Found Deceased TN - David Riemens, 60, Watertown, 8 Aug 2012

Oh Girl! That is so beautiful! I wish I could sit up there in that tree house and drink some coffee and read a good book. What a wonderful life David must have lived....

As someone who loves trees and leaves like no other, I love the painting so very much. I keep seeing different things when I view it. He will never know the joy that his beautiful hand has conveyed...

I wish they'd make prints of some of his paintings. I would totally buy some and let the proceeds go to his burial/funeral costs/his favorite charity/upkeep of his treehouse, etc.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...und-wilson-county-man-missing-2012/379132002/

The sheriff’s department is continuing to investigate the case.

Riemens’ remains were discovered in an area police said was close to where his abandoned vehicle was found at a Dollar General store in Watertown.

A cause of death hasn’t been determined, police said.

BBM

I wonder if the mean that the cause of death hasn't been determined yet or if it is the final result of the autopsy.

Well, Dr. N obviously believes foul play was involved. I wish they would make public whether or not the money he'd taken out of the bank for his MI trip was still in his wallet--or not.

So glad his body could be returned and those who cared for him could have one last time to memorialize him.

Well, Dr. N obviously believes foul play was involved. I wish they would make public whether or not the money he'd taken out of the bank for his MI trip was still in his wallet--or not.

So glad his body could be returned and those who cared for him could have one last time to memorialize him.

The money, plus the car keys.

I honestly don’t think there would have been much in the way of remains for an autopsy. I am sure the medical examiner would have been able to tell if he had been shot, say from broken or damaged bones, but I doubt there will be much more information than that. Not sure how they could even determine cause of death.

This article makes it sound like the road where his remains were found, Taylor Road (Watertown), is about 1 to 1.5 mile from the Dollar General where he left his truck. Seems like driving distance but not really walking distance.

Bryan: Watertown remains 'probably tied to' Riemens case

JMO
Just saw this case on Investigation Discovery channel. They ended with "found in a wooded area near Watertown TN".

If Taylor Road is right and if its only 1 to 1.5 miles away from the Dollar General then it seems obvious to me he met with foul play after getting in a car of the other person he allegedly met at Dollar General.

The motive was probably just to rob him of whatever money he had on him at the time which is so sad. The person could have also gone to his home and looked for money there without making it noticeable he had been inside. If he found enough money on his person then no need to go back to his house either.

This is so sad that people rob and kill others for just money. Lives are not valuable to people like that.

I hope LE does not give up on finding the killer(s). There may have been 2 people in the car he got in. Once he got tricked to get in the other vehicle he could have easily been overpowered by either a stun gun or shot right away.

The person that called him to setup the appointment could have done so by pay phone and given him a false name so I am guessing that David had absolutely no information about the person he was meeting. Even if he wrote things down at his home it was all false information given by the perp(s).

One hope is that the homeowner where the bricks were gathered would have called LE and gave them as much information as possible about the mystery contractor and his crew.

This is solvable IMO. Hope its solved and justice served.

RIP David.

Riemens will remain in Watertown, brother says

The remains of David Riemens, the 60-year-old stone mason and artist who disappeared five-and-a-half years ago, have been returned to his adopted Wilson County hometown.

“David’s remains are now in Watertown with Hunter Funeral Home. They [the medical examiner’s office] released them from Nashville,” said his brother, Jim Riemens, referring to the skull and skeleton that were discovered Jan. 21 and Jan. 24, respectively, by the Wilson County Sheriff’s Office on a wooded hillside off Taylor Road, approximately two miles west of Watertown.

“What I’ve been told is they don’t have a cause of death yet. They said the whole process will take weeks to be completed. The funeral home has to put in something on the death certificate as cause of death. At this point the cause of death won’t be on it,” he said.

BBM

Painting David made of his treehouse:
David Riemens is Missing

View attachment 130006
This morning on the I.D. Channel, they replayed David's story. I did a search to see if anything had developed from an autopsy. I cannot find a thing. Do you know if there is any active investigation ongoing? The published stories from January only mention a skull but several comments were that a complete skeleton had been found. Any new information? Thanks.

This morning on the I.D. Channel, they replayed David's story. I did a search to see if anything had developed from an autopsy. I cannot find a thing. Do you know if there is any active investigation ongoing? The published stories from January only mention a skull but several comments were that a complete skeleton had been found. Any new information? Thanks.

I was watching that too this morning and just posted right before you did. :)

Its the first I heard of this case.
Sad case. RIP David

HI DBB, there is a lot of info on this thread, even though it is only 12 pages. This includes info from local WS-members about the location and the area.

Results of the autopsy have not been made public as far as I'm aware, only the confirmation that the remains were indeed those of David.

There has been no news about David's car keys, his wallet or the money he took for the trip he planned to take. If the keys, wallet and money were found with his remains, this would point to a medical emercency. It has been suggested that David walked from the parking lot of the DG in a straight line through the fields to his home. If he had wanted to walk to his home, this is how he would have walked, according to locals. But the reason why he would have done this remains unclear. No problems with his truck were mentioned.

I.D.Channel tells me it is not available in my region..... GREAT!

I really wish they'd at least release whether it was homicide or other manners of death. I mean, I get not releasing the full autopsy report for privacy reasons or to respect the privacy of the family, but still...

Prayers and well wishes to the family and friends of this unique man.

It's looking to be just under 2 miles on Google Earth. Temps that morning rose from 84 around 9Am to 90 at noon. I highly doubt he expired from walking for 1.5 miles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back