NV - 59 Dead, over 500 injured in Mandalay Bay shooting in Las Vegas, 1 Oct 2017 #10

MGM contends that under the law, which Congress passed in 2002, it is immunized from liability because it met two conditions: A security company that was hired for the concert had a certification from the Department of Homeland Security, and the shooting qualified, in the company’s view, as an “act of terrorism.”
[...]
Mr. Doyen wrote that the shooting “appears to have been the first act of mass violence at an event at which a D.H.S.-certified service or technology was employed” — one of the conditions for triggering the liability shield. “No court opinions apply or interpret the statute,” he added.

MGM Resorts Sues 1,000 Victims of Las Vegas Shooting, Seeking to Avoid Liability
(BBM)

It limits liabilities when a company or group uses services certified by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and mass attacks occur.
According to the law, companies who provide security equipment or services during a terrorist attack can use the government contractor defence.
The company claims it falls under this law because of two reasons: its security vendor for the concert, Contemporary Services Corp, was federally certified at the time of the October 1 shooting and the incident was a mass shooting.
"If defendants were injured by Paddock's assault, as they allege, they were inevitably injured both because Paddock fired from his window and because they remained in the line of fire at the concert," according to the MGM lawsuits.

Here's why the Mandalay Bay hotel is suing victims of the Las Vegas shooting - ABC News

(BBM)

MGM contends that under the law, which Congress passed in 2002, it is immunized from liability because it met two conditions: A security company that was hired for the concert had a certification from the Department of Homeland Security, and the shooting qualified, in the company’s view, as an “act of terrorism.”
[...]
Mr. Doyen wrote that the shooting “appears to have been the first act of mass violence at an event at which a D.H.S.-certified service or technology was employed” — one of the conditions for triggering the liability shield. “No court opinions apply or interpret the statute,” he added.

MGM Resorts Sues 1,000 Victims of Las Vegas Shooting, Seeking to Avoid Liability
(BBM)

It limits liabilities when a company or group uses services certified by the US Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and mass attacks occur.
According to the law, companies who provide security equipment or services during a terrorist attack can use the government contractor defence.
The company claims it falls under this law because of two reasons: its security vendor for the concert, Contemporary Services Corp, was federally certified at the time of the October 1 shooting and the incident was a mass shooting.
"If defendants were injured by Paddock's assault, as they allege, they were inevitably injured both because Paddock fired from his window and because they remained in the line of fire at the concert," according to the MGM lawsuits.

Here's why the Mandalay Bay hotel is suing victims of the Las Vegas shooting - ABC News

(BBM)
I thought I was seeing things when this news alert popped up on my screen. Are you kidding me??? On what grounds?

Time to roll out the tumbrels for the greedy CEO's.

Sadly, if this case is appealed all the way to the SCOTUS, the new majority of justices will probably rule in favor of the CEO's.

No words...

I could not help but feel that this is so obnoxious that it deserves its own thread.

What is our civilization coming to? This kind of nonsense takes years time money . They will end up spending more of their precious loot doing this than to help the people who were shot at cause whatever illegal operation they were running out of their hotel went really really wrong .

It impedes moving away from that terrorizing night for all involved - constantly having to talk about with attorneys etc etc. For years .

The least they could do is pickup everyones medical bills pay for therapy pay for time missed from life cause your money making operation messed up -- give me a effing break.

they can write it all off guys which makes it more disgusting than it already is if that is possible?

What are gonna have next murderers suing family members of people they shot?

Car manufacturers suing people hurt in their defective cars cause cars can be dangerous

Locations with stairs suing someone who falls for the repair and or cleanup of the stairwell?

Mind twisting IMO

Lawsuits claim MGM has no liability to Las Vegas shooting victims

Last edited:
[...]

(BBM)

(BBM)

I really hope this move by MGM Resorts makes people stop and think about falling for the propaganda about "excessive lawsuits", etc. That's incorrect information they disseminate and here's what they do when that propaganda works on politicians. We need to protect our own Constitutional rights, not those of the likes of MGM Resorts. They look out for themselves very well.

More:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna892291

MGM is technically "suing" the defendants, but not in the familiar "personal injury" sense. That is, MGM is not accusing the victims of carelessly causing MGM harm, nor are they demanding money from the bereaved. This case will not culminate in emotional testimony from shooting victims before a jury. It’s likely that this case will be decided by a judge, with little or no testimony required at all.

Here, MGM is asking a federal court to pre-emptively determine whether a particular federal law prohibits a lawsuit by the victims against MGM, instead forcing them to sue only the vendor that provided security, Contemporary Services Corporation. The law is called the SAFETY Act.

This latest news (re: MGM's preemptive attempt to thwart liability) is so repugnant, in such poor taste, and such a PR nightmare that I had a hard time believing that it was real news. I had to read three separate articles, published by different news outlets, before I could accept it as factual information. Unbelievable!

The worst part of it was the company spokesperson's response to the backlash MGM has received since the news went public. In an effort to assuage the understandably angry public, they claim the reason they filed the lawsuit is because they want to move litigation to federal court to speed up the process and spare the victims from further victimization.

Give me a break, lady! There's not a human being on this earth that buys the BS you're trying to sell with that answer.

Per the FIT report, page 24
LVMPD had 51 personnel assigned to work special events overtime for the Route 91 Festival.

'There are bodies lying everywhere': The security CEO from the doomed Vegas concert talks about getting the call
Damon Zumwalt's company, Contemporary Services, employed about 200 people working security at the Route 91 Harvest music festival.

Zumwalt says there's "nothing you can do" when someone is shooting from another building above the venue.

Security CEO in charge of Route 91 Harvest festival speaks out
The only way to prevent something like this from happening is do what they do in some of the countries outside of the U.S. after terrorist attacks and things like that, is that they have gone to scanning everything going into the hotel, just like we do at the airport,” Zumwalt told FOX Business anchor Liz Claman on “Countdown to the Closing Bell.

I could not help but feel that this is so obnoxious that it deserves its own thread.

What is our civilization coming to? This kind of nonsense takes years time money . They will end up spending more of their precious loot doing this than to help the people who were shot at cause whatever illegal operation they were running out of their hotel went really really wrong .

It impedes moving away from that terrorizing night for all involved - constantly having to talk about with attorneys etc etc. For years .

The least they could do is pickup everyones medical bills pay for therapy pay for time missed from life cause your money making operation messed up -- give me a effing break.

they can write it all off guys which makes it more disgusting than it already is if that is possible?

What are gonna have next murderers suing family members of people they shot?

Car manufacturers suing people hurt in their defective cars cause cars can be dangerous

Locations with stairs suing someone who falls for the repair and or cleanup of the stairwell?

Mind twisting IMO

Lawsuits claim MGM has no liability to Las Vegas shooting victims

BOYCOTT the hotel.

Sadly, if this case is appealed all the way to the SCOTUS, the new majority of justices will probably rule in favor of the CEO's.
Though I hope MGM wins, I hope it is not in this manner. The attack was not terrorism as the perpetrator had no identifiable socio economic motive.

That aside, i don't think MGM is in any way negligent. I am not surprised that ambulance chasing attorneys have filed