Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, either Mollie "pinned" that on July 17th, OR someone with a sick sense of humor did in her place. Its possible, although she was spoken to on the 17th, as presumably, in charge of her own account. Its very strange or ironic in light of her now missing.

She could have pinned that post at the top of her account at any time. A "pinned" post stays on top of your account regardless of that date. It's "pinned" there so that is always shows-up first on the Twitter page. I'm guessing she pinned it on or around the time of the original Tweet (11/14/17). Regardless, I agree with you, it's very ironic.

" CrimeOnline spoke Mollie’s friend and co-worker, Emily Fenner, who said Mollie contacted her boyfriend at 10 p.m. on Tuesday to say goodnight. [...] "When she didn’t come to work on Thursday & didn’t call in I proceeded to get ahold of her boyfriend, who was in Dubuque, IA, for work & hadn’t heard from her either.

Okay wait. Am I missing something? Boyfriend last heard from her TUESDAY night but her glasses and contacts were at his house. She can’t see without them but he didn’t speak to her all day long on Wednesday and didn’t think something was going on?

Welcome to Websleuths! Thank you for joining Mollie’s thread and for posting.

Thanks! I joined a few weeks ago, but hadn't found a reason to post yet. Since she grew-up nearby, it hits close to home and it occurred to me that I should hop on here to see if anyone had posted about her, and if not, I was planning on starting a thread. The Social Media response has been going strong.

Okay wait. Am I missing something? Boyfriend last heard from her TUESDAY night but her glasses and contacts were at his house. She can’t see without them but he didn’t speak to her all day long on Wednesday and didn’t think something was going on?

Apparently, he was in Dubuque for work, so he wouldn't have been there to notice that she didn't have her contacts or glasses. Also, she was dog sitting, so I think she may have been staying at the house she was dog sitting at.

Good catch, I didn't pay enough attention to notice she said Tues night vs Weds night. I wonder if it's a reporting error or if it's correct.

Apparently, he was in Dubuque for work, so he wouldn't have been there to notice that she didn't have her contacts or glasses. Also, she was dog sitting, so I think she may have been staying at the house she was dog sitting at.

Ah! That makes much more sense. I wonder why Mollie didn’t go back for them though.

deleted

Last edited:
There has been some confusion about the facts in news articles and on some webpages, so here are some facts as I understand them:
-She is student at University of Iowa and is Home in Brooklyn, Iowa for summer break (normally staying with her parents)
-She has a long term boyfriend from high school that lives in Brooklyn (not sure if also home for summer or if never moved away). The boyfriend is living with his brother and brother’s fiancé
-boyfriend, boyfriend’s brother, fiancé all were out of town for work in eastern Iowa
-Mollie was staying at their house while they were gone to take care of dogs
-She was seen jogging around 5 and 5:30pm Wednesday which is normal for her. She was obviously in athletic wear
-she sent Snapchat to her boyfriend around 10pm that night
-the next day she was supposed to go to work (at a daycare) and they were going to be taking kids to the fair. They were all going to be wearing red shirts for the outing
-She and her brother share a car and brother called Thursday morning to see if she needed it but couldn’t get a hold of her. She never showed up to work.
-so, it is not known whether she disappeared during/after jogging OR in morning after dressed for worked. That is why you may see 2 different outfits discussed (Mollie’s mom can’t find red shirt she thought Mollie would wear, which is another reason why morning is an option)
-it has been mentioned that her phone is missing but is turned off or battery dead. And her Fitbit is missing. (Authorities obviously looking into data on both and have her laptop)
-apparently her contacts, glasses and wallet were still in boyfriend’s house. (No idea how many pairs of glasses and contacts she has, though, so may or may not be significant)

Hopes that helps some.

-She and her brother share a car and brother called Thursday morning to see if she needed it but couldn’t get a hold of her. She never showed up to work.

Hopes that helps some.

Was her car still found at the house?[/QUOTE]
Her brother was in possession of the car. He called Thurs. morning to see if she needed it to get to work and got no response.

University of Iowa student reported missing after going for jog, officials say
"Everything's on the table, unfortunately," Poweshiek County Sheriff Thomas Kriegel told KCCI. "We're hoping that she's somewhere with a friend and she'll show up Monday or Tuesday and everything will get back to normal."
Investigators are now working with the university and others to get access to a laptop and online accounts belonging to Tibbits that may have an electronic footprint of her whereabouts, her cousin posted to a Facebook page set up to find the 20-year-old.

So obviously she went missing between 10 and whenever she needed to be at work the next day. Maybe she was an early morning runner? If she’s in a fairly rural place it’s doubtful she’d be running around 10:30 because it gets very dark outside of neighborhoods.

I was just in rural Ohio, crap ton of cornfields, and they are well over 5 feet at the moment. Side note: I like to go out and explore, so I went out in the evening, it was a work trip so I didn’t really know the area, stupid in hindsight. I walked down a country corn road and as I was strolling, 2 separate individuals asked me if I was just walking needed a ride. Apparently you could see the street I turned on from a truck stop that I hadn’t noticed. Obviously I basically ran back to my hotel. It was basically broad daylight 6p. Point is, you never can be too careful. People get snatched and stalked all the time.

Iowans search for 20-year-old student who went missing while jogging

"The area is largely farmland, " No one would be jogging at 10:00 PM it would be too dark and little streetlights. The 5:30 PM time seems likely.
LE called off search and no need for volunteers. Think they know what direction this is going. More will come out about the interactions of those in that house and motives IMO.

Another woman going missing while jogging :(

i will follow this!

It's not known for sure whether she went missing while jogging, or sometime after that. She was supposed to wear red the next day for her job. A red shirt is missing leading the family to think maybe she had already dressed for work the next day. But, like I said, they don't know for sure. That's why they are describing two different sets of clothing that she might be wearing--either athletic wear for jogging, or the red shirt.

Her friends and family really are doing a spectacular job getting the word out.

If don't know what time Mollie was due at work the next day but is it likely she'd go for her jog in the morning, as she knew she was going to be busy all day?
Don't have high hopes for a great outcome unfortunately if this is so out of character for her :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine