CA - Hostage situation at Trader Joe’s in Los Angeles, 21 July 2018

how rude

local abc cut him off when he started speaking in spanish

obviously the need to do so means there are people that need to hear it in spanish

not ok imo

now they go back for q and a in engish

apparently there was dialog back and forth between him and cops

It's pretty sad that, upon hearing that two people died, a reasonable response is, "Thank goodness it wasn't a mass casualty situation."

Don't misinterpret me as saying it's bad for people to say or think this! It is exactly what I thought too: thank goodness it was only two people, it could have been so much worse with all those hostages! And then it struck me how sad it is that I get relieved at hearing "only" two people died. Sad world we live in.

It's pretty sad that, upon hearing that two people died, a reasonable response is, "Thank goodness it wasn't a mass casualty situation."

Don't misinterpret me as saying it's bad for people to say or think this! It is exactly what I thought too: thank goodness it was only two people, it could have been so much worse with all those hostages! And then it struck me how sad it is that I get relieved at hearing "only" two people died. Sad world we live in.
I hear you. I did a quick watering of my deck flowers while this was going down. I saved a small caterpillar who was headed toward a not so safe area. Inside I came and switched gears thinking take out the SOB if u have too????? Lordy!

Yeah, at the Q&A they say that the grandma was shot multiple (maybe seven?) times, and was rushed into multiple surgeries, and at the last update she was in critical condition. Though just now someone else on the local TV are claiming she's in stable, so who knows. Man, I hope her family is getting better info.

It also doesn't sound clear how the lady inside TJ's got shot. It seemed to have occurred during the exchange of gunfire after the suspect crashed. They weren't sure if shots were fired inside, so it might've been shots from outside that penetrated the building. I suppose it's possible that it was a police officer returning fire that could have inadvertently struck the lady -- HYPOTHETICAL ONLY I have no idea how the lady got shot, they're still investigating.

Yeah, at the Q&A they say that the grandma was shot multiple (maybe seven?) times, and was rushed into multiple surgeries, and at the last update she was in critical condition. Though just now someone else on the local TV are claiming she's in stable, so who knows. Man, I hope her family is getting better info.

It also doesn't sound clear how the lady inside TJ's got shot. It seemed to have occurred during the exchange of gunfire after the suspect crashed. They weren't sure if shots were fired inside, so it might've been shots from outside that penetrated the building. I suppose it's possible that it was a police officer returning fire that could have inadvertently struck the lady -- HYPOTHETICAL ONLY I have no idea how the lady got shot, they're still investigating.

that is how it sounded to me as well infjuries were during the shootout in the street

Last edited:

Dear Rabidstoat,

Thank you for this information. I know everyone's praying for her to pull through.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back