Girls on scooters approached by women in car in Toronto

dotr

Reaction score
Small girls on scooters approached by women in car in Thornhill

image.jpg

"The vehicle stopped and a female inside started to speak to the girls, police said.

A female then got out of the car and ran toward the girls. The girls turned the other direction and attempted to flee, but one of them fell off of their scooter onto the ground.

The female from the car then back off and returned to the sedan, which sped off.

The suspects in the vehicle are described as black females between 18 and 22 years old. They were driving a white four-door sedan."

image.jpg

"The vehicle stopped and a female inside started to speak to the girls, police said.

A female then got out of the car and ran toward the girls. The girls turned the other direction and attempted to flee, but one of them fell off of their scooter onto the ground.

The female from the car then back off and returned to the sedan, which sped off.

The suspects in the vehicle are described as black females between 18 and 22 years old. They were driving a white four-door sedan."

WTH.

My mind can't think of a good place to go with this. It jumps right over to kidnapping for sexual trafficking.

Slightly more info.
Video released after suspicious car approaches girls in Vaughan
"The girls were riding their scooters on the sidewalk on Atkinson Avenue, south of Centre Street, when a white sedan stopped on the road beside them.

"Women in the car tried to talk to the girls and one of them got out of the back seat and ran toward the girls."
(.......spoke English without an accent".

From the security video it looks like they turn and try to scoot off almost immediately after the woman spoke to them, before the other woman runs at them. I wonder why, and what she said that scared them.

Also weird she stopped after one fell over... got cold feet?

Maybe she thought she knew the girls? I wonder what she said to them.

The way the woman immediately stops and goes back to the vehicle when one girl falls is suspicious. A kind person - stranger or not - would likely make sure the girl is okay, look around for a parent, etc. Instead, it looks like the woman was scared off by the child perhaps crying out after falling, like the woman didn't want to be seen by anyone responding to a cry.
Suspicious!

jmo

The article says the women in the car were between 18-22yrs old. Does anyone else see this as a possible stupid prank, by a couple of dumb teenagers, to scare a couple of young girls while out mindlessly driving around? For "amusement"?

MOO

IDK. Best case scenario is prank, worst is abduction. Reminds me of the case here in the UK where two teenage girls kidnapped a kid in the city centre. Deeply unsettling, especially as a parent of kids who love to scoot.

The article says the women in the car were between 18-22yrs old. Does anyone else see this as a possible stupid prank, by a couple of dumb teenagers, to scare a couple of young girls while out mindlessly driving around? For "amusement"?

MOO
Possible they were playing a prank, like the teens or young men in a car the other day who made noises to get my attention, then "shot" me with water guns/ pistols.
Now it was hot and normally i would be very amused, but these days nothing like that is funny anymore.
Also possible, the women wanted to steal the scooters or phones if the little girls happened to have one with them.
Sadly, HT comes to mind of course..
imo, speculation.

This is a nightmare imo - no one gets out of a vehicle stopped (while running) at the side of the road unless they intend to do something. That something is spooky here.

Reminds me of the Rafferty/McClintic duo. Good luck to LE in tracking the owner of that vehicle - the plate looks difficult to read (from the video) at that angle.

Thread title sounds like a motif for a 1985 Duran Duran video, with the boys appearing as cops to set things right. #simon

Possible they were playing a prank, like the teens or young men in a car the other day who made noises to get my attention, then "shot" me with water guns/ pistols.
Now it was hot and normally i would be very amused, but these days nothing like that is funny anymore.
Also possible, the women wanted to steal the scooters or phones if the little girls happened to have one with them.
Sadly, HT comes to mind of course..
imo, speculation.
Do we know how old the little girls are? I was thinking about the possibility of them getting robbed of their phones.

Do we know how old the little girls are? I was thinking about the possibility of them getting robbed of their phones.
I’ve been thinking along the line of non-custodial parent or something more nefarious. The second part has been mentioned, but I’m not ready to go there yet.

All the news links seem to refer to them as little girls, no ages given. It happened at 6 pm so assuming the girls were not very, very young, imo.

MOO

Possibly.

Not a "good prank" either, suppose one of the girls got injured after falling off the scooter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back