Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #16 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timeline

8:15 am - Sarah left for work. Karen in her pj's.
8:57 am - Karen's last log in.
8:58 am - until 10:43 - ?????.
10:43am - Communications tower detects both mobile phones near couple's home
10:44am - 11: 40 Mobile towers detect one or both phones between Avondale Heights and Gisborne
11:09am - Borce Ristevski's phone switched off
11: 12 am - Merc captured on cctv at Diggers Rest.
11: 40 am - Last known connection of Karen Ristevski's phone
12:51pm - Borce Ristevski's phone switched back on
1:03pm - Borce Ristevski returns home
1:20 pm - Store employee calls Borce to say Karen has not turned up for work
???? - Borce went out in the afternoon - uber driving but app would not work.

6:00 to 6:30 pm - Sarah arrives home from work. (depending on what article)
???? - Left for planned dinner.

7 :30pm - Borce, Sarah and boyfriend arrived home from planned dinner.
???? pm - Borce drove Sarah's boyfriend home.
???? pm - Borce returned home.

30th June
5:30 am - Sarah got out of bed. Called Karen again.
She checked Karen's Whatsapps log in time. It had not changed and remained at 8:57 am 29th June.

Had Karen not logged out of her Whatapps?
Would that assist with tracking the phone?

Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears

Inside the Ristevski home in the hours after Karen disappeared

Category: | Herald Sun
Borce Ristevski went to garage for smoke, daughter Sarah’s statement to police reveals

Great timeline. Thanks so much, soso.

I know I will be crucified for this view...

But here goes anyway.... the disposal spot IMO was that of someone who wanted a beautiful resting spot.

The area is a stones throw from Mt Macedon. ..the spot lays at her feet..... in it's shadow... apart from laying her remains at the top. ....to command the sweeping views...

Someone scared.....may see this area as the next best option.
IF Borce indeed planned to involve his son, then he hadn't had time to search for another place, because his time ran off. Anyway he can't explain 100 minutes and wouldn't have spent even more time for the disposal.

Thanks soso,

As far as I know, whatsapp cannot deliver messages to her phone when it was switched off. So it is not any better at tracking than phone pings... but it could be one of the apps that were trying to ping her phone and hence the records at the towers, when it was on.

I don't find Vlasko visiting the site unusual at all, it was after Karen was found.

Many people go to visit the site of their loved one's demise to leave flowers or just to see, eg Road Accidents have many roadside memorials.

Just so happened that ACA were there at the same time. Wonder if the time was suggested to ACA by Police :oops:

I find it extremely strange, roadside memorials are generally for accidental death , not a body disposal site for someone murdered. Also very strange apparel and footwear to wear.

Timeline

10:44am - 11: 40 Mobile towers detect one or both phones between Avondale Heights and Gisborne

30th June
She checked Karen's Whatsapps log in time. It had not changed and remained at 8:57 am 29th June.

Karen Ristevski's accused killer husband made up facts to cover tracks, court hears

Borce Ristevski went to garage for smoke, daughter Sarah’s statement to police reveals

Thank you Soso. Great timeline.

Haven't used Whatsapp in ages. Never logged out of it. Just checked and old messages, times and dates are still there.

Timeline

30th June

Excellent summary.
Another point, after dropping off her body whether it was directly at her final resting place or other, he has somehow cleaned the Mercedes, somewhere ! Right? Did forensics find any trace of anything in the car that could pin him to the murder. Yes there was some soil under the wheels. Could be have missed cleaning this?
So those 100 minutes would account for the drive to Macedon, finding a location, attempting to dig or not to dig, driving back, giving the car a really good scrub on the outside and a clean on the inside possibly. That’s a lot of tasks to complete in a small timeframe. Not to mention, in a state of panic and guilt you wouldn’t be thinking straight and possibly driving in circles trying to work out your next move.

2nd week of hearing- I’m anxiously awaiting for the next bit of crucial information they have gathered. Will it be more info from borces phone . Did he make calls to anyone for help? Will we hear what was on Sarah’s phone this week?
Will we hear about footage captured at a car wash?

Enjoyed a gorgeous walk today . There is certainly quite an area to cover if you were to look for any of the items missing from Karen that could have been disposed of behind her house. Very tall grass/weeds, steep descents in areas, the creek/river. I wonder how much and how far ses, police and volunteers searched. Would they have been searching for smaller items like phone, keys, her bag as well in the early stages.

