MI MI - Alexandra Brueger, 31, Fatally Shot While Jogging, Rose Twp, 30 July 2016 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Family, friends mourn slain jogger

Candice Williams and James David Dickson, The Detroit News 6:41 a.m. EDT August 2, 2016

Rose Township — Days after police said Alexandra Nicolette Brueger was fatally shot during her daily jog, family and friends are struggling to comprehend their loss.

“I’ll never understand who would want to take her life,” Sameera Buzo said in a Facebook post dedicated to her friend and former colleague.

Brueger, 31, was a registered nurse at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, according to friends and family.

“Alex was the happiest, wittiest, and kindest person I’ve ever had the privilege of knowing,” Buzo wrote. “She made the grueling night shifts bearable with her amazing sense of humor.” ...

Family, friends mourn slain jogger

Verified Insider:

Combatmedic2121

Thread #1
Thread #2

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystery surrounds Oakland County jogger's shooting death

Ally Brueger, 31, was shot while running along road in Rose Township

By Priya Mann - Reporter

Posted: 5:33 PM, August 01, 2016
Updated: 5:50 PM, August 01, 2016

ROSE TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Ally Brueger was jogging Saturday afternoon along a gravel road in Oakland County when she was shot and killed.

Neighbors in the tight-knit community of Holly Township describe Brueger as a young woman with a passion for life. She died doing something she loved.

"Oh my gosh, this girl was a religious runner," said Thais Peck, a family friend.

Brueger, 31, ran the same 10-mile route each day. Neighbors said they usually saw her jogging with headphones on. She was focused on the run.

"She just minded her own business. She had her blinders on, and she would run every day, never missing a day," said Peck...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rrounds-oakland-county-joggers-shooting-death

Officials ID woman shot while jogging in Rose Township, seek tips on car seen during incident

By John Turk, The Oakland Press

Posted: 08/01/16, 11:00 AM EDT | Updated: 43 secs ago

Michigan State Police have identified a woman shot to death while jogging in Rose Township as the investigation into the slaying continues.

Alexandra Nicolette Brueger, 31, of Holly Township, was found just after 2:30 p.m. Saturday, July 30, on the front lawn of a home in the 11000 block of Fish Lake Road.

Brueger had been shot four times in the back by an unknown person, state troopers said...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ownship-seek-tips-on-car-seen-during-incident

Jogger shot dead on Michigan road; police say sedan may be clue

By Fox 2 Detroit
Published August 01, 2016

Authorities are continuing to investigate after a female jogger was found shot to death on the side of the road in Rose Township, Michigan.

The 31-year-old's body was found Saturday on the front lawn of a home just after 2 p.m. State police Lt. Mike Shaw says it's possible that the woman, who has been identified as Alexandra Brueger, was familiar with the shooter.

Shaw says Brueger's relatives said she regularly ran on Fish Lake Road. He says investigators are trying to determine if there's someone she "might have been having some kind of difficulties with." ...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/0...chigan-road-police-say-sedan-may-be-clue.html

Alexandra Nicolette Brueger 1984 - 2016

Brueger, Alexandra Nicolette November 9, 1984 July 30, 2016 Ally was our beloved, only child. She was kind, thoughtful, considerate. She had a witty sense of humor, but she was also a very serious-minded individual. She was an RN at Providence Park Hospital in Novi, Michigan. She was working on her master degree in creative writing which she would have achieved in April 2017 because writing was her passion, nursing was her profession. She graduated with high honors in all of her higher education degrees...

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/th...ra-nicolette-brueger&pid=180973457&fhid=17376

@Combatmedic2121

Did Ally continue using the gym after the time she moved out and up until her death?

I am wondering if she had an unwanted admirer from or near the gym that you were unaware of.

Is that a possibility do you think?

E.g. someone who could also have known where she liked to jog in Holly.

Yes, Ally still used that gym fairly regularly after she “moved out”.
We were still spending a fair amount of time together and often Ally would still stay with me a couple nights a week.

If Ally had an unwanted admirer she probably would have said something to myself or Nikki.... Ally never mentioned anything of this sort to me.

Also, I personally feel that “Stalker, Unwanted Admirer” Theories face some pretty big and unavoidable hurtles right out the gate:
- There were NO signs of any kind of sexually assault.
- The shooting happened on a Sat. at 2:30pm in the afternoon... and in broad daylight!
- The shooter was likely wearing Sandals.
- The weapon used was a shotgun. (Likely the first gun they thought to grab in the heat of the moment)

EVERYTHING about this screams...
- Completely Unplanned
- Not thought through at all!
- Last Minute
- Spur of the Moment
- Heat of the Moment.
- Blinding/Reckless Rage

Now, could it still have been a possible Stalker, Unwanted Admirer, Failed Abduction/Sexual Assualt? Sure... it’s possible.... But in my veiw, it’s just highly unlikely.
What seems FAR more likely, based on what we actually know, is that this was most likely a completely Last Minute, Not thought through, Heat of the Moment, Blinding Act of Rage!

So in my veiw, this basically leaves us with just two reasonably plausible scenarios:
1. Road Rage Killer
OR
Franz and Ally got into a heated confrontation that completely boiled over... And in the High Heat of THAT Moment, Totally Blinded by Rage, and Without Thinking it Through at All... Franz overreacted, and put an end to the confrontation!

Now, would I have predicted that Franz would be capably of doing something THIS Heinous? No...

But then again.... I also would have NEVER Predicted that Franz would have held a 15 year grudge against Ally, one he would NEVER forgave her for, and not speak to his “only daughter” for 15 years... ALL over Ally calling him a “loser!”
I would have NEVER predicted that!

So I think we should all take the advice that Nikki suggested Ally would give us regarding Franz:
B1199D30-62D4-4BA8-BFF5-FD2A481ABFEE.png

Last edited:
Yes, Ally still used that gym fairly regularly after she “moved out”.
We were still spending a fair amount of time together and often Ally would still stay with me a couple nights a week.

If Ally had an unwanted admirer she probably would have said something to myself or Nikki.... Ally never mentioned anything of this sort to me.

Also, I personally feel that “Stalker, Unwanted Admirer” Theories face some pretty big and unavoidable hurtles right out the gate:
- There were NO signs of any kind of sexually assault.
- The shooting happened on a Sat. at 2:30pm in the afternoon... and in broad daylight!
- The shooter was likely wearing Sandals.
- The weapon used was a shotgun. (Likely the first gun they thought to grab in the heat of the moment)

EVERYTHING about this screams...
- Completely Unplanned
- Not thought through at all!
- Last Minute
- Spur of the Moment
- Heat of the Moment.
- Blinding/Reckless Rage

Now, could it still have been a possible Stalker, Unwanted Admirer, Failed Abduction/Sexual Assualt? Sure... it’s possible.... But in my veiw, it’s just highly unlikely.
What seems FAR more likely, based on what we actually know, is that this was most likely a completely Last Minute, Not thought through, Heat of the Moment, Blinding Act of Rage!

So in my veiw, this basically leaves us with just two reasonably plausible scenarios:
1. Road Rage Killer
OR
Franz and Ally got into a heated confrontation that completely boiled over... And in the High Heat of THAT Moment, Totally Blinded by Rage, and Without Thinking it Through at All... Franz overreacted, and put an end to the confrontation!

Now, would I have predicted that Franz would be capably of doing something THIS Heinous? No...

But then again.... I also would have NEVER Predicted that Franz would have held a 15 year grudge against Ally, one he would NEVER forgave her for, and not speak to his “only daughter” for 15 years... ALL over Ally calling him a “loser!”
I would have NEVER predicted that!

So I think we should all take the advice that Nikki suggested Ally would give us regarding Franz:
View attachment 139490

Trouble is FB has an alibi and NB would know if they had a blazing row and he set off in chase with a shotgun. The ballistics would also match IMO. And presumably his vehicle would be recognisable

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is FB has an alibi and NB would know if they had a blazing row and he set off in chase with a shotgun. The ballistics would also match IMO. And presumably his vehicle would be recognisable

Franz’s ONLY alibi is Nikki.
And its entirely possible Nikki does in fact know that Franz set off in chase with a shotgun. I mean, let’s keep in mind for a second the two individuals we are really discussing here...
I think that her father could be, yeah. The relationship that she had with her father was not good,” said Sutherland.
The Bruegers deny that, and call that allegation absurd and painful.

Now as far as ballistics go....
So are you saying that if the ballistics didn’t match with that one shotgun that LE found inside their home... Then that somehow means it couldn’t have been Franz who killed Ally?
How does work????
Couldn’t Franz have just used a different shotgun? One that he then hid, or disposed of somehow before returning to the house?

And why are we presussuming that Franz’s vehicle “would be recognizable”?
Recognizable in what way? And to whom?
Also, since no one witnesses the actual shooting with the actual vehicle associated... this “recognizable” point is completely irrelevant.
It’s completely irrelevant how “recognizable” Franz car was, or wasn’t, because there were no witnesses at the scene to recognize anything.

Franz’s ONLY alibi is Nikki.
And its entirely possible Nikki does in fact know that Franz set off in chase with a shotgun. I mean, let’s keep in mind for a second the two individuals we are really discussing here...
I think that her father could be, yeah. The relationship that she had with her father was not good,” said Sutherland.
The Bruegers deny that, and call that allegation absurd and painful.

