARREST*

Unfortunately I ran out of time on the above post but really wanted to clarify and add to the last sentence, meaning sources seemed to know as far back as April that he was in custody, caught at the border and being held on unrelated charges as a POI and but it is only now that all this is being released (none of that was posted here, of course, the only comment was back in April that rumor was there has been a possible development and hopefully there will be some msm soon. The websleuthers were great here about not posting information here which could in any way compromise the integrity of the investigation. FTR locals there seem to have been communicating and commenting about JF from the beginning, see various comments under different msm articles, SM, etc. I am glad that Rita’s thread here never had to deal with social media rumors being posted, etc, and that we now have a lot to work with based on the official information that LE has given us today, that they WANT us to know. What they think we NEED to know. For reference and for the record as far as far as case comparisons, in this case, it seems SM rumors were true (it can definitely go both ways, right?!)

I assume the delay in the latest information being released was perhaps they were waiting for forensic test results back from CBI, as well as hoping others might talk, waiting for cell records etc etc all that usual crap to come back. Noting for reference in future cases the approx timeline on this in this case was minimum 3 months, as far as LE going public, perhaps completing testing and making a decision to release more information to the public as far as potential search locations, etc, which I suspect may have been identified via pings maybe?

Note for tomorrow is to identify all data pants as related to thos case:

1. Last seen
2. Suspect’s Residences(s)
3. Locations searched by LE (per msm)
A) “golden ponds”
B). “Foothills”
4. Locations searched by brother (Weld 7...)
5. Locations alerted per LE in today’s various msm:
A)Rabbit Mountain
B) Rollins Pass
C)Jamestown
—-triangulate
D)other(s)
-about to run out of editing time again, gah.

LE sounds very convinced moo she is in cO and not out of state or near Mexico. This was my big worry. Note to look again at quotes re: this.

What about Wyoming I wonder? Moo. Not mentioned by LE though...

Awareness space? Jobs?

Romantic partner? Roommate?

Last edited:
Thanks @margarita25 for bringing this case to my attention. LE are keeping tight lipped but hopefully it will pay off. I can’t believe the landlord of this guy!?!? Beating the victim to the door and not letting her leave and erasing security footage. Why is she doing this guy favors? Makes you wonder.

Yeah this requires a serious re-examination!

Was he still living there in March?

I soooooooo wanna be in CO to help you go search mags. I am glad there has been news, but definitely not the news that would have been hoped for.

Do we have a map going?
Hey Ana, I am sooo glad you are here.

I just started listing some initial data points above but ran out of time on the post, and with a bunch of typos it seems, “data pants”... If there is anyone here with mapping skills that might be able to help that would be great!

As far as me searching, I don’t know that I am able to physically cover certain terrains, as you know I’ve got some med stuff going on (puff puff pass hahaha) but I am definitely wanting to help however I can. Prior to today’s msm my goal was to at least for starters help isolate potential locations for suggestions for volunteer search teams, LE, etc, and also head up there to Longmont, etc to do some poking around when and if I feel up to it near the flat locations the brother was searching. Now it seems we could be looking at possibly mountainous terrain.

Not sure if posted, but in recent msm I saw her brother plans to search every weekend, iirc. There is also a volunteer search announced, meeting in Boulder iirc? Note to go back for quotes.

——

My heart goes out to this family, a mother, a brother, a sister, her three children, their dearly loved one likely raped, murdered and unrecovered, probably discarded like trash somewhere. , JF.

——

Interestingly enough, I suspect a disposal somewhat similar to Lucas’, moo.

Again, as in his case, needle in a haystack but even more here. There is sooo much open space, mountainous areas, trails, etc.

What is the mileage from Longmont to Rabbit Mountain, fr wxample. Looking it up. Woah appears to be in Longmont itself??

Ron Stewart Preserve at Rabbit Mountain

“Preserve at Rabbit Mountain

The easternmost point of the foothills in Boulder County, the Ron Stewart Preserve at Rabbit Mountain is rich with human history, geological features, and an abundance of plants and wildlife.”

—need to isolate via satellite every dirt trail...

——-

Rollins Pass:

“Rollins Pass
Archaeological Site
Rollins Pass, elevation 11,676.79 ft, is a mountain pass and active archaeological site in the Southern Rocky Mountains of north-central Colorado in the United States. The pass is located on and traverses the Continental Divide of the Americas at the crest of the Front Range southwest of Boulder and is located approximately five miles east and opposite the resort in Winter Park—in the general area between Winter Park and Rollinsville. Rollins Pass is at the boundaries of Boulder, Gilpin, and Grand counties. Over the past 10,000 years, the pass provided a route over the Continental Divide between the Atlantic Ocean watershed of South Boulder Creek with the Pacific Ocean watershed of the Fraser River, a tributary of the Colorado River.“

(Oh boy, not liking that)

Rollins Pass - Wikipedia

——

Jamestown:

“Jamestown is in central Boulder County at 40°6′56″N 105°23′15″W (40.115485, −105.387531).[9] It lies along James Creek within the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, with access via James Canyon Drive, which leads east 8 miles (13 km) to U.S. Highway 36 in Altona and west 6.5 miles (10.5 km) to State Highway 72 (the Peak to Peak Highway) near Peaceful Valley. Jamestown's elevation is 6,920 feet (2,110 m) above sea level.“

(Hmmmm iirc P2P was also mentioned upstream in msm)

——

Peak to Peak Hwy:

“Length: 55 miles. Driving time: 80 minutes.”

Peak To Peak —

—-(okay this sucks. I am very discouraged now after a curosry look and assessment of the newly released possbile locations/terrains. No wonder they’re appealing to what seems like hikers, etc.

:(

—-
What about somewhere like this? (Sigh)
Needle in a haystack. I’m sooo sorry, Rita...

Allenspark, Colorado - Wikipedia

Or Estes Park or Lyons?

I am not all that familiar with some of these areas. Locals please weigh in if you can.
—-
Same ol same ol it seems as far as brainstorming...Bridges? Culverts? Dirt roads? Creeks/ rivers? Open land?Woods?

—-maybe I’ll feel more optimistic tomorrow when I look at a map and attempt some triangulation.
—-positivity and optimism worked with our little boys in Thailand. I’d like to maintain that here and not get discouraged. But honestly I’m thinking right now this could be one of the toughest cases I’ve taken a look at as far as disposal goes, moo.

Last edited:
Ran out of time again on edit, I guess I’ve been here 5 hours now? Last post for the night...Does JF fish or anything like that? How mighty he specifically be familiar with any of these possible locations? Or did he just maybe randomly drive.

I really really hope Rita is found soon. I don’t think he will get away with this, but she needs to be found. Like every victim on these boards.

Mags, I'm no skib with a map, but, I could probably work something out with you. It seems as if there are miles upon miles that she could be, well, of course, she could be anywhere... this is such a tragic conclusion to the case. I'm worried that given the area, it could be very difficult to find Rita...

We need some more helping hands on this one, I don't want to see Rita fall down the pages.

Locals, where do we start? Where is the brother starting in Boulder?

Mags, I'm no skib with a map, but, I could probably work something out with you. It seems as if there are miles upon miles that she could be, well, of course, she could be anywhere... this is such a tragic conclusion to the case. I'm worried that given the area, it could be very difficult to find Rita...

We need some more helping hands on this one, I don't want to see Rita fall down the pages.

Locals, where do we start? Where is the brother starting in Boulder?
Thank you, Ana. Indeed. Miles upon miles.

Additionally some areas within these miles could be hard to access. Last night I was thinking, what if he threw her off the side of a cliff/ridge/canyon? She would be so far below and obscured below beneath the trees, not to imagine the abundance of wildlife...bears, mountain lions, coyotes...if such scattering was to occur I can only hope this could prove to be advantageous, as it has been in other cases. Unearthed and redistributed so to speak, Dylan...

In Amy Ahonen’s case, she was last seen in a canyon type area, but her remains later surfaced, scattered over 3 counties after the epic flooding we had here in 2013, I assume washed down. Same with Adrienne Salinas, found “in a wash” after heavy rains.

As I mentioned, I think this could be one of the most challenging recoveries/disposals I’ve ever seen due to the possible terrain. I can only start with the possible 18 to 22 mike distance I’ve seen in other cases, but will add I think it could be further out.

The other question is where is the secondary crime scene as far as where the SA/murder would have taken place. I think LE wants to know this as well.

Did he incapacitate/restrain her behind the club, put her in his vehicle, take her closer by for the assault and murder, then perhaps travel further out for the disposal? I was wondering this last night, in past cases, when the perp did not return to his house to commit the SA, or did not commit the SA at the last seen location, how far from the abduction point did some of them take the victims out, then how far from that point to the disposal site. I’ve seen shorter distances between point B and C. Of course these numbers would vary. Just thinking about this in comparison to something like Hailey Owens’ and Jessica Ridgeway’s cases, who were taken to the perp’s home. But if this was not the case here (we do not know that it wasn’t, but...).

Last edited:
With a body of water nearby, unless he did something to her to avoid having her float, she would have surfaced by now. I feel like if he has killed before, that he very likely could know about how to have her not float :(

I'm somewhat familiar with the area. Not a ton. I wonder how familiar he was. There is a lot of water and forest in the area.

