GUILTY CO - Rita Gutierrez-Garcia, 34, found deceased, Longmont, 18 March 2018 *ARREST*

Family of Rita Gutierrez-Garcia holds second prayer vigil for missing Longmont woman

"”Our searches will continue until we bring her home," Romero said.

She added that she's grateful for everyone who has helped support her family and is continuing to urge anyone with information about her daughter's disappearance to go to police.

"Our detectives are looking at everything, whether it's small or not," she said.“

——-

Family of missing Longmont woman still searching for her body

“Even though Rita Gutierrez-Garcia will never see them, her family wrote notes to hang on a tree in her memory.

One reads, "Mom come back soon. I miss you and love you. You will never be forgotten."“

All of them, thanks, Wildcat.
I waited so long to come back and read that I have forgotten which areas we were discussing originally! *Face palm* But it doesn't take long to get out of Longmont into some mountainous terrain, or in other directions, rural farmland. But this time of year, farmers are pretty active on their land, so they'd notice if something were disturbed.
There's been quite a bit of rain lately, which could help expose her location. Especially up toward Estes Park, with the Big Thompson Canyon having had major flood damage in fall 2012, and so still regrowing that vegetation that helps to avoid the land washing away.

Missing Mom: Search Continues For Rita Gutierrez Garcia
Longmont police believe she could be anywhere from Longmont to Rollins Pass outside of Nederland. That’s a lot of area for her family and friends to search.

“It’s huge,” says Holguin. “I guess we’re just going to take it week by week and just cover as much of it as we can.”

Now they are hoping to add people with drones to their search party. Sunday CBS 4 photojournalist Robert Sanchez flew Drone 4 over their search area.

I’m really sad that Rita’s case has not gotten nearly the attention a lot of other missing persons’ cases have gotten. Why is that? And the question is rhetorical because I don’t necessarily believe Colorado’s media is invested in a certain demographic.

Rita is a mom of 3 who has been missing from Longmont, CO since March 18, 2018. She was last seen at 230 in the morning in the alley behind a bar she was at celebrating St. Patrick's day with friends and family. The suspect in this case is in jail on attempted murder and rape charges on a previous woman who somehow managed to escape. Rita is presumed dead but her body hasn't been found. How to we start a discussion on her case?

I wonder if the bar had any surveillance cameras that recorded Rita...if so, what state was she in when she was last seen? Was she intoxicated? Perhaps being harassed or arguing with someone?

Also, who was the last to see her? Can s/he provide any of this information? It would be pretty important to have.

The LPD has said that they've checked all of the surveillance videos nearby and nothing was found but when family went to some of the businesses, they stated that they hadn't been contacted. Rita was with a group of friends/family and was last seen in the alley parking lot behind the bar on her phone. We still don't fully understand why the people she came with left her there.

I'll look around again. She has no FB that I can find...I'm not sure how to find her SC, and any stories would be offline by now, otherwise I would probably reach out to my friends, as I know they have seen her around previously (they are big partiers, we don't hang out because I am not lol). She has an ex-husband...but I'm not sure if he is in Mexico or CO currently.

@akazia1978 are you local here in Longmont?

Yeah, I figured you knew they weren't related :) I'm pretty sure someone would have said something if she had a boyfriend...it's more than possible that she may have met someone at the club that night also. It says in multiple articles that her friends heard her on the phone. Saying what?

I haven't seen any of these friends post on FB regarding her being missing (I could be wrong)...maybe LE said they can't? If my friend went missing I would be throwing up posts all over.

IMO, there is something really weird going on with the LPD. JMO

Glad to see this case being taken seriously by
LE.

IMO, it's not. They have the suspect in custody but IMO, they are leading the family on a wild goose chase as far as where to search and are not involved in any of the searches. They say they don't have the resources, yet they've turned the FBI & CBI away. Why? MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back