CA - Hostage situation at Trader Joe’s in Los Angeles, 21 July 2018

Thank you for this update. Apologies for the misunderstanding I hope this Lady pulls through.

Dear Gregjrichards,

There was confusion on the part of the news reporting. When it was stated that the grandmother had been shot 7 times, some reports stated that she was deceased. Then the reports were updated.

Also, I have to remind myself that a "grandmother" can be of a younger age than I initially imagine. This could aid in her recovery.

180721215948-trader-joes-suspect-arrested-screengrab-overlay-tease.jpg

cnn

Wonder how high the "escape" windows are? I swear it looked like one of the hostages had gone head first out the window, sans ladder. His feet were above him. There was a ladder hanging from that window, too. Hope he wasn't injured, if I really saw what I thought I saw, that is.

Imagine, any time you leave your house to go shopping, you could end up in a situation like those people did.

Agree with all who are glad there was not a huge loss of life, and I hope the perp spends a long, long time incarcerated. There never is a reason that is good enough to justify actions like his. He really didn't want to do it. Oh, yeah, sure.

92E80BB8-13B0-4D75-9869-DBDBFB492415.jpeg

THE WOMAN senselessly shot to death in a Los Angeles Trader Joe’s was the store’s beloved manager, according to reports.

Melyda Corado, 27, had worked at the grocery store for four years, according to the New York Post, and was there Saturday when a deranged, still-unidentified man — who’d just led police on a car chase — crashed into a utility pole in front of the supermarket and ran inside brandishing his weapon.

Albert Corado, Melyda’s brother, tweeted his concern on the night of the shooting when he could not locate his sister:

Supermarket standoff victim revealed

Rest In Peace Melyda Corado.

Dear Gregjrichards,

There was confusion on the part of the news reporting. When it was stated that the grandmother had been shot 7 times, some reports stated that she was deceased. Then the reports were updated.

Also, I have to remind myself that a "grandmother" can be of a younger age than I initially imagine. This could aid in her recovery.
Zen, I had read that the grandmother was 78.

Silver Lake Trader Joe's barricade: 1 dead, suspect in custody

I have been to this store. Very scary.

Here is the official statement from Trader Joe's on their website:

A Note About Our Silver Lake Store
July 22, 2018

To Our Valued Customers,

Yesterday marks the saddest day in Trader Joe’s history as we mourn the loss of one of our own. Our thoughts are with her family, and our Crew Members and customers who experienced this terrifying and unimaginable ordeal.

Our Silverlake store will remain closed until further notice to give our Crew Members time to process yesterday’s events. We will continue to do whatever we can to support them.

Thank you for your understanding and outpouring of support.

Announcements | Trader Joe's

I read somewhere, it may have been on one of the twitter feeds I was following during this nightmare. Folks who are hired at TJ's are hired based on their personality. Friendly, kind and personable. I wish them all well who survived and especially the staff who one day will walk back thru those very doors. People on twitter who shopped there new all the employees by name. So tragic they lost a co-worker.

I have been to this store. Very scary.

Here is the official statement from Trader Joe's on their website:

A Note About Our Silver Lake Store
July 22, 2018

To Our Valued Customers,

Yesterday marks the saddest day in Trader Joe’s history as we mourn the loss of one of our own. Our thoughts are with her family, and our Crew Members and customers who experienced this terrifying and unimaginable ordeal.

Our Silverlake store will remain closed until further notice to give our Crew Members time to process yesterday’s events. We will continue to do whatever we can to support them.

Thank you for your understanding and outpouring of support.

Announcements | Trader Joe's

I’m glad the company is supporting the employees which is the right thing to do. I was following events on social media and I never read one bad comment about the store or the employees all the locals who shop there were being very kind to them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back