Now as far as ballistics go....
So are you saying that if the ballistics didn’t match with that one shotgun that LE found inside their home... Then that somehow means it couldn’t have been Franz who killed Ally?
How does work????
Couldn’t Franz have just used a different shotgun? One that he then hid, or disposed of somehow before returning to the house?

And why are we presussuming that Franz’s vehicle “would be recognizable”?
Recognizable in what way? And to whom?
Also, since no one witnesses the actual shooting with the actual vehicle associated... this “recognizable” point is completely irrelevant.
It’s completely irrelevant how “recognizable” Franz car was, or wasn’t, because there were no witnesses at the scene to recognize anything.

Presumably if it was FB then when AB left he would have to go get his shotgun and ammo then get his car and drive off in chase of AB. No one saw his car but did see a white sedan. That's why it is implausible IMO. In addition, you now saying maybe he had two shotguns, is doubtful - there is no evidence. Why do you say there were no witnesses? How would you know that? Witnesses saw the white sedan after all. AJMO

Last edited:
CM,
what do you think: Had there been much material help from FB for his daughter over the last 10-15 years? So that he could have thought: I don't like her, she doesn't like me, she called me a loser 15 years ago, BUT I'm always good enough to help with money.
Is this thinkable to be a reason for special rage at a certain point?

Anyone have any ideas of how there can be surveillance videos of sandals?

I wish the sandal type would be given. Of course, older people wear all types, but younger people do not wear certain types. The velcro kind, for instance.

Anyone have any ideas of how there can be surveillance videos of sandals?

I wish the sandal type would be given. Of course, older people wear all types, but younger people do not wear certain types. The velcro kind, for instance.

The first thing that came in to my mind when I read your question was phone camera footage. I don't know why but I thought of a dropped phone still recording perhaps. Probably because of the talk about why did she not take her phone etc. Perhaps she did take it and caught sandals on it as she lay on the lawn dying.
MOO.

I wonder how much traffic there is on that section of Fish Lake Road on a typical Saturday afternoon?

If traffic is sparse, then the sighting of a white/light-colored 4-door sedan described as "speeding" down that road at the time Ally was shot is significant, IMO.

If that car was involved in Ally's murder, someone knows something. Someone knows the owner/driver.

Witnesses saw the white sedan after all.
I wonder how much traffic there is on that section of Fish Lake Road on a typical Saturday afternoon?
If traffic is sparse, then the sighting of a white/light-colored 4-door sedan described as "speeding" down that road at the time Ally was shot is significant, IMO.
If that car was involved in Ally's murder, someone knows something. Someone knows the owner/driver.
Witnesses saw the white/light sedan "around the time Brueger was killed". It would be good to know the timing. Witnesses did not see the white/light sedan 'at the time Brueger was killed', but "around the time Brueger was killed".
Not one witness, but witnesses. More than one. I wonder how similar were the witness descriptions of the timing of sighting the speeding white/light sedan. Did the witnesses hear gunshots first? Or did they not hear gunshots?
It could be that sedan was seen 5 or 10 minutes 'around' the time she was killed, and that the sedan had nothing to do with the murder.
Police Still Seeking Tips In Jogger’s Shooting Death: Who Killed Alexandra Brueger?
Witnesses said a white or light-colored four-door sedan was seen traveling at a high rate of speed on Fish Lake Road around the time Brueger was killed, but police have yet to identify that vehicle.

From an article dated Sept. 21, 2016 - 7 weeks after Ally was killed.

[Nikki] calls the police when she thinks of things that might be important to the investigation, but says they have not reached out to her for a month.

Murder on the mind: The hunt for Ally Brueger's killer

I'm gobsmacked by the bolded portion.

I wonder how hard the investigators have ever really worked this case. After the first few weeks, it doesn't seem as if they made any effort to reach out to the mother. IMO, that's not a good sign in terms of LE's motivation to solve this case.

[Nikki] calls the police when she thinks of things that might be important to the investigation, but says they have not reached out to her for a month.

I wonder how hard the investigators have ever really worked this case. After the first few weeks, it doesn't seem as if they made any effort to reach out to the mother. IMO, that's not a good sign in terms of LE's motivation to solve this case.
LE doesn't have time to provide weekly comfort or hand-holding. They would call if they had information to provide or questions to ask.

No, especially not when I compare it to other cases I've read about detectives keeping in touch with the family regularly to keep them updated, or even just to check in. I wonder if it changed after those first months and the detectives formed more of a relationship with Ally's parents. I hope so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail