Mexico Mexico - Jenny Chen, 26, Oaxaca, 11 April 2016 #4

I just perused the Media/Timeline/SM thread, and it seems clear that JR and the Chinese were not communicating, as we already know. But what’s astounding to me is that LE apparently did not inform the Chinese about JR’s discovery of the notebook and Corona driver...which happened just before or during the visit of Jenny’s parents. It’s also possible that the info was kept from Jenny’s parents by the Chinese Embassy so that they would go home satisfied and not create an issue between the Chinese and Mexican governments. OR, Jenny quietly went home with her parents at that point and left JR hanging. If their relationship was ending, I can see her doing that, exacting a little revenge. JMO

The visit of Jenny’s parents was said to be in “late May” which could be any time from May 15-31. On May 16 is JR’s first post about finding out where Jenny stayed her last night and catching a ride with a truck.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/helpfindjenny/permalink/614694565372258/

There are lots of posts about the Corona driver through the end of May. LE knew about it by the end of May, at least.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...INE-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=13645315#post13645315

Meanwhile, according to the Chinese Embassy press release on June 10, Jenny’s parents visited LE in several areas in late May. Nothing was said about the notebook or truck driver, even though that info was known by LE during the time they visited. Jenny was said to have been spotted still traveling.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...INE-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=13645290#post13645290

On June 11, JR comments about the press release, disputing that Jenny could still be traveling for two months without accessing her money.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...axaca-11-April-2016-1&p=12621131#post12621131

Sidelight: An article on April 29, 2016 quotes Jenny’s brother saying that he thinks something happened to her on the road.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...INE-**NO-DISCUSSION**&p=13645290#post13645290

All of this is just a reminder that this case was a dysfunctional mess from the beginning, starting with Jenny’s decision to make this ill advised trek. Here’s hoping she really is back in China.

If Jenny is alive and well. Then she is posting somewhere on social media which is basically her life line. So I would hire a Chinese sm investigator to see who her brother or friends in China are socializing with on weibo or something. They may find her that way. Idk.

If Jenny is alive and well. Then she is posting somewhere on social media which is basically her life line. So I would hire a Chinese sm investigator to see who her brother or friends in China are socializing with on weibo or something. They may find her that way. Idk.

That’s a good point, Dex. She wouldn’t be able to stay off SM. Considering the backlash against her in China, I would expect her to use an assumed name though. If she’s hiding from JR, I would also expect an assumed name. But you never know!

That’s a good point, Dex. She wouldn’t be able to stay off SM. Considering the backlash against her in China, I would expect her to use an assumed name though. If she’s hiding from JR, I would also expect an assumed name. But you never know!

I wonder why Jonathan believed that latest witness that said she seen Jenny disorientated out there months ago?

But imo. I always thought that Jonathan had a lover out there and every visit served a dual purpose and excuse of why he is heading back out there while missing some appointments. Jmo.

Just heartbreaking. What jumped out at me is that authorities “simulate” investigations. This is clearly what JR ran into. And I suspect that Jenny’s parents and the Chinese Embassy were also conned. As frustrated as we were at times with JR, I don’t think anything he could have done would have made a difference. He was up against corruption at every level. :(

Hi, all. I haven't checked in with all things Jenny for a while, but I just did go to the HFJ page and saw that on 7/3 JR posted an update:

"Jenny's Family in China are going to start to support my investigation. They have the assistance of the Chinese embassy to pressure the corrupt and complacent Mexican government to do their jobs!"

So, a couple of things we can infer from that. I know many here hoped Jenny might have gone back to her family in China, but if she is there, she is not in contact with her family. So, I think it probably unlikely Jenny is there, sadly.

I also note that JR wrote that the family is going to start supporting his investigation. "Start supporting". This implies that they were not supporting it, prior. We did sense that here, didn't we.

Two days ago, a member on his HFJ page asked if things have started, and JR replied that he is waiting for a call from the Chinese Embassy...

I read Tarabull's latest two links, and it just all feels so hopeless and sad.

Hi, all. I haven't checked in with all things Jenny for a while, but I just did go to the HFJ page and saw that on 7/3 JR posted an update:

"Jenny's Family in China are going to start to support my investigation. They have the assistance of the Chinese embassy to pressure the corrupt and complacent Mexican government to do their jobs!"

So, a couple of things we can infer from that. I know many here hoped Jenny might have gone back to her family in China, but if she is there, she is not in contact with her family. So, I think it probably unlikely Jenny is there, sadly.

I also note that JR wrote that the family is going to start supporting his investigation. "Start supporting". This implies that they were not supporting it, prior. We did sense that here, didn't we.

Two days ago, a member on his HFJ page asked if things have started, and JR replied that he is waiting for a call from the Chinese Embassy...

I read Tarabull's latest two links, and it just all feels so hopeless and sad.

Thanks for posting this Slowpoke. As with so many originally hopeful posts on HFJ, they end up hopeless and sad and going nowhere. Hope it’s different this time.

I expect that Jenny’s family finally realized that they had been given a snow job by Mexican LE, enabled by the Chinese Embassy, so they figured supporting JR might be their only hope.

I miss my jenny.

SHe would have been a lovely Websleuths member

I seriously hope she is still alive and well

That’s so sweet, Dex.

Me too Dex.

Me three.

Agreed Blues. She just seemed to have a good orah or ora about herself.

Lol. I don't know how to actually spell orah.

But hopefully its right and ya get my meaning.

But in all honesty. Hugs for Jenny.

I get your meaning, Dex. It’s “aura” and I call it her “spunky spirit.” :)

Just reviewing & bumping -----> for Jenny

82b46a50_s_waiting_8.gif

...not sure this was ever posted ???

But, maybe I'm not the only one who has never seen it, fwiw:

COMMENTARY: Jenny Chen’s disappearance and the media’s hierarchy of empathy

166 skulls were found in a mass grave in Veracruz (the state where the truck driver lives and works). Probably no connection to Jenny, but worth keeping an eye on it. Photos of clothing and belongings will be published soon. Families are encouraged to report their missing. Quoting...

The search yielded 200 pieces of clothing, 144 IDs and personal belongings. Evidence indicated the deaths may have occurred a couple of years ago, he said in a statement.

Mexico mass grave yields 166 skulls - CNN
BBM

This is not the first mass grave found in Veracruz. From a March 2017 article...

A mass grave containing more than 250 human skulls was uncovered in central Mexico, most likely the victims of drug cartels over the years, authorities said.

The mass grave found in Veracruz state could be the largest in Mexico, state attorney general Jorge Winckler told CNN affiliate Televisa.

Mexico mass grave: 250 human skulls found in Veracruz - CNN

I checked over at the Help Find Jenny page, and on 8/29 JR asked for help from “Chinese speakers”, as he needed to communicate with Jenny’s family. He wrote: “We have some important events coming up, and I will need their assistance.”

I have to respect his determination.

Another interesting item over on the page is JR sharing a post by someone. It is a Missing Person poster for Jenny, but misspells her surname (“Chan” instead of “Chen”). The poster is in Spanish, so I put the text into Google Translate, and under facts, it says:

“FACTS: It was last seen in the city of Oaxaca and was supposed to take Highway 190 ahead of Tehuantepec. It is unknown if something happened to him in the city of Oaxaca or on the highway.”

Do you think this could mean the Lagunas Crossing is now being discounted as the last place she was seen??o_O

I checked over at the Help Find Jenny page, and on 8/29 JR asked for help from “Chinese speakers”, as he needed to communicate with Jenny’s family. He wrote: “We have some important events coming up, and I will need their assistance.”

I have to respect his determination.

Another interesting item over on the page is JR sharing a post by someone. It is a Missing Person poster for Jenny, but misspells her surname (“Chan” instead of “Chen”). The poster is in Spanish, so I put the text into Google Translate, and under facts, it says:

“FACTS: It was last seen in the city of Oaxaca and was supposed to take Highway 190 ahead of Tehuantepec. It is unknown if something happened to him in the city of Oaxaca or on the highway.”

Do you think this could mean the Lagunas Crossing is now being discounted as the last place she was seen??o_O

On July 3rd he said that Jenny's family in China had agreed to support his investigation. Now he he says he needs a translator to communicate with them, because he needs their assistance. Just more backtracking from JR. :mad: :confused: :eek: :rolleyes: o_O

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back