CO CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #3

<modsnip> Obviously, both cases are going to come down to DNA testing whether familial or otherwise. It is starting to really irk me as there is much news about the testing on the forefront.

Last edited by a moderator:
If they have DNA from Tim's crime scene ( and I think they would have plenty) , I wonder if they plan to use this technology to try to solve it?

Shire, why do you think they’d have plenty of dna from Tim’s CS?

If he were shot only, there could be zero DNA. If he were attacked with a hatchet, which has been a rumor here, there would be more likely to be DNA

Shire, why do you think they’d have plenty of dna from Tim’s CS?

If he were shot only, there could be zero DNA. If he were attacked with a hatchet, which has been a rumor here, there would be more likely to be DNA

The bike was moved and hidden, his stuff was strewn around and he was buried in a shallow grave so there has to be plenty dna imo. (Some at least).

Last edited:
GAAH! I reached my limit on that newspaper you just posted Agent Apricot. I hate that!

edited to add: So nothing on the compliance hearing in Bartholomew County from yesterday? The court site isn't updated yet.

It's a very long article. Brief summary of some key points. Apparently The Gazette has been trying to get TW's autopsy released. Coroner's office position was it would endanger the investigation. TW's widow did not want it released for privacy reasons and possibly harming the investigation. County Attorney argued it could lead to "bad actors" coming forward seeking favor. Gazette reporter argued El Paso Co has a habit of withholding autopsies in prominent murder cases. Judge nixed the release:

Fourth Judicial District Judge Eric Bentley sided with the Coroner’s Office, ruling that the county had “clearly” met its burden of establishing that “substantial injury to the public” would result from the autopsy’s release, satisfying an exception written into public records laws.

Information about the number of Watkins’ wounds, the trajectory of the fatal bullet or bullets, and the distance from which the rounds were fired are among the details that could dash hopes of solving the case, Bentley said. The report could also help pinpoint when and where Watkins was attacked.

Detectives have POIs but none are actual suspects at this point, LE hoping for more tips.
Palmer Lake cyclist's fatal shooting investigation stalled, authorities concede during hearing over releasing autopsy

It's a very long article. Brief summary of some key points. Apparently The Gazette has been trying to get TW's autopsy released. Coroner's office position was it would endanger the investigation. TW's widow did not want it released for privacy reasons and possibly harming the investigation. County Attorney argued it could lead to "bad actors" coming forward seeking favor. Gazette reporter argued El Paso Co has a habit of withholding autopsies in prominent murder cases. Judge nixed the release:

Fourth Judicial District Judge Eric Bentley sided with the Coroner’s Office, ruling that the county had “clearly” met its burden of establishing that “substantial injury to the public” would result from the autopsy’s release, satisfying an exception written into public records laws.

Information about the number of Watkins’ wounds, the trajectory of the fatal bullet or bullets, and the distance from which the rounds were fired are among the details that could dash hopes of solving the case, Bentley said. The report could also help pinpoint when and where Watkins was attacked.

Detectives have POIs but none are actual suspects at this point, LE hoping for more tips.
Palmer Lake cyclist's fatal shooting investigation stalled, authorities concede during hearing over releasing autopsy

So multiple wounds and directions/ distance. Were there more than one shooter? Then he was half buried off the track and his bike and other things scattered. Very strange.

But, good news, detectives have POI's ???

TY kizzy for the summary.

I am a tad confused with PM's on this site, my apologies..

So multiple wounds and directions/ distance. Were there more than one shooter? Then he was half buried off the track and his bike and other things scattered. Very strange.

But, good news, detectives have POI's ???

TY kizzy for the summary.

And why would the trajectories and wounds give away anything to the public?

Bumping Tricia's post from Thread #2:

Hi Everyone,
Please remember this thread is about the Tim Watkins killing. Please stay on topic.

Abby and Libby will open up when there is something new to discuss. That discussion was making it almost impossible for
our mods to work anyplace else on the forum. It wasn't a small group of posters either.

We have seen this for over 14 years on Websleuths. When a big case goes cold all hell can break loose and usually does.

Please respect our decisions and our rules. If you have any questions please send a private message.

Thank you,
Tricia

Posts about DN have been removed. He is not an officially named POI or suspect in Tim's case. Do not continue to discuss him in this thread.

Reminder: If you have a question for WS staff, use the Alert feature so we see your question. Mods/Admin don't sit in each thread to monitor it post-by-post 24/7. If you Alert, someone will get to you as soon as they can. If you don't Alert, we don't necessarily know that you have a question.

Also, posts soliciting PMs are not allowed as per The Rules.

Last edited:
Sorry about that @SillyBilly. Do you think I should start a thread for him, or just delete him from my list altogether? It looks like he will be free or actually already is free to go where he wants. All that was left were his children & divorce. I believe I'll just delete him....

TIA!

When was he removed as a poi in TW case? I must have missed that. Sorry SB. Is there a link we can put on the thread ?

I will alert on this post for your info. TY.

When was he removed as a poi in TW case? I must have missed that. Sorry SB. Is there a link we can put on the thread ?

I will alert on this post for your info. TY.

DN was never officially named a POI or suspect in Tim's case. In February, Tricia posted in the Delphi thread:

YES. DN, DANIAL NATIONS IS NOW NO LONGER A SUSPECT THEREFORE WE NEED TO MOVE ON AND NOT DISCUSS HIM ANYMORE

[h=1]Daniel Nations "not someone we care a whole lot about at this time" in Delphi investigation[/h]
https://www.theindychannel.com/news...about-at-this-time-in-delphi-investigation .
No more discussion of Daniel Nations, please.

Thank you,
Tricia

And why would the trajectories and wounds give away anything to the public?

I guess a false confession could be something like " yes I did it - I shot his tyre out and then I went and shot him twice in the face " but those bullet holes were already reported as well as the .22 calibre weapon.

There could be defensive wounds that could be indicative of a particular weapon used also, like a knife, for example.

MOO

Last edited:
Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member