Google Maps

Longmont police name suspect in Rita Gutierrez-Garcia disappearance; no charges filed

LONGMONT, Colo. – Police say a man arrested in connection with a brutal sex assault and strangulation case in Longmont is also a suspect in the March disappearance of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia.

- I wonder if this poor woman can help. Where did the assault take place? Did she get away? Did he let her go?

Well I learned a little bit more about the victim and I feel sick...

Longmont's Juan Jose Figueroa Jr. to stand trial in December for violent sexual assault

Juan Jose Figueroa Jr., 29, is charged with first-degree assault, sexual assault causing severe bodily injury, sexual assault by force, sexual assault --- threats, sexual assault of a victim incapable of providing consent, and sexual assault of a victim that is physically helpless.

-I'm sorry if I'm repeating things you already know. Maybe I should read the thread in its entirety ;)

Last edited:
Search plans for Rita Gutierrez-Garcia change after police announcement

“Omar Holguin, Gutierrez-Garcia's half-brother, is now asking volunteers to meet at Rabbit Mountain Open Space at 15140 N. 55th St. in Longmont at 7:30 a.m. Saturday.

Longmont police Deputy Chief Jeff Satur said Thursday that investigators believe Gutierrez-Garcia's body may be in the area of Rabbit Mountain, east of Rollins Pass or in the area of the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge.”

———-
Plan Your Visit - Rocky Mountain Arsenal - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

“Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge is one of the largest urban wildlife refuges in the nation with more than 15,000 acres of land. It’s a place where wildlife thrives and where visitors can reconnect with nature and experience the many wildlife-dependent opportunities the Refuge has to offer.”

https://www.fws.gov/uploadedFiles/trail wildlife drive map with text(1).pdf

Refuge Map - Rocky Mountain Arsenal - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service

Last edited:
“Holguin is planning another search at 7 a.m. Sunday at Pella Crossing off of North 75th Street in Longmont.“

Snip

“Sunday's search will be followed by a prayer vigil at 2 p.m. in Thompson Park at 420 Bross St. in Longmont.“

Search plans for Rita Gutierrez-Garcia change after police announcement

———

“Due to the evidence we have at this time, Rita’s disappearance is being investigated as a homicide,” Longmont Police Department Detective Cody Clark told Dateline in an email Friday.

Deputy Chief Satur said the department’s primary interest is getting Rita back to her family so they have the closure they deserve.

“There are hundreds of miles of isolated dirt roads in the surrounding area [from where Rita was last seen],” the press release said, referring to the 300 block of Main Street in Longmont. “If you have time when you are taking a hike or driving please check rural roadways and secluded areas. Pay attention to your surroundings.”“

Police offer reward for information leading to arrest of suspect in disappearance of Colorado mother

——-

“Figueroa has a lengthy criminal history -- including domestic violence, felony theft and animal cruelty. Most recently, he's accused of an attempted murder and sexual assault on a woman from last November.”

Suspect in missing mom investigation facing sexual assault charges in another case

Last edited:
One of the rumors in Longmont was that bodies were dissolved in drums...that was more related to the Mexican cartel, and it was a while ago. I think I'm going to join the search Saturday. I presume they have good reason to look in that particular area. The suspect seems a bit impulsive, and I could see him just finding a secluded spot for dumping rather than get complicated with things.

Hey Ana, I am sooo glad you are here.

I just started listing some initial data points above but ran out of time on the post, and with a bunch of typos it seems, “data pants”... If there is anyone here with mapping skills that might be able to help that would be great!

As far as me searching, I don’t know that I am able to physically cover certain terrains, as you know I’ve got some med stuff going on (puff puff pass hahaha) but I am definitely wanting to help however I can. Prior to today’s msm my goal was to at least for starters help isolate potential locations for suggestions for volunteer search teams, LE, etc, and also head up there to Longmont, etc to do some poking around when and if I feel up to it near the flat locations the brother was searching. Now it seems we could be looking at possibly mountainous terrain.

Not sure if posted, but in recent msm I saw her brother plans to search every weekend, iirc. There is also a volunteer search announced, meeting in Boulder iirc? Note to go back for quotes.

——

My heart goes out to this family, a mother, a brother, a sister, her three children, their dearly loved one likely raped, murdered and unrecovered, probably discarded like trash somewhere. , JF.

——

Interestingly enough, I suspect a disposal somewhat similar to Lucas’, moo.

Again, as in his case, needle in a haystack but even more here. There is sooo much open space, mountainous areas, trails, etc.

What is the mileage from Longmont to Rabbit Mountain, fr wxample. Looking it up. Woah appears to be in Longmont itself??

Ron Stewart Preserve at Rabbit Mountain

“Preserve at Rabbit Mountain

The easternmost point of the foothills in Boulder County, the Ron Stewart Preserve at Rabbit Mountain is rich with human history, geological features, and an abundance of plants and wildlife.”

—need to isolate via satellite every dirt trail...

——-

Rollins Pass:

“Rollins Pass
Archaeological Site
Rollins Pass, elevation 11,676.79 ft, is a mountain pass and active archaeological site in the Southern Rocky Mountains of north-central Colorado in the United States. The pass is located on and traverses the Continental Divide of the Americas at the crest of the Front Range southwest of Boulder and is located approximately five miles east and opposite the resort in Winter Park—in the general area between Winter Park and Rollinsville. Rollins Pass is at the boundaries of Boulder, Gilpin, and Grand counties. Over the past 10,000 years, the pass provided a route over the Continental Divide between the Atlantic Ocean watershed of South Boulder Creek with the Pacific Ocean watershed of the Fraser River, a tributary of the Colorado River.“

(Oh boy, not liking that)

Rollins Pass - Wikipedia

——

Jamestown:

“Jamestown is in central Boulder County at 40°6′56″N 105°23′15″W (40.115485, −105.387531).[9] It lies along James Creek within the Front Range of the Colorado Rockies, with access via James Canyon Drive, which leads east 8 miles (13 km) to U.S. Highway 36 in Altona and west 6.5 miles (10.5 km) to State Highway 72 (the Peak to Peak Highway) near Peaceful Valley. Jamestown's elevation is 6,920 feet (2,110 m) above sea level.“

(Hmmmm iirc P2P was also mentioned upstream in msm)

——

Peak to Peak Hwy:

“Length: 55 miles. Driving time: 80 minutes.”

Peak To Peak —

—-(okay this sucks. I am very discouraged now after a curosry look and assessment of the newly released possbile locations/terrains. No wonder they’re appealing to what seems like hikers, etc.

:(

—-
What about somewhere like this? (Sigh)
Needle in a haystack. I’m sooo sorry, Rita...

Allenspark, Colorado - Wikipedia

Or Estes Park or Lyons?

I am not all that familiar with some of these areas. Locals please weigh in if you can.
—-
Same ol same ol it seems as far as brainstorming...Bridges? Culverts? Dirt roads? Creeks/ rivers? Open land?Woods?

—-maybe I’ll feel more optimistic tomorrow when I look at a map and attempt some triangulation.
—-positivity and optimism worked with our little boys in Thailand. I’d like to maintain that here and not get discouraged. But honestly I’m thinking right now this could be one of the toughest cases I’ve taken a look at as far as disposal goes, moo.
Which areas aren't you familiar with? I can probably fill in some blanks about certain areas/terrain.

“There are hundreds of miles of isolated dirt roads in the surrounding area [from where Rita was last seen],” the press release said, referring to the 300 block of Main Street in Longmont.

For the non-locals, yes outside Longmont has a lot of rural areas, and you could be into the "foothills" (the start of the mountains) quickly, but this quote from LE has me envisioning the area where she went missing as right on the edge of something rural. I wouldn't call it that. You are still definitely in a reasonably sized city. Not sure this matters, but for out of towners to visualize.

I know the area out towards Ft. Lupton has some serious ditches and culverts. My best guess is if he was doing this solo (we aren't sure of that) he wouldn't really be able to haul her extremely far on his own. Hwy 52 towards the isolated roads in that area would be an option. It's dark as heck driving that way, and very little traffic late at night...I used to live off of one of the suggested locations, and it's a small town.

I know the area out towards Ft. Lupton has some serious ditches and culverts. My best guess is if he was doing this solo (we aren't sure of that) he wouldn't really be able to haul her extremely far on his own. Hwy 52 towards the isolated roads in that area would be an option. It's dark as heck driving that way, and very little traffic late at night...I used to live off of one of the suggested locations, and it's a small town.

I loooove this post. I know 52 well. Honestly this is the kind of stuff I was feeling prior the new msm. But now that we know LE has given us an area opposite..which was would be more logical for the perp, disposal wise, considering the terrain, but maybe awareness space wise...however did his mind go to the farmlands or to the mountains. LE seems to think mountains...north east right? I’ll go with LE says. They obviously have a reason to suspect there, again, maybe pings, moo.

Where are the towers. Can we triangulate, etc the locations.

Wait a month te. Terrilyn Monette Flashback,!the. COps said she made a left (pr whatever it was) on, what was it, Franklin, turned out to be wrong about...TIm Miller said “off an inch you might as well be off a mile.”

Last edited:
Gah I’m so so sorry I ran out of editing time. Please excuse the typos above/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital