Welcome To Websleuths # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

I will be back on later today and address your issues. Thank you for your patience. I really appreciate it.

Tricia

Thanks again.
Sorry, with my delayed reply.
The young girl was found safe.:)

For several days now, all my websleuths sites, have incorrect times for posts
ie, it states my posts, and others, are several hours off.o_O
Anyone else, have this problem?
Hope will be fixed.

Yes, I have and I’ve noticed it on several other members as well. I posted a screenshot up thread.

Currently I am experiencing Alert malfunction.

Yup -- and I've been out of school a very long time:D;)!!

How do you know you have demerit points?
Wonder, if I am naughty and don't know.
But I have noticed, sometimes my likes decrease.
I thought 'likes decreased' when posters decide not to like, and edit their previous like.
So is there a spot for demerits, as we have likes, and trophy points?
One time, I noticed, loads of likes decreased, and have no idea why!!
Perhaps we need to be informed, what we are doing incorrectly.
Guess, 'stand in corner', not knowing why.:(
So, if I am unaware, I just continue, as iso_O and then 'more serious stuff, like 'detention', in joining others.:cool:

FYI I was able to access it ok.
(Current thread 11)
Previous threads don't work and I noticed some former members on thread 11 so perhaps older threads have been disabled for some reason due to problems.
I just read through Whitney Heichel's 1st 4 threads, but got a "you don't have permission to ..." when I clicked on the 5th. So I'm really confused; any insight on why this seems so random?
Thanks!

Where do you find out how many warning points we have? Also, it doesn't tell you anywhere how long your time out is for when you have one (I know, we shouldn't be getting them, but if we do, we need to know?)

@Tricia @WS Admin @sillybilly

WARNING... WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...WARNING

This message is my humble attempt to return the thread to a valid question by @AnaPisces, and apologize for my British upbringing. I believe I may have added confusion with a non-existent TOS Violation category when I referred to what WS clearly calls "Warning Points" as "Demerits." If you're knocking yourself out looking for a conversation title "Demerits" in your Alerts or Inbox , please stop as they only apply (self-imposed) to Brits (and worthy characters from the Office)...:cool:

As to notification of "Warning Points" issued to you, my personal experience was a short, polite
"Conversation" delivered to my Inbox that read something like:

"2 Warning points: Posting quotes from the social media accounts of private individuals. Please read The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc."

Also, if I remember correctly, the "C
onversation Title" referenced the name of thread where violation occurred. I recognize myself a novice with you good people here, and will conclude with Tricia's own (violation) Summary, courtesy of one in the know.

Courtesy of @Gooddeads (please see post #202 up thread):

[Snip]...
"Whenever you get any points given to you because of a violation you will automatically get a

notification. In the notification will be the warning and how many points are now on your account

because of TOS violation ...

Most infractions are 1 to 2 points. The points drop off after 30 days.

If you get 5 points or more in a 30 day period you get an automatic time out. (BBM)

I am setting up my computer. When I am finished I will post more and give more examples ."

Thanks,
Tricia

[End of quote]...

Last edited:
How do you know you have demerit points?
Wonder, if I am naughty and don't know.
But I have noticed, sometimes my likes decrease.
I thought 'likes decreased' when posters decide not to like, and edit their previous like.
So is there a spot for demerits, as we have likes, and trophy points?
One time, I noticed, loads of likes decreased, and have no idea why!!
Perhaps we need to be informed, what we are doing incorrectly.
Guess, 'stand in corner', not knowing why.:(
So, if I am unaware, I just continue, as iso_O and then 'more serious stuff, like 'detention', in joining others.:cool:

Actually, I do favor "Detention" with an Aussie. Always good company! :D

WARNING... WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...WARNING

This message is my humble attempt to return the thread to a valid question by @AnaPisces, and apologize for my British upbringing. I believe I may have added confusion with a non-existent TOS Violation category when I referred to what WS clearly calls "Warning Points" as "Demerits." If you're knocking yourself out looking for a conversation title "Demerits" in your Alerts or Inbox , please stop as they only apply (self-imposed) to Brits (and worthy characters from the Office)...:cool:

As to notification of "Warning Points" issued to you, my personal experience was a short, polite
"Conversation" delivered to my Inbox that read something like:

"2 Warning points: Posting quotes from the social media accounts of private individuals. Please read The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc."

Also, if I remember correctly, the "C
onversation Title" referenced the name of thread where violation occurred. I recognize myself a novice with you good people here, and will conclude with Tricia's own (violation) Summary, courtesy of one in the know.

Courtesy of @Gooddeads (please see post #202 up thread):

[Snip]...
"Whenever you get any points given to you because of a violation you will automatically get a

notification. In the notification will be the warning and how many points are now on your account

because of TOS violation ...

Most infractions are 1 to 2 points. The points drop off after 30 days.

If you get 5 points or more in a 30 day period you get an automatic time out. (BBM)

I am setting up my computer. When I am finished I will post more and give more examples ."

Thanks,
Tricia

[End of quote]...

Where do you find your infractions? : how many do you have?
Or do you just get a surprise, and you're 'out'.
I have received Alerts, and want to know my 'status', as need to hang around, as following Trials earnestly.

My Alert, followed banter, so Seattle, you cannot make a joke.

Where do you find your infractions? : how many do you have?
Or do you just get a surprise, and you're 'out'.
I have received Alerts, and want to know my 'status', as need to hang around, as following Trials earnestly.

My Alert, followed banter, so Seattle, you cannot make a joke.

@tmar

1) I suggest you contact a moderator directly, and express that your inquiry is urgent;

2) Per the violation summary (by Tricia) cited in my post #229, Member will be on "Time Out" if you receive 5 "warning points" or more within 30 days;

3) Warning points expire after 30 days.

4) Per 2 & 3 above, there is "no surprise and your're out."

5) I have no further knowledge about violation warning points and/or where they are tracked, posted, or kept.

This site can’t be reached
www.websleuths.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Happened at 7:08 pm EST. Had the same thing happen at least two dozen times today.

ETA: The is the only site I've experienced problems with today.

Is this new system made to log us out when we click a link in a post?

I am having to log in every time I leave WS and return. The “Keep me logged in” button is checked, but to no avail.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me? It drives me crazy!

This site can’t be reached
www.websleuths.com took too long to respond.

Try:

ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Happened at 7:08 pm EST. Had the same thing happen at least two dozen times today.

ETA: The is the only site I've experienced problems with today.

I had this happened to me at 3:44pm EET (that's Eastern European Time) yesterday (7/21/18) - so about 7:44pm ET.

Okay - I just saw that I had 4 posts deleted - are those "warnings" - did I get any "bad points" against me??
animated-smileys-sad-004.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members