CO CO - Tim Watkins, 61, shot to death, Mount Herman, 14 Sept 2017 #3

sillybilly, This is from the article you linked:

>"(DN) was arrested on suspicion of various crimes, including threatening someone with a hatchet, but was never named a suspect in the Watkins case. Nations, 32, was released in January without any related charges filed. He remains among "multiple" people of interest in the case, said Smith, the sheriff's detective.

"It would be nice if he gave a truthful statement to police," Smith said. "That's about the best thing he could do for himself, to exclude himself.""<

The lead detective is not only identifying him as a POI, he's inferring that either DN has refused an interview, or has lied to investigators.

What am I missing here?

Re warrant - for compliance hearing on Oct. 29th? Let's see if I remember correctly. He still has a divorce/child thing in Colorado on Aug. 14th. Don't know "what" happened at the July 23rd hearing. But I'm guessing we are not to talk about DN here?? or we can? :confused: o_O

This may be nothing more than coincidence, but I found it interesting:

On July 24th, a YouTuber streamed a video claiming that DN was currently commenting on several of his videos under the name "Dan James".
Apparently some of these had already been deleted. I was able to find two short comments; "your an idiot" and "you do the same thing!"

Then yesterday, I was reading comments at a site about the Iowa murders of Lyric and Elizabeth:

Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins

There had been only one comment in nearly 9 months, none in over five months, none by anyone named "Dan", and then this, a response to a year+ old comment, the day after the YouTube video:

Ashley on March 8, 2017 at 12:25 am

As soon as I heard about the two girls from Indiana I instantly thought of Elizabeth and Lyric case. I wonder if there is a connection :(

Re warrant - for compliance hearing on Oct. 29th? Let's see if I remember correctly. He still has a divorce/child thing in Colorado on Aug. 14th. Don't know "what" happened at the July 23rd hearing. But I'm guessing we are not to talk about DN here?? or we can? :confused: o_O

It was the compliance hearing on 7/20 in Barth that triggered the warrant...again much like his probation troubles in Colorado last month.

This may be nothing more than coincidence, but I found it interesting:

On July 24th, a YouTuber streamed a video claiming that DN was currently commenting on several of his videos under the name "Dan James".
Apparently some of these had already been deleted. I was able to find two short comments; "your an idiot" and "you do the same thing!"

Then yesterday, I was reading comments at a site about the Iowa murders of Lyric and Elizabeth:

Lyric Cook and Elizabeth Collins

There had been only one comment in nearly 9 months, none in over five months, none by anyone named "Dan", and then this, a response to a year+ old comment, the day after the YouTube video:

Ashley on March 8, 2017 at 12:25 am

As soon as I heard about the two girls from Indiana I instantly thought of Elizabeth and Lyric case. I wonder if there is a connection :(

omigod..weird.

blocked in the EU - can someone give a 10% synopsis, please? :)

TIA!
It's all just rehashed fluff tbh. Wasn't him, he's had a hard life blah blah

Tru turn your cookies off, I ws able to read it in the uk by doing so

blocked in the EU - can someone give a 10% synopsis, please? :) TIA!

<*Snipped out Daniel Nations story*>

“During a hearing over release of Watkins’ autopsy report, a prosecutor and sheriff’s investigators said that they’ve vetted multiple persons of interest in the shooting but none of them rises to the level of a suspect. Unless new clues surface or someone comes forward, Watkins’ death isn’t likely to be solved, officials said.”

Daniel Nations: 'I'm not what they made me out to be'

Last edited by a moderator:
Please, Everyone, remember we are not allowing discussion of Daniel Nations. He has nothing to do with this case.

JUST STOP!! FINAL WARNING!!!

Sorry to be like a grumpy 300-year-old librarian who forgot to eat her prunes but come on. Please stop it OK? You are making so much extra work for the mods.
Please?
Thank you.
Tricia

Please, Everyone, remember we are not allowing discussion of Daniel Nations. He has nothing to do with this case.

Thank you.
Tricia

With all due respect, you don't know that. Everyone is a suspect until there is a confession or evidence to say otherwise. And DN told several obvious lies in his Gazette interview. He put himself in the situation(s) he is in. He is anything but a victim.

It's interesting that the DN interview comes out and now the crime scene is roped off again.
Authorities return to scene of Palmer Lake mountain biker's slaying, hunt for more clues

I would also like to point out that in the picture of where they found TW that is not a shallow grave. It is an old hole dug by prospectors and others looking for gold and gems. Those holes are all over the hills up there. Notice there is no fresh dirt around the hole. because the hole was already there. My opinion they should look for trees with hatchet marks nearby.

Go ahead. You can ban me I just don't care anymore. DN is still at the top of my list no matter what the sheriff says. Your website though. So do whatever you want.

With all due respect, you don't know that. Everyone is a suspect until there is a confession or evidence to say otherwise. And DN told several obvious lies in his Gazette interview. He put himself in the situation(s) he is in. He is anything but a victim.

It's interesting that the DN interview comes out and now the crime scene is roped off again.
Authorities return to scene of Palmer Lake mountain biker's slaying, hunt for more clues

I would also like to point out that in the picture of where they found TW that is not a shallow grave. It is an old hole dug by prospectors and others looking for gold and gems. Those holes are all over the hills up there. Notice there is no fresh dirt around the hole. because the hole was already there. My opinion they should look for trees with hatchet marks nearby.

Go ahead. You can ban me I just don't care anymore. DN is still at the top of my list no matter what the sheriff says. Your website though. So do whatever you want.

Thanks for the link, emptybottles. That's encouraging to see they're out there again. Seems like something might've shaken loose? Noted some interesting comments under the most recent article. Also thanks for the info on the origin of the 'shallow grave'. Wonder why they didn't point that out in the more recent article(s)? It's kind of a big detail, as 'shallow grave' is a bit misleading, IMHO. So TW's killer used what was already there, less time needed to hide the body.
Really hoping this latest activity produces a strong lead and TW's family, friends and the community can get some closure soon.

The area, which runs through the canyon west of Mount Herman, was closed at 6 a.m. Wednesday by El Paso County sheriff’s deputies for an “active investigation,” according to Jacqueline Kirby, a sheriff’s spokeswoman. The site is expected to remain closed through Friday or Saturday, and there is no threat to public safety, she said. She declined to offer further details, citing concerns that the investigation could be compromised.

yeah....well the scene is probably compromised after a year. why, now?

The area, which runs through the canyon west of Mount Herman, was closed at 6 a.m. Wednesday by El Paso County sheriff’s deputies for an “active investigation,” according to Jacqueline Kirby, a sheriff’s spokeswoman. The site is expected to remain closed through Friday or Saturday, and there is no threat to public safety, she said. She declined to offer further details, citing concerns that the investigation could be compromised.

yeah....well the scene is probably compromised after a year. why, now?

My guess would be a ridiculously late search for ballistic evidence. I know it's common for some .22 bullets to fragment badly. It's possible LE doesn't have a usable sample to compare with a weapon. It would definitely help explain some things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back