GUILTY CA - Anthony Avalos, 10, possibly died after abuse by mother, Lancaster, 20 June 2018 *arrests*

Anthony's case made the NBC evening news -- Lester Holt (my favorite newsman) reported that there had been several calls/complaints to the authorities about Anthony, but to no avail.
Thanks, Lester, for bringing this case to the nation. Will it help some other child even thought it is too late for Anthony? Let's hope so. At least it may bring heat on DCFS in that area.
Lester is my all my all time fave newsperson.

"Also on Friday, an attorney representing the boy's family demanded answers from the child welfare department, including whether reports of abuse were properly followed up by caseworkers.
Attorney Brian Claypool said that if caseworkers broke the law, they should be criminally charged. He said he may file a civil rights suit.
"This young boy should have been rescued from this household," Claypool said."

Mother charged with murder, torture in death of 10-year-old son

It's become abundantly clear that so called child protective services,(or whatever fancy name they go by) only wants to remove children from abusive homes in body bags. It's disgusting this is happening from coast to coast.
It's no big shocker that mother dearest doesn't want to talk.

this is actually THE EXACT SAME DIVISION that dealt with Gabriel Fernandez :*(

When will our future leaders become important? When will our children be a priority? When will ALL DCFS and CPS throughout ALL states be overhauled and fixed? Honestly, I don't think they will be. Our officials must feel like these victims were disposable, and worthless, because you can sure bet if it was THEIR child, or THEIR family, changes would happen. But for as long as I've been a member here, and probably before that, children have been abused, murdered and had reports into DCFS or CPS, or had an open case at the time of their death. Yet, there's been nothing to stop it. At least a decade of abuse, under the "protection" of DCFS and CPS, and yet, nothing changes. Another deceased child, oh well, another was probably born to replace it. I swear that must be their thinking.

I sure wish I had cloat, or the health and knowledge to write up the changes, and march my butt to Washington DC and demand I be heard, and these voiceless children be heard. Obviously I'm not smart enough to even know how to enact the changes, to know all the weak links in the current system that need to be replaced, but daggone it, someone in power does know!

MAKE OUR CHILDREN A PRIORITY!!!!!

this is actually THE EXACT SAME DIVISION that dealt with Gabriel Fernandez :*(
I feel like the same group of us just wanders from thread to thread of children killed by those who should
Love and protect them, saying the same things over and over and hoping THIS time, THIS TIME, something will change with the way we handle child abuse in this country. I love you all and I hate that we keep having these conversations. So many beautiful children.

Gabriel Fernandez all over again SMDH

"At one point, Anthony could not walk, was unconscious lying on his bedroom floor for hours, was not provided medical attention, and could not eat on his own"

More graphic details quoted in this court doc:

Court Docs Detail Horrifying Alleged Abuse of Anthony Avalos

snipped by me

That little bit the article shows was tough read. I feel for the detectives, prosecutors, etc. that have to investigate this case.
Horrific what they have to deal with.
Just from the snippet of court doc. they showed in the article I think this one is going to be even worse than Gabriel's and who thought that could be possible.
It never ends.....

This article is terrible to read. How can people dream up this sort of torture, or even think of doing all that to a small human being? Hope they serve the maximum sentences..shouldn't there be a death penalty for such beyond atrocious treatment of a child, and including all of the children in this family. I want to vomit after reading the link, and it makes me so angry, those HATEFUL excuses for "parents" don't deserve the air they breathe.

Gabriel Fernandez all over again SMDH

"At one point, Anthony could not walk, was unconscious lying on his bedroom floor for hours, was not provided medical attention, and could not eat on his own"

More graphic details quoted in this court doc:

Court Docs Detail Horrifying Alleged Abuse of Anthony Avalos

another recent article:

https://mynewsla.com/crime/2018/07/...n-kid-family-demands-probe-of-social-workers/

Arraignment hearing for both is on August 3rd.

adding sweet little Anthony to my list....

rose-smiley.gif
Justice IS coming Anthony!

