Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
A search continues in Iowa for a 20-year-old college student who was last seen leaving for a run on Wednesday night.

Mollie Tibbetts had been dog-sitting with her boyfriend in the city of Brooklyn when she vanished, according to authorities.

"She might have a FitBit on and she might have her cellphone, but obviously we've tried just calling her but it's either off or dead so it would go straight to voicemail," boyfriend Dalton Jack told ABC News.

Iowa college student Mollie Tibbetts missing since Wednesday, was last seen going for run - NY Daily News

Confusion rains. I strongly feel everything I have read is wrong. Statements she was dog sitting With boyfriend. Then glasses ID contacts, left behind. Jogging at ten pm is something I am also questioning. Neighbors in the immediate vicinity must be checked out. How are her grades and health? Any heart condition...etc? And does she usually jog at ten pm? please reply. Has she ever jogged at night?

She was seen jogging around 5 and 5:30pm Wednesday which is normal for her. She was obviously in athletic wear
Does anyone know where that information came from please? I'm very confused because this article says her mom spoke to her at 7:30 p.m. and that she had gone jogging in Brooklyn (or was still going to go) and boyfriend had contact at 10:00 p.m. IMO-sounds to me like she did go missing overnight Wed. or Thus. before work.

Mollie Tibbetts had been dog-sitting with her boyfriend in the city of Brooklyn when she vanished, according to authorities.

This is confusing. I've read that the boyfriend and his brother were BOTH out of town working which is why she was dog sitting. Now this article says that the BF was home with her.......

This is confusing. I've read that the boyfriend and his brother were BOTH out of town working which is why she was dog sitting. Now this article says that the BF was home with her.......
Anymore it feels rare to follow a case where the media coverage is without contradictions.

Capturing what this article states, BBM: "A search continues in Iowa for a 20-year-old college student who was last seen leaving for a run on Wednesday night. Mollie Tibbetts had been dog-sitting with her boyfriend in the city of Brooklyn when she vanished, according to authorities."

Officials Call Off Sesrch for Missing College Student (following other leads)

Video - Investigators say Molly disappeared Wed. night and was last seen jogging wearing shorts, a black sports bra, and running shoes. Her wallet and ID were left behind at the home she shares with her boyfriend.

JUL 21, 2018, 8:58 PM
Video: Officials call off search for missing college student

Last edited:
Family of missing U. of Iowa student say belongings left behind

[...]

“Mollie had just been asking me this week for furniture for her apartment at school for the upcoming academic year. She had a trip planned to the Dominican Republic for next week.”

Heaston says Tibbetts was also responsible for caring for her boyfriend’s brother’s two dogs at the time she disappeared.

“I’m trying not to imagine the worst, but I’m so scared that someone took her.”

[...]

I don't have FB so I haven't read what or if family members are posting about on the find page. However, it does seem like there is a lot of conflicting information in MSM- dogsitting for someone, or dogsitting for her BF? Or dogsitting for his brother? Or dogsitting with her BF? Who lived with BF and were they all home or out of town? Unless they all work at the same place its quite coincidental that all 3 were out of town for work at the same time. Does anyone know for certain she was jogging? Or did she just tell someone she was intending to go jogging? Was she seen anywhere Wednesday or Thursday? So much info but none of it really lines up or gives a good timeline of events. Is the BF making any statements?
ETA- now the search is called off?? I hope there are answers coming soon!!

Search called off w no major press conference after saying they are following other leads...leads me to suspect foul play. I hope her laptop and any blue tooth devices in the home she or "they" were at, will be scoured for voice commands ie alexa & google home.

I don't have FB so I haven't read what or if family members are posting about on the find page. However, it does seem like there is a lot of conflicting information in MSM- dogsitting for someone, or dogsitting for her BF? Or dogsitting for his brother? Or dogsitting with her BF? Who lived with BF and were they all home or out of town? Unless they all work at the same place its quite coincidental that all 3 were out of town for work at the same time. Does anyone know for certain she was jogging? Or did she just tell someone she was intending to go jogging? Was she seen anywhere Wednesday or Thursday? So much info but none of it really lines up or gives a good timeline of events. Is the BF making any statements?
ETA- now the search is called off?? I hope there are answers coming soon!!
Search being "called off" happened Friday evening I believe, right after a group did a search in Brooklyn. I do think it is strange wording vs something like "not looking for volunteers to search at this time while we pursue other avenues".

At least one article stated that 1 or more witnesses actually saw her jogging that night. However with all the inconsistencies between different articles you start to take it all with a grain of salt...

Does anyone know where that information came from please? I'm very confused because this article says her mom spoke to her at 7:30 p.m. and that she had gone jogging in Brooklyn (or was still going to go) and boyfriend had contact at 10:00 p.m. IMO-sounds to me like she did go missing overnight Wed. or Thus. before work.
Sorry I left out the article that I was writing about. Here it is. MISSING PERSON: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member