Found Safe IL - Haque Rezwanul, 22, Special Olympian from Bangladesh, Chicago, 19 Jul 2018

cybervampira

Reaction score
Special Olympics athlete missing from the Near North Side

Special Olympian soccer player Haque Rezwanul from Bangladesh was last seen in the 100-block of East Delaware Place Thursday afternoon.

Rezwanul has autism and cannot speak English.

upload_2018-7-21_15-47-34.jpeg
He is described as a South Asian man, 5 ft. 8 in. tall and 160 lbs. with brown eyes, black hair and a medium complexion. He was last seen wearing a blue hat with "USA" on front, a blue polo shirt with "Bangladesh" written in red lettering on the back, black pants and white gym shoes. He had a light grey and red colored backpack.

Special Olympics athlete reported missing in Chicago

Just an FYI; Special athletes for this are supposed to have an IQ under 70-75. It is kind of misleading. Many with a learning disorder, austim, deafness, etc have a much higher IQ- but fail miserably on the tests used due to their respective disability. I am hoping he is pretty capable- however the language barrier worries me quite a bit.

I'm also hoping he's more cognitively advanced than his verbal speech reflects. I know my daughter is years ahead of what you would assume from her speech.

Also worried about the language barrier though... he won't understand if someone is trying to help him. I wonder why he wasn't with someone who spoke the language? Especially if he doesn't speak, or understand English.

Missing Special Olympics athlete was last seen getting into SUV in Gold Coast
Rezwanul Haque, 22, was last seen in hotel surveillance footage getting into the SUV about 5 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of East Delaware Place, Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. Haque left the hotel voluntary, and there was no evidence of foul play.
Given his special needs, Haque’s photo “was sent to every district to get as many people to see him as possible,” Guglielmi said.
Haque won a gold medal in badminton at the 2015 games in Los Angeles as a shuttler in the men’s singles event for Bangladesh, according to the team’s website.

upload_2018-7-22_23-34-42.jpeg

Chicago Police Searching for Missing Special Olympics Athlete Who Has Autism
Chicago police are continuing their search for an athlete from Bangladesh, who was reported missing last week while he was visiting the city.
“He is seen on [hotel surveillance] video getting into an SUV outside of his hotel and he essentially drives off,” Guglielmi continues, adding that “there’s no information at this point to suggest any type of foul play.”
The group with which Haque, a soccer player, was traveling first realized that the athlete was missing on Thursday afternoon, and searched for him in both the areas he had frequented during his stay, as well as the places he was interested in visiting while in Chicago. After failing to find him, they called the police department.

Missing Special Olympics chaperone may have planned to stay in U.S.
Anne Burke, one of the leading forces behind the Special Olympics since its beginning, said Haque is very high functioning and it appears he had a plan to stay.
"He's made contact with people on the North Side and he's been in Ohio. He's an adult there's no criminal conduct. The case is still open with the Chicago Police department but he does not want to be contacted," Burke said Tuesday.
Local leaders in the Bangladeshi American community understand why the young man might want to stay in the U.S., but would like to hear from someone who has seen Haque or Haque himself. They want to make sure he is not being negatively influenced and that he is OK.
"We are trying to make sure he is safe, not involved with any criminal peoples. This is the most important thing," said Mohammad Shamsul Islam, of the Bangladesh Association of Greater Chicagoland.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back