Germany - 14 injured in mass stabbing on a bus - Luebeck, 20 July 2018

The knifeman has a German passport, he is originally from Iran. He was in the German army. Background of the attack remains unclear.
My guess is that this has no connection to terrorism and is "simply" an "ordinary" rampager- of which there is sadly far too many of .

Iranians are overwhelmingly Shia moslems and Shias are no friends of Sunni Jihadis (ISIS , Al Queda etc). Furthermore, he was in the German army and thus not likely a recent immigrant.

Twa Fryske jongeren ferwûne by stekpartij yn Lübeck | Omrop Fryslân

The victim still in hospital was stabbed by the perpetrator. A young man from the Frisian group of friends, Tirath Ganpat (22), said that at one point he saw a burning bag in the bus: "Then I heard behind me that people were panicking, because there was also fire in the back. I thought the bus would explode. I grabbed two older people and we ran out of the bus."

"One of my friends then went back to the bus, because he wanted to get someone out. The first thing I saw then was that a man turned to my friend, lashed at him and stabbed him just below his neck. He started bleeding quite severely. Our other two friends joined us. Then we set off on the road, stopped a car and called the emergency number. Then came the police and the fire brigade with a first aid kit."

A young woman from the group of friends was also injured, but she is doing fine.

The boy who was stabbed is now in hospital. "I was really terrified and I am still very afraid that there is something wrong with our friend," Ganpat says. "We will be going there as quickly as possible. His parents are already there."

A total of ten people were injured. The suspect has been arrested.

BBM

Lübecker Busfahrer über die Messer-Attacke

The bus driver of the line bus, Peter Spoth, was already able to give information about the events. In an interview with "dpa" he reports: "Just before a bend, some ladies started screaming: 'Fire, fire, here's a psycho! Then I look into the rear-view mirror - and actually see flames. So I pulled over to the right and opened the doors. So that passengers could get out, reasonably safe. And the hinged joint started to burn. Then I tried to use the extinguisher I had on board to put it out."

The eyewitness continues: "Suddenly I get one in the face. With something from the perpetrator. He didn't want me to extinguish it."

Bodo Z. (74) from Lübeck was on the bus. The former carpenter to BILD: "I wanted to go to Travemünde to play outdoor chess. A colleague and I were sitting on the left back behind the joint. I had noticed the man because he was dressed way too warm. He wore a shirt, sweater, jacket with a fur collar. Suddenly there was smoke in the front of the bus, there was commotion.

Then the man ran back, stabbed a person in a wheelchair. Then he went at my chess friend who was sitting on the side of the corridor. He got a stab in the shoulder. Then everyone got off the bus, there were screams. I'm out too, I thought I had to act, found a thick branch outside. I saw two men grappling with the assailant on the bus. Then I hit him on the head with the branch. Then there was silence."

The area around a bus stop in the district of Kücknitz has been cordoned off.

BBM

http://www.lc.nl/friesland/Friese-ooggetuige-over-steekpartij-in-bus-Lübeck-Ik-keek-om-en-zag-een-mes-23392333.html

Two Frisian men were injured during the stabbing in a line bus in Lübeck. One of them is still in intensive care in the hospital.

The victims were on holiday with another Frisian man and a Frisian woman, according to the woman with whom the Leeuwarder Courant spoke. Her name is known to the editors.

The two wounded men are both 21 years of age, the Dutch embassy in Germany confirms to the NOS.

The four, all about the same age, knew each other from their school years at the Christian Gymnasium Beyers Naudé in Leeuwarden, the woman tells. "We were on holiday together in Hamburg and were planning to spend a day at the beach."

In the bus a man walked past her leg with a backpack. "We were in the middle of the bus. I felt that the backpack was very hot, and saw flames." She then ran to the front of the bus to warn the driver.

"Then I looked back and saw a knife."

One of her friends is in a serious condition, the other had a stab wound in the shoulder. That only needed to be stitched. Parents of the victims are now in the hospital, she says.

The woman is very worried about the condition of her travelling companion in intensive care. "There's nothing wrong with me, but I'm very shocked."

The 34-year-old German perpetrator injured a total of ten people. According to the German police, nothing is yet known about his motive. The German newspaper Lübecker Nachrichten spoke with several eyewitnesses of the stabbing.

BBM

Messerattacke in Lübeck: Haftbefehl wegen Mordversuchs - Angreifer schweigt - WELT

One day after the knife attack on a bus in Lübeck, an arrest warrant was issued against the attacker for attempted murder. This was announced by the public prosecutor's office and the police headquarters in Lübeck. The attacker did not comment on the allegations during the hearing before a judge at the district court in Lübeck. The 34-year-old, a German born in Iran, is strongly suspected of injuring ten people in a city bus on Friday with a knife, among other things.

The public prosecutor's office and police are still puzzling over his motive. According to current information, there is "clearly no terrorist background, neither in his person nor in the environment investigated so far," according to Schleswig-Holstein's Minister of the Interior Hans-Joachim Grote.

BBM

IMHO the stabbings themselves are sufficient indication of the motive. German authorities have this absurd preoccupation with classification. The stabbings happened and the man tried to set the bus on fire. This stabbing is a racist hate crime. These stabbings were unknown in Germany before 2015.

This stabbing is a racist hate crime. These stabbings were unknown in Germany before 2015.

It's not impossible that this man could have been radicalised by a recently arrived migrant, though it's almost certain that as an Iranian he is shia and AFAIK there is no shia-inspired terrorism in Europe so far. One has to wonder if there's something going on.

It's not impossible that this man could have been radicalised by a recently arrived migrant, though it's almost certain that as an Iranian he is shia and AFAIK there is no shia-inspired terrorism in Europe so far. One has to wonder if there's something going on.

Radicalisation can happen online too. If the man was in poor mental condition as his father claims, inspiration would have been enough. Suicide is a no-no in islam, but take a bunch of unbelievers with you and the doors of paradise will open.

I have my doubts about the neighbours are chasing me story. There must be more to it, because after yelling to the neighbours, attacking a bus with 70 persons in it is NOT an obvious next step.

This attack may look clumsy, but there was a clear degree of planning. The driver had the presence of mind a) to stop the bus and b) to open the doors so that the passengers could leave. If not, the bus would have been filled with smoke. Inside the bus, more passengers would have been stabbed or affected by fire and smoke inhalation, and outside the bus, in traffic, there might have been another disaster.

The stabber was in a lengthy custody fight with his ex-partner and had not been allowed to see his daughter for a long time. I wonder why that was.

Haftbefehl nach Messer-Attacke in Linienbus - Polizei durchsucht Wohnungen in Lübeck

On Friday evening, officers searched two apartments in Lübeck. The perpetrator is said to have lived in a two-room apartment with his father. An explosive detection dog was in action. Two PCs and several objects were carried out of the house in boxes by the forensics department.

BBM

Messerattacke in Lübeck: Angreifer in Untersuchungshaft

After knife rampage: Attacker in custody

According to the police, an arrest warrant has been issued for the man who injured several people with a knife in a Lübeck city bus yesterday afternoon. The charges of the prosecution are: Suspicion of attempted malicious murder by dangerous means in combination with dangerous bodily injury, bodily injury and attempted particularly serious arson. The man now has to go into pre-trial custody. Lübeck's Chief Prosecutor Ulla Hingst informs that he did not want to comment any further on what had happened.

"We do not yet know what the suspect's motive was," Chief Prosecutor Hingst told NDR 1 Welle Nord on Saturday. So far, however, investigators have not seen any evidence of an attempted terrorist attack. The public prosecutor's office has not yet been able to confirm speculations about serious psychological problems either. Further information on the knife attack will probably be available in the course of next week.

According to police, investigators have evaluated the video recordings from the bus. This leads to the suspicion that the man wanted to set the bus on fire and would have accepted the death of many people.
It also fits that accelerants were found in the man's backpack. In view of a man seriously injured by a knife wound, there is a suspicion of attempted malicious murder. According to the police, the life of the 21-year-old victim could be saved by an emergency operation lasting several hours. At the moment his life is out of danger.

The knife attack occurred on bus number 30, which was on the country road towards Travemünde. Ulla Hingst, Chief Prosecutor of Lübeck, says at least ten people were injured. Five victims had to be taken to hospital.

