GUILTY LA - Levi Cole Ellerbe, 6 mos, kidnapped, burned to death, Natchitoches, 17 Jul 2018 *arrests*

Are the other kids hers, or do they all just have the same father? <modsnip: sleuthing social media of family is against The Rules>

<modsnip> Since Levi was only 6 months old I assume the sisters belonged to mom & dad together or either one of them from previous relationships. I wouldn't think it was with the current wife though.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: snipped quote and reference to it>

If the baby was alive when found, I really don't see how the fire could have been burning for very long.

I know you know this.... but the first thing that came to mind was even 5 seconds was too long. Burns are so unbelievably painful.

I cannot even imagine the mother and the nightmares she must be having about what her baby went through. If it was me and he was my only child, I wouldn't be alive long after this. How horrendous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow. This woman who saw the fire and reported it.... omg if that was me I'd be feeling so horrible that I didn't go check it out. I hope all these people are more psychologically able to cope than I am! This would destroy me.

North Louisiana baby who died after kidnapping, fire to be buried Friday

I can't read the article, probably due to the restrictions on website visitors from the EU.

A post on the last page says that the fire was at a barn? Does the article say any more about the place where the fire was? I was having images of a baby on a pyre of sticks, but I'm now wondering if the baby was placed in or near a barn and the barn was torched?

This is confusing to me because no barn was mentioned in the video I saw of the witness who called in the fire. She said it looked like someone had set the railroad tracks on fire.

ETA: Of course there could have been more than one witness.

The baby's mother reported the 6-month-old as missing after she said two men knocked on her door and then sprayed her with mace in the Mayberry Trailer Park.

Later, officials found the baby in a fire burning next to some railroad tracks on Breda Avenue. Ellerbe later died at University Health in Shreveport.

As the investigation continues, the coroner's office told KTBS in Shreveport that the cause of death is pending and that it could take up to a month for the results of an autopsy to come back.

Funeral set for Natchitoches baby burned after reported kidnapping

I can't read the article, probably due to the restrictions on website visitors from the EU.

A post on the last page says that the fire was at a barn? Does the article say any more about the place where the fire was? I was having images of a baby on a pyre of sticks, but I'm now wondering if the baby was placed in or near a barn and the barn was torched?

This is confusing to me because no barn was mentioned in the video I saw of the witness who called in the fire. She said it looked like someone had set the railroad tracks on fire.

ETA: Of course there could have been more than one witness.
I'm having the opposite problem--I can't find a mention of the barn. I even tried a page search.

Anyway, I thought I'd add the following--an image showing smoke and crime scene tape. I think the smoke may be from the next day when the fire broke out again. I'm not sure, but wonder if it could indicate a fire accelerant was used? I have heard they can make a fire harder to put out, often causing flare-ups.

Natchitoches+burned+baby.JPG

Image from: Natchitoches baby dies from burns after kidnapping

While I am here, there are a couple of other things maybe worth mentioning:

1) Below is the direct link for the Google Map inserted in the Shreveport Times article linked in other comments above. You can always zoom in and take a quick look that way.
Google Maps

2)
I thought the following was interesting. If the person was never caught, could it be the same individual at play; or could it indicate a "copy cat crime"?

Snipped and transcribed from about 2:10 minutes in of the video:
Reporter: And, believe it or not, just 12 years ago police say a similar crime happened right here in Natchitoches. A boy—a baby—was abducted and later found burned in another parish.
Natchitoches PD: Baby kidnapped, burned to death

3)
I hope it's okay to confirm the following with a MSM link. Also in the video at same link, the great-grandmother makes a brief statement. You can hear her the heartbreak in her voice, although she doesn't mention the following point. (It only appears in the write-up).

Snipped:
We also spoke to Susan Straughn, the great-grandmother of the baby who died in the incident. She told News Channel 5 the news is hard to hear, and the infant was the only child of the mother. Straughn also encourages the public to help police by providing any information they can to solve the case, and not to draw conclusions on what they think happened.
Natchitoches baby dies from burns after kidnapping

6-month-old boy kidnapped, burned to death in north Louisiana: police

Kidnapping leads to homicide

At approximately 9:10 p.m. on July 17 NPD received a 911 call in reference to a 6 month old baby being taken from a residence in Mayberry Trailer Park. Officers arrived and spoke with the mother of the child who advised that two unknown subjects came to her trailer and began beating on her door. She stated upon opening the door she was sprayed in the face with a substance she believed to be mace. She immediately fled the residence to get away from the attackers and upon circling back discovered the baby missing.
Officers began immediately searching the area and called in additional officers from the Natchitoches Police Department, Natchitoches Parish Sheriff’s 0ffice, Louisiana State Police and Northwestern State University Police Department. Natchitoches Fire Department was called to the scene to check the mother out.
At approximately 10:20 p.m. NPD received a report of a fire near Breda Ave and upon arrival discovered a baby approximately 6 months of age with obvious burns about his body. The baby was transported to NRMC in critical condition. He was then airlifted to University Health where he later succumbed to his injuries. This investigation is continuing, further information will be given at a later time.
Approved for release by Chief Dove Date:7/18/18

Natchitoches Police Department

(Just seeing this! :( :( :( :(
Reading now, with a huge sick knot in my gut, and hinky meter firing...this is sooo horrible....poor little baby...who on earth can do something like this?? Sick!!! :( :( :( I’m angry. I have some thoughts but will read further before shooting my mouth off)

Seems like this is the local news. It has a map and maybe a few details. Hopefully this is considered msm.
Police: Baby dead after kidnapping, fire in Natchitoches
Additionally from the above link:

“NATCHITOCHES — The obituary for Levi Cole Ellerbe describes the 6-month-old boy as a happy "chunky monkey" who loved to pull the ears of his dog.“

—//

If the baby was alive when found, I really don't see how the fire could have been burning for very long.

I haaaaate this thread:( :( :(

——
Question as I catch up, if anyone here has seen in a prior case a kidnapping of a baby who is then tortured and killed, please let me know. Not trying to be O/T, just trying to get some mental reference here. My thoughts at this time is A)This is all BS or B) This is come sort of revenge killing.

ETA: I can’t imagine a mother burning her own baby alive. Killing the baby, then covering it up, yes, we’ve seen that a million times, but...
Sorry I’ll shut up and read. As hard as it is to read.

Last edited:
Wow, what a horrifying end for this poor baby.

While I don't want to violate TOS or anything, it's highly likely this poor baby's tragic death is a direct result of something one of his parents is involved with. Babies don't make enemies. Parents do.

I hope an arrest and justice is VERY swift in this case.

O/T, seeing this, not sure if the timeline matches up or that this has anything to do with this, I’m so flustered I can barely think:

RPSO searching for escaped inmate, considered dangerous
Note kidnapping on his list of charges

(Ps putting myself in timeout..who the :;())”@$ Burns a baby alive..the alleged kidnappers had to have known there was a baby in there, no way this is random imo. ;(&:$

Possible Drug connection? (Cough)

Last edited:
Question as I catch up, if anyone here has seen in a prior case a kidnapping of a baby who is then tortured and killed, please let me know.
This is the kind of stuff you‘d normally see in India or somewhere in Africa but I found these cases:

Random. Not tortured, but killed:
Man kidnapped and killed three-week-old girl and shot her parents

Not random. Not killed, but tortured and left to die:
https://nypost.com/2015/11/21/ex-babysitter-charged-in-toddlers-bizarre-abduction/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back