Mourners wear superhero shirts and capes to the funeral of 10-year-old boy who was 'beaten to death by his mother and her boyfriend'
4E759B5200000578-5977575-image-a-2_1532182683573.jpg

• People wore Batman and Superman t-shirts and capes to the funeral of Anthony Avalos, 10, in Lancaster, California on Friday
  • Anthony's love for protectors like Batman and Superman is what prompted the theme at his funeral service, at his extended family's request
  • Anthony died on June 21 after prosecutors say he had been tortured by his mom, Heather Barron, 28, and her boyfriend Kareem Leiva, 32, for at least five days
  • Both Barron and Leiva have been charged and arraignments continue in the case
  • Brandon Nichols, deputy director of the LA County DCFS said that Anthony had 'said he liked boys' within the weeks leading up to his death
  • LA County Sheriff’s Capt . Chris Bergner said, 'That has not come up in our investigation as motivation at this time' at a news conference on June 27
  • Sheriff McDonnell added that it was 'too early' to discuss motive at this point
More than 150 attended his funeral, held in Lancaster, California on Friday.
His family's intent was to honor the courage of Anthony Avalos, who died on June 21, after prosecutors said he had been tortured by Heather Barron, 28, and Kareem Leiva, 32, for at least five days and found unconscious in his home on June 20.

4E759B5900000578-5977575-image-a-4_1532183074958.jpg

Anthony's love for protectors is what prompted the super hero theme at his funeral service

4E759B6000000578-5977575-image-a-8_1532183511420.jpg

At school, Anthony was known for being the only student to befriend a classmate who was being bullied, protecting him after he was surrounded by pushing the others away

At home, he had six siblings, and was said to have often stepped in to protect them from beatings, taking the brunt of his mother's and her boyfriend's alleged abuse, himself.

Mourners at emotional funeral wear super hero shirts and capes to honor brave boy, 10, who was be... | Daily Mail Online

I stand with Anthony.. God Speed little one...

Last edited:
Arraignments Continued for Mother, Her Boyfriend Charged With Murder and Torture of Lancaster Boy

lancaster.jpg

Kareem Ernesto Leiva, 32 (Boyfriend)
suspect-1-final.jpg

Heather Maxine Barron, 28 (Mother)

Anthony Avalos, 10 was found unresponsive after his mother called 911 and stated he had suffered a fall in their apartment in the 1100 block of East Avenue K on June 20. He died the next morning.

Barron and Leiva are accused of torturing the boy in the days before he died, including causing
severe head injuries and cigarette burns covering his body.

Barron has been charged with one count each of murder, torture and child abuse, according to the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office. Leiva was also charged with murder, torture and one count of assault on a child causing death, and each defendant is being held on $2 million bail.

If convicted as charged, Barron could receive a sentence of 22 years to life in prison, while Leiva faces a possible maximum sentence of 32 years to life.

Their arraignments were continued until Aug. 3.

Arraignments Continued for Mother, Her Boyfriend Charged With Murder and Torture of Lancaster Boy

lancaster.jpg

Kareem Ernesto Leiva, 32 (Boyfriend)
suspect-1-final.jpg

Heather Maxine Barron, 28 (Mother)

Anthony Avalos, 10 was found unresponsive after his mother called 911 and stated he had suffered a fall in their apartment in the 1100 block of East Avenue K on June 20. He died the next morning.

Barron and Leiva are accused of torturing the boy in the days before he died, including causing
severe head injuries and cigarette burns covering his body.

Barron has been charged with one count each of murder, torture and child abuse, according to the L.A. County District Attorney’s Office. Leiva was also charged with murder, torture and one count of assault on a child causing death, and each defendant is being held on $2 million bail.

If convicted as charged, Barron could receive a sentence of 22 years to life in prison, while Leiva faces a possible maximum sentence of 32 years to life.

Their arraignments were continued until Aug. 3.

Would anyone know why she is charged with murder, torture, and child abuse while he is charged with murder, torture, and assault on a child causing death?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back