CANADA Canada - Ryan Shtuka, 20, Kamloops, BC, 17 Feb 2018

If Ryan did succumb to the elements at Sun Peak I would think his body should have been found by now. I don't remember reading about if any cadaver dogs were used in the search for Ryan.

Prayers for Ryan's family that he is found soon.

Been reading Ryan's mom's blog....she was sent a text at 9:30 pm telling her Ryan was missing. Just wondering what time he was expected to be at work???

Snipped...
...At 915 pm, we finally got home.

At 930, our lives changed forever.

“Heather, Ryan never came home last night. He didn’t show up for work today. We filed a missing police report.”

May 9,2018 - MISSING: RYAN SHTUKA

I encourage the searchers to research areas already covered. I don’t think he got far. I’d do a 1 mile radius from the starting point.
He will be found, and I believe he is probably resting in plain sight.
Thinking you might be right about that, remembering Owen Rooney finally located after many years 3 km from where he first went missing.
'It is our Owen': Australian missing for 7 years found dead in B.C. | CBC News

"Twenty-four-year-old Owen Rooney disappeared in August 2010 after wandering out of the small Boundary Hospital in Grand Forks, a small community near the U.S. border.

His family spent months searching Western Canada for their lost son, who had left both his wallet and backpack at the hospital. The family stayed in close contact with B.C. authorities after returning to Australia, hoping for word that the young man was safe."

"The B.C. Coroners Service has confirmed the news, saying the remains were found June 10 by members of Grand Forks Search and Rescue Unit, conducting a training exercise.

Hardy Mountain is within Grand Forks but consists of a steep band of cliffs and forested hills. It's located about three kilometres from the hospital in the centre of the community."

"Owen Rooney had been at a ski resort before his Canadian adventure became his family's nightmare"

Yes, as I've said upthread and on many other threads, you can literally step over remains and not see them. Mother Nature really embraces earthy remains and covers them with her soft warm blanket.

I know there are metal detectors, I need to ask one of my nerdy engineer friends to invent a "bone finder"

If Ryan did succumb to the elements at Sun Peak I would think his body should have been found by now. I don't remember reading about if any cadaver dogs were used in the search for Ryan.

Prayers for Ryan's family that he is found soon.

Just reviewing: Dogs used....(bbm above)

Specialty dogs take up search for man missing at Sun Peaks

…The dogs are trained to find human scent in wilderness, rubble and water searches. With a sense of smell a million times stronger than ours, they can detect any human trace from a distance, be it live or deceased.

"They will catch a scent from far enough and it's very important for a situation like this where the snow is so deep the dog can't go everywhere, so he has to be able to get the scent from far enough, so that he can go in the deep snow only where it's needed," says Montier.

Trudging through nearly two metres of deep snow, the canine unit is focusing on the Burfield area where Ryan was last seen. If he is there, they are confident the dogs will find him.

Winter snow can be really difficult to drive in. I have been following the case as I have son also working at a resort in a tourist area. I honestly feel someone accidentally hit Ryan with a car. Maybe not anyone even at or leaving the party. They may have panicked and moved his body far from Sunpeaks from fear of consiquencences. Is there no video from even drive ways that show any and all trucks and cars that entered or left the area? I wish there was a way to help the family. If someone has moved him I pray they come forward and stop the pain of not knowing.

Ryan Shtuka: a mother's missing child
I’ve never seen more effective, honest or compelling advocacy than Heather’s on behalf of her son and family. She has made her child alive in our hearts and minds; making him a fully realized person that, even as strangers, we feel connected to. Heather has also been incredibly generous in describing the unimaginable challenges and roadblocks that exist for families of missing people.
For more information on Ryan Shtuka or to find out how you can help visit www.ryanshtuka.com If you have any information in regards to Ryan’s whereabouts, contact the Kamloops RCMP call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).

The mind is peculiar thing...

Considering the idea that Ryan was hit by a car has had my wheels turning about the week of February 17th having been the weekend of the week following Family Day (Monday)

FAMILY day WEEK is a HUGE week of travel in Canada

BC Family Day – February 12th, 2018 - Province of British Columbia

Which leads me to an interesting Sun Peak demographic in the news recently that also came to mind with the idea of someone hitting Ryan with a car.

Sun Peaks tops list of non-resident homeowners

...A study released by Statistics Canada on June 25 placed Sun Peaks at the top of the list in B.C. with the most non-resident homeowners, 16.5 per cent. A non-resident is defined as someone who may be a citizen but doesn’t have a primary address in Canada.
Just an interesting observation, that has me wondering again, more, still.....

Where are you Ryan????

after following so many of these missing person cases it always amazes me when they are found within 1 km or so from where they were last seen. Totally agree with rosesfromangels.

I was just in Kamloops the other week on our way back from vacation, and there are still missing posters for Ryan plastered everywhere, some brand new ones. My heart aches for the family, just absolutely aches. They are so incredibly dedicated to bringing their boy home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital
Back