Attachments

• 3AABA119-889F-4202-9431-0360277718CA.jpeg
    3AABA119-889F-4202-9431-0360277718CA.jpeg
    251.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 629F5AE2-5613-4F18-8E74-01EB571232FF.jpeg
    629F5AE2-5613-4F18-8E74-01EB571232FF.jpeg
    377.1 KB · Views: 43
  • FE5C2EC9-B425-4873-810E-E9A8D5A03D5F.jpeg
    FE5C2EC9-B425-4873-810E-E9A8D5A03D5F.jpeg
    622.5 KB · Views: 37
BBM - a few additions to the time line.
Feel free to add and correct.
Just want to get these times down as we learn them.

The Age has Borce's phone being deactivated at 11:19 am. The Herald turned off at 11:09 am.
So did he turn it off before the Diggers Rest cctv or after?

Timeline

?? 11:09am - Borce Ristevski's phone switched off
?? 11:19 am - Borce's phone deactivated.
Midday approx - Merc seen at Mt Maecdon facing wrong way. A 4WD parked behind

30th June

10:00pm ish _ Borce called Karen phone for the first time.

27 hours would indeed have the three of them arriving home from dinner around 7:30 ish on the 29th.

Borce didn't call his wife's phone for almost 27 hours, from when he was at his parents' home until after 10pm the following day.

So where did Borce call his wife's phone from at about 10pm?
How long did he take to drive the boyfriend home?

Ristevski withheld evidence he drove wife's car on the day she vanished: court

Borce Ristevski went to garage for smoke, daughter Sarah’s statement to police reveals[/QUOTE]

“That night, after parking her grey Volkswagen in the garage next to Karen’s black Mercedes-Benz, Sarah checked to see if her mother was in the study, as usual. She wasn’t. “
This comment doesn’t sit right with me. So assume weekdays Bella Bleu store closed at 5pm. Karen packs everything up, shuts shop, drives home in traffic and gets home at 6pm.
I don’t believe after a days work she’s straight in her home office working away again. Who organises dinner? What about just kicking your feet up and catching up with Borce , Sarah, watching a bit of telly before dinner? Personally I don’t think Karen was always in her study at that time Sarah claims. Her story doesn’t sit right with me.

Sorry just wanted to add....
If the family have arranged to go to dinner at the grandparents that evening with Sarah’s boyfriend and Sarah arrives home sees her mums car in the garage and doesn’t find her home.
My reaction if I was Sarah would be . “Dad where’s mum, I’ve been trying to contact her all day at work and on her phone . The staff said she didn’t come in today . I tried calling you to find out what was going on and you weren’t answering, Where is she, why is her car here and she’s not, she better not be Late for our dinner .”

But we heard this instead from Sarah
“What happened?” she asked him, according to a statement Sarah later gave to police.
Borce replied: “You know what she gets like when she gets onto one thing and then onto another and continues it.”

Last edited:
A few things regarding Karen’s car.

In court we have learned that dried mud was found in the wheel wells, a possible indication that it was driven off sealed roads, or from the depot where police keep cars seized due to potential involvement in major crimes.

In the media months ago, we were told the car was immaculately cleaned. This does suggest that it was cleaned after going off-road.

Perhaps Borce used the Mercedes to drive Sarah’s boyfriend home after dinner & went to a car wash on the way home? Or perhaps (given the 29th June 2016 was a fine but cool day) the Mercedes didn’t get messy in the first place? EDITED TO ADD : a witness who testified in court to seeing the Mercedes at a corner of Salisbury Rd remarked upon how clean it was.

People have asked in this thread about any other forensic findings in the Mercedes. In my opinion these are unlikely as it was Karen’s car to begin with. Short of a huge bloodstain or the like, any traces of Karen in the vehicle are easily explained by it being her everyday car, so it’d be expected to be covered in her DNA etc.

Last edited:
I find it extremely strange, roadside memorials are generally for accidental death , not a body disposal site for someone murdered. Also very strange apparel and footwear to wear.

The strangest part in my opinion is if he did drive all that way to honestly pay his respect or whatever , he didn’t leave a flower as most do. That to me shows he went there for a reason other than for Karen.

THE Kholo Creek Bridge site, which became an unofficial memorial to Allison Baden-Clay after her body was found there, now carries a sandstone column marking the spot.
Stone placed for Allison Baden-Clay

Attachments

• 6E5A21D9-3315-415B-BB19-125125188337.jpeg
    6E5A21D9-3315-415B-BB19-125125188337.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors