GUILTY NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #10 *Arrest*

Just-obtained secret search warrants: What cops find in 3-year-old Mariah Woods’ murder case [BREAKING] Crime Online

Just-obtained secret search warrants: What cops find in 3-year-old Mariah Woods’ murder case [BREAKING]

According to search warrants obtained by CrimeOnline, numerous items were found in the home of Kimrey, who lived with Mariah’s mother, Kristy Hunter, and her three children. The search warrant indicated the following items were seized from 2405 Dawson Cabin Road, Lot 7, in Jacksonville, where little Mariah, just three years old, disappeared from in late November 2017

• Leg braces (Mariah was diagnosed with muscular dystrophy)
    • Child’s pink pajamas
    • Child’s pink blanket
    • Fitted pink sheet
    • Blue and pink pillow
    • Blue coat
    • White pipe with a nozzle attached
    • Homemade “pocket vagina” sexual device in backyard
    • Homemade “pocket vagina” sexual device in the home
    • Grey floor mat from a van (located in trash can outside)

Last edited:
Of course they are still investigating. That does not mean that I will stop being irritated that the mother is not behind bars, or give my opinion about the events that took place that night. JMO

Oh I'm sorry if you took my post the wrong way! I never meant to say stop with the opinions! I love your posts lonetraveler! I just didn't want anyone really worrying (bad for your health!) that the LE aren't keeping this investigating going, and hopefully SOON she will be arrested. I hope I explained myself a bit better!

So - no "new" court dates coming up? Wonder why they are not showing up??
I still have him in my April folder....
bored-smiley.gif

The cause of death was deferred for additional studies, according to the report, and Mariah’s blood came back positive for caffeine and a “significantly elevated chloroform level.” The level noted in Mariah’s toxicity report is 34mg/L

In the body, chloroform affects the brain, liver, and kidneys and breathing it in causes fatigue, dizziness, and a headache, according to the registry.

On Feb. 13, an Onslow County Grand Jury handed down true bills of indictment against Kimrey, 20 days after the live-in boyfriend of Mariah’s mother, Kristy Kay Woods, was charged with first-degree murder and felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury.

Kimrey has a lengthy rap sheet, and had been charged with a crime over 20 times before his arrest for Mariah's murder. At the time of his arrest, Police said that Mariah's mother 'has been cooperative with the investigation and continues to cooperate with the detectives as the investigation continues.'

District Attorney Ernie Lee announced previously he plans to seek the death penalty in Woods’ death. Lee said Kimrey does not have an upcoming court date scheduled for these charges.
UPDATE: OCSO: 'No surprises' in Mariah Woods' autopsy

I didn't read all of The autopsy report, I just couldn't, she was 3 years old and was the responsibility of her mother. Her mother didn't give her the due care and attention she needed for God's sake, how could she let this happen.

She knew what was going on and she's let it happen. My heart is broken for her brothers and her dad, and for the family members who loved the little soul.
We may indeed see some charges put to her before it's all over -- negligence, at least. I hope when or before the trial, let's hope, that the boys are put somewhere safe until they grow up. Temporary custody, if any is ordered, almost always goes to relatives if any good candidates are to be found. It would be very positive for them if they could go to bed each night without nightmares or fears for the next day.

All we can do now is hope for justice for those who participated in this horror, and hope for the boys to be safe, have good & thorough counseling, and to live good, un-haunted lives as good men, husbands, fathers, and citizens. They, IMO, need a lot of time to work through what they have seen and endured.

My concern is although LE are trying their best to get it right, EK attorney is going to use KW to introduce doubt to a jury on who exactly did what. what a tragedy!
That is one of my main concerns that both of them aren't being charged. If it is just her word that he administered the lethal dose to Mariah and then at the same time change her story that she slept through everything, her testimony will most likely put reasonable doubt in the jury's minds. I know it would with me.

Here u go Niner:

Aldophus Lee Kimrey II, 32, is scheduled to begin trial next September - but it may take several weeks before a verdict is reached.

A projected trial date has been set for the man charged in the death of 3-year-old Mariah Woods.

Adolphus Earl Kimrey II, 32, is scheduled for trial in September 2019, District Attorney Ernie Lee told The Daily News Thursday. An autopsy report from the N.C. State Medical Examiner’s office released Wednesday revealed Mariah’s cause of death as chloroform toxicity.

Kimrey was indicted before a grand jury Feb. 13 after being charged with first-degree murder Dec. 2, according to previous Daily News reports.

Mariah Woods homicide trial set for next fall

Coming off the heart breaking investigation of alleged murder of another beloved child, Lucas Hernandez, I was taken back by Kansas State application of "double jeopardy." And then I learned that a Kansas house bill was passed in 2014-- extending the state’s “speedy trial” mandate (from 90 days) to 150 days for criminal defendants.

Reading here that Kimrey is scheduled for trial in September 2019, I'm really worried about prolonging justice for Mariah because North Carolina’s actually lacks a speedy trial statute (it was repealed in 1989). Of course, North Carolina defendants have constitutional speedy trial rights under the Sixth and Fourteenth Amendments. But those rights generally don’t “kick in” until a year has passed. Why are so many states delaying justice --especially for these children? I just don't get it!!

Interestingly, before it was repealed, North Carolina used to have a speedy trial statute which “required that the defendant be tried within 120 days of the date the defendant was arrested, served with criminal process, waived indictment or was indicted, whichever occurred last, unless that time was extended by certain specified events.” State v. Willis, 332 N.C. 151, 162 (1992). I still can't find a reason for the repeal, and fear the Mother (Kristy Woods) will use this lack of statute to her advantage. I can see a similar outcome to Lucas Hernandez where charges are delayed, and the Mother commits suicide rather than be accountable for failing her daughter. We just have to do better by these kids, period....

https://www.ncleg.net/EnactedLegislation/SessionLaws/PDF/1989-1990/SL1989-688.pdf

We haven't seen many (any?) trials of this nature take less than 18+ months to occur. Investigation, interrogation, more investigation, interviews, LE's responsibilities for documentation and obtaining evidence, lab tests, discovery prep/review, scheduling of principals, courtrooms, expert withnesses, etc., etc., have everything to do with when a trial can be scheduled. Either side can ask for continuances, etc., so in all states we see lengthy delays from indictment date and actual trial. It's always so frustrating to us here, not to mention families, etc. So we must wait and wait and wait. We are in that long period now, waiting for trial. At least the suspect is cooling his heels in a county jail.

Just-obtained secret search warrants: What cops find in 3-year-old Mariah Woods’ murder case [BREAKING] Crime Online

Just-obtained secret search warrants: What cops find in 3-year-old Mariah Woods’ murder case [BREAKING]

According to search warrants obtained by CrimeOnline, numerous items were found in the home of Kimrey, who lived with Mariah’s mother, Kristy Hunter, and her three children. The search warrant indicated the following items were seized from 2405 Dawson Cabin Road, Lot 7, in Jacksonville, where little Mariah, just three years old, disappeared from in late November 2017

• Child’s pink pajamas
    • Child’s pink blanket
    • Fitted pink sheet
    • Blue and pink pillow
    • Blue coat
What the H.

That is one of my main concerns that both of them aren't being charged. If it is just her word that he administered the lethal dose to Mariah and then at the same time change her story that she slept through everything, her testimony will most likely put reasonable doubt in the jury's minds. I know it would with me.

I’m concerned about this too.

• Child’s pink pajamas
    • Child’s pink blanket
    • Fitted pink sheet
    • Blue and pink pillow
    • Blue coat
I'm not sure what the breaking news is. That info was released last February. Maybe the reporter means that they are publishing the actual docs online? IIRC msm back in February just reported what they read and didn't post the court docs.
UPDATE: Search warrants reveal 85 items taken in toddler homicide case
Earl Kimrey enters not guilty pleas in death of Mariah Woods

For those who missed it Kimrey's 911 call can be heard here (if you can stand it):
9-11 call released of Earl Kimrey reporting Mariah Woods missing

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993