According to current findings, the bus driver observed in the rearview mirror that a man put a backpack on the bus from which smoke was emerging. The driver stopped the bus and opened the doors so that the passengers could get to safety, it was said. Then the driver ran to the man - and was attacked by him - with a punch in the face. Nevertheless, the driver was able to extinguish the fire, police reported. Afterwards, the man attacked other passengers with a knife with a 13-centimeter blade, Chief Prosecutor Ulla Hingst informed. According to Hingst, passengers were able to overpower the alleged perpetrator. Police and emergency services were on site with a large contingent of 142 members of the emergency services. Investigators report that the explosive ordnance clearance squad found accelerants in the backpack, but no explosives.

The police informs that many bus passengers and witnesses left the scene before their identities could be recorded. They are "urgently requested " to contact the officials on (0451) 290 793 19 or (0451) 290 793 03. The number (0451) 290 793 19 was also set up by the police as a public telephone.

According to the public prosecutor's office, the man is a 34-year-old man from Lübeck who was born in Iran. There was currently no evidence of a terrorist background. The motive is unclear. Investigators say there are no indications of a political radicalization of the man. However, since investigations are being conducted in all directions, state security services are also involved.

BBM

Andreas O. wurde bei Messer-Attacke in Lübecker Linienbus verletzt - Wie ich dem Attentäter entkam

2.bild.jpg

He's lying on the sidewalk in shock. There's blood dripping down his leg. Shortly before that, he was attacked on the bus by a knife-attacker.

Andreas O. (47) from Mönchengladbach (NRW) is one of the ten victims who were wounded by German-Iranian Ali D. (34) on the bus line 30 in Lübeck. In an interview with BILD, Andreas O. describes the moment when the attack began on Friday at 1.47 pm.

"Suddenly there was a tumult, smoke began to rise," recalls Andreas O. The perpetrator had lit his backpack full of ethanol.

"Then he came running at us with a knife. He hit like a madman, went after passengers, stabbed them." The man, who is on holiday in Lübeck with his fiancée Nicole S. (42), fought back: "He stabbed me in the leg several times".

The bus stopped, the doors opened. The knifeman and many passengers ran into the road. Andreas O. also dragged himself out - but the attack wasn't over yet!

The equipment and plant mechanic: "Outside he continued. He kept aiming his fist and knife at people's faces." Finally, other passengers overwhelmed the assassin - arrest!

Andreas O. was taken to hospital: "I lost a lot of blood. But it's a pure flesh wound. I was very lucky."

Maikel H. (25) was also sitting in the bus, experiencing the horror up close: "I saw a skirmish and something was burning. "Suddenly a man with a knife ran through the bus and stabbed people indiscriminately."

The bus driver stopped and immediately opened all the doors. When the perpetrator approaches Maikel, he does not hesitate for long: "I kicked him twice. A woman threw herself in my direction. I pushed her off the bus and jumped after her. "If she hadn't leaped at me, I might have been stabbed."

After the perpetrator was tied up on the ground, Maikel approached him and asked: "Why do you do this? He said: " That's what Germany made me do."

Perpetrator Ali D. is in custody for attempted murder and remains silent. His lawyer Oliver Dedow (51) told BILD: "My client has regrets. I suspect he suffers a mental illness."

BBM

Angriff in Lübeck: Polizei sucht Zeugen

The motive for the bloody knife attack in Lübeck continues to be unknown. The alleged assailant still does not comment on the act.
"He remains silent on the allegations," said Ulla Hingst, spokeswoman for the public prosecutor's office, on Monday. Now witnesses are being sought.

Ten people were injured in the attack on a public bus on Friday. The suspect, a 34-year-old German-Iranian, has been in pre-trial custody since Saturday for attempted murder, among other things.

Of the victims, only one 21-year-old Dutchman is still in hospital, Hingst said. He, too, is on the road to recovery. The man had arrived at the clinic on Friday with severe stab wounds. There were five more injured in the hospital on Friday evening. Schleswig-Holstein's interior minister Hans-Joachim Grote (CDU) had already ruled out a terrorist background for the crime on Friday evening.

The question of whether and to what extent the accused has psychological problems remains unresolved in this context. "We currently have no evidence that his guilt could have been waived in the course of the commission of the crime," Hingst affirmed on Monday.

In order to investigate this question, a psychiatric expert is to be assigned with the assessment. However, this will not happen this week. First of all, it should be clarified which expert would be available. "The psychiatric experts are all very busy," Hingst said. Then the defence must be given the opportunity to comment on the selection of the expert. And: Since the accused does not have to testify and does not have to burden himself, he is also not obliged to speak to an expert. The defender must also discuss this with his client. "The further course also depends on this," Hingst said.

Investigators also hope that more witnesses will come forward. The police had recorded the identities of 20 to 25 witnesses. 17 of them have now been questioned. "Our investigators have therefore pushed ahead with the questioning of witnesses", said Hingst. So far, however, only five other witnesses have come forward. According to the driver, there were about 70 passengers on the bus, so many left without statements. "We are urgently dependent on their statements," Hingst said.

The 34-year-old is also accused of dangerous bodily injury, bodily harm and attempted particularly serious arson. According to the police and public prosecutor's office, the man first lit a backpack on the bus and then stabbed around indiscriminately with a knife. Passengers finally overpowered the man and handed him over to the police.

BBM

This is German bureaucracy at its finest. The attacker does not speak, and the motive remains unclear, yet the minister of the interior of Schleswig Holstein already knows that it wasn't a terror attack. MSM repeat this claim and no questions asked. The case has almost disappeared from public view.

Unfortunately, all psychiatrists are busy ~ with what? one wonders since no one is obliged to speak with them anyway.

Meanwhile, the incidents with confused knife-wielding islamic men multiply, but these are all isolated incidents or Einzelfälle as the Germans say. The list of Einzelfälle is long, and growing.

Busfahrer: „Ich wollte, dass alle in Sicherheit sind“

On the outside, the wounds of Peter Spoth (62) are hardly visible, except for a few dark spots on the lip. That was ruptured after the attack on his bus on Friday. "And the nose isn't broken either," he notes. "The doctor thinks it'll heal on its own." But there are deeper traces of the day when the German-Iranian Ali D. (34) tried to set the bus on fire, then pulled out a knife and injured ten people. "It keeps coming up," says Spoth. "And I see all the people who are injured." The images won't let him go. "I can't say I'm sleeping all night."

Peter Spoth sits in a café in Lübeck-Kücknitz, his home district, in front of him a black coffee. The sun is shining and the bus driver is wearing a fresh, white shirt. What a contrast with the pictures taken after the attack. They show him with a bloodstained face and a blood-spattered shirt.

He'll never forget what happened. "I left for Travemünde on Friday at the ZOB at 1.15 pm," recalls Spoth. Up to the Solmitzstraße in Kücknitz everything was normal. "The bus was pretty full. All seats were occupied. Some people were standing." At the stop in front of the Aldi on Solmitzstraße, he had loaded a wheelchair. "A lot of people got in, even in the middle of the articulated bus, and I can't look beyond that."

Spoth drives off again - but he only gets a few hundred meters away. "Suddenly two ladies ran forward screaming. They shouted: "A psycho!" and "fire!" As he looks into the inside mirror, he sees flames in the middle of the accordion joint. "They were almost three feet high."

Quickly, Spoth stops the bus on the right side of the road. "I opened all the doors and shouted: All passengers get off the bus now! And get away from the bus!'"
Spoth watches most of the passengers fleeing the vehicle, some in panic, he hears screams. "I ran backwards because the wheelchair user was still sitting there." Passengers help him to lift the handicapped person out. Meanwhile, the fire is getting bigger. It's already blazing up to half the height of the bus. "The plastic of the joint began to melt and drip onto the road." Spoth runs forward and grabs the large powder fire extinguisher. "Everything was already pretty smoky." He manages to discharge two or three quenches at the area of fire. Suddenly the perpetrator stands in front of him and hits him in the face. "He must have had an object in his hand," Spoth suspects. Because the blow is so violent that he falls backwards on his buttocks. "I felt the blood running down my face."

He is able to recognize the perpetrator, who apparently wants to go after him again. "He shouted: "Fire not out" or something." He speaks broken German, the perpetrator has a dark complexion and wears a thick jacket. Spoth points the fire extinguisher at the man, but at that moment courageous passengers grab the perpetrator and drag him off the bus into the bushes. "I kept spraying," Spoth says. He succeeds in suffocating the flames. "I thought, "Well, you did it. And people are all out." He is all the more horrified when he notices the many bleeding victims as he gets out of the car. "It was terrible to see that." Police and emergency services have arrived. He hadn't notice the knife and the danger he himself was in on the bus.

He's given a green sign saying he's slightly injured. "I called my wife and told her I was in the clear. Only the shirt would be filthy - and the undershirt."
Once more he went into the bus to get a handbag for a lady. "She said it had everything in it, IDs, money and all." He finds the bag covered with extinguishing powder, the handle torn off. "I saw a green bottle at the scene of the fire, there must have been ethanol in it. You could smell that too."

It could have been a lot worse, he thinks, even for him. "Just a year ago, I had a major bypass operation on my heart. That was my wife's main concern." He remains silent for a moment. "You know," he says, "I'm not a hero. My wife is a hero to me. I just wanted to put out the fire. And that all the people were safe. That was my thought from the beginning. That's what I was focused on. That's all."

BBM

The alleged attacker is 34. He came to Germany at the age of 6. He went to school in Germany. He served in the army. How come he would speak broken German?

This is German bureaucracy at its finest. The attacker does not speak, and the motive remains unclear, yet the minister of the interior of Schleswig Holstein already knows that it wasn't a terror attack. MSM repeat this claim and no questions asked. The case has almost disappeared from public view.

I suspect this is due to the German authorities desperately trying to keep a lid on a problem they have allowed to happen. They are terrified of popular anger and a political backlash with a swing to the far right.

I've seen reports that the authorities in Sweden are in denial about the number of rapes being carried out in the country now. Apparently a Swedish woman has a 25% chance of being violently* raped in her life, and 75% of violent rapes are carried out by Muslim and African immigrants. So a Swedish woman has around an 18% chance of being raped at some time in her life by a Muslim or African immigrant.

* In Sweden, a man can be charged with rape if he cannot show that the woman actively consented to sex, hence there are non-violent rapes due to consent being insufficently clear. The most famous case is that of Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks, currently holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.

Weniger Menschen im Bus als angenommen

There were fewer people on the bus than assumed

During the knife attack in a public bus in Lübeck there were fewer passengers on the bus than initially assumed. The questioning of witnesses showed that there were about 50 people on the bus at the time of the crime, according to the spokeswoman of the Lübeck public prosecutor's office, Ulla Hingst, on Wednesday.

The bus driver had initially reported about 70 passengers.

Ten people were injured in the attack on Friday. The suspect, a 34-year-old German-Iranian, is in custody on suspicion of attempted murder. He is said to have set fire to the bus and then stabbed passengers indiscriminately with a knife. The defendant remains silent about the accusations, Hingst said.

The authorities still rule out any terrorist background. A psychiatric expert is to clarify the question of the suspect's guilt. It has not yet been decided when the task could be assigned, Hingst said.

BBM

Still searching for a psychiatrist in Lübeck ....... meanwhile, we wonder why no newspaper has taken the time to locate the ex-wife? My life with the bus- stabber. "With a soft voice, the woman who does not want to be named, speaks to our reporter about her time with the father of her young daughter....."
It is the silly season after all and even if it wasn't, journalists have been known to work on cases.

What is going on here? What is this runaround of having to find a psychiatrist? I am reminded of an eerily similar case in Toronto. Took an entire day before the identity of the shooter became known, and behold! at the same time his family issued a statement: the shooter had suffered from psychiatric problems all his life.
Fortunately, someone did his work and discovered the ISIS-connection, a connection that was later confirmed by ISIS.

IMHO we now see the German press join the authorities at an unprecedented level.

I suspect this is due to the German authorities desperately trying to keep a lid on a problem they have allowed to happen. They are terrified of popular anger and a political backlash with a swing to the far right.

I've seen reports that the authorities in Sweden are in denial about the number of rapes being carried out in the country now. Apparently a Swedish woman has a 25% chance of being violently* raped in her life, and 75% of violent rapes are carried out by Muslim and African immigrants. So a Swedish woman has around an 18% chance of being raped at some time in her life by a Muslim or African immigrant.

* In Sweden, a man can be charged with rape if he cannot show that the woman actively consented to sex, hence there are non-violent rapes due to consent being insufficently clear. The most famous case is that of Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks, currently holed up in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London.
Sorry, but it really sounds like you're pulling these accusations out of nowhere. You haven't backed up any of your 'statistics' with links to reputable sources - and they sound like pure nonsense. 75% of rapes in Sweden done by Muslim/African immigrants? 7 out of 10 rapes are committed by someone the victim knows, so that can't be even remotely true. (Perpetrators of Sexual Violence: Statistics | RAINN) (whilst this is for the US, the stats don't vary much when it comes to how many knew their rapist beforehand) Sweden's number of rapes are a problem in the reporting statistics. What Sweden classifies as rape is different to what most countries classify as rape - and as you said, a man can be charged with rape very easily. Plus, Swedish women are more likely to report rape than women in most other countries. Correlation doesn't equal causation. Just like the rise in autism doesn't mean there's more autistic people - it just means there's better diagnosing going on.

Unfortunately it is simply a fundamental (hah) part of the Muslim psyche - Muslims are always victims regardless of the situation or circumstances.

There is also a thread of extreme paranoia in some Islamic societies. The main reason why the campaign to eradicate polio has stalled in Pakistan and Afghanistan is a widespread belief that the polio drops are really intended to sterilise Muslims.
This is a highly offensive and very generalised thing to say. Frankly, I'm disgusted that it's apparently okay to say stuff like that on this website and paint everyone of one religion with the same brush. 24% of the world's population are Muslim. Are you really trying, with all seriousness, to say that twenty-four percent of the world thinks that they're 'always victims'? Would you say the same of any other religion? Would you say anything about Christians all being one thing or another, psychologically? No, because everyone is an individual. Not only is everyone an individual, but there are many different types of Christians just as there are many different types of Muslim. The paranoia stalling polio vaccines can be seen in many places. It's because of a lack of education, not paranoid Muslims. It happens in Christian African countries, and in some parts of the US. Anti-vaccers, anyone?

It sounds like the perpetrator here was mentally ill. I suspect that he hasn't had any radicalisation (as others have said, Sunni Muslims such as ISIS dislike Shia Muslims such as Iranians) but has possibly seen a lot of media talk about the subject which has triggered him to do this. Whilst I'm not sure we can trust what his dad said, his dad did say he wasn't religious. A fair amount of second, third etc generation people from traditionally Muslim countries never attend mosque and don't abide by any of the religious rules. I hope all of the victims pull through.

This is just my own opinion.
I have personally had good and bad experiences with our refugees from Muslim countries. At the place I work I am having 3 colleagues from Syria , all of them are male, ages 20+. They study here, are learning german, are polite, no problems. I have many friends and aquaintances with muslim background. We don't agree on everything, but that is normal.
On the other hand, when I am walking on my own somewhere and meet a group of those immigrants/refugees it can happen that things can get quite uncomfortable.
I just cannot decide what to think about it...

I really hope that the mods will start taking care of the many posts expressing outright bigotry like this.

If you are referring to my post, please explain:)

Last edited:
No, not yours. It dismays me that people seem to be allowed to say anything they want about people who are of the Muslim faith, regardless of whether it's true or not. I know that bigotry against religions like Christianity and Judaism would not be tolerated. It doesn't have any place here. There are so many places online that provide a platform for bigotry--I hate to think that the reputation of WS is suffering because of this kind of thing, much less how it affects others, particularly the people who are being slandered.

Blackbox KW 29 – Merkel ist dann mal weg (in die Ferien)

Because the knifeman from Lübeck with the smoking backpack has not yet made an official statement, the case is filed under "mental problems".
It remains to be seen how the courageous pensioner Bodo Z. will be dealt with, who hit the lunatic with a thick branch over the turnip ("Then there was silence..."). Cross of Merit for Civil Courage? Or an assault charge?

BBM

You never know these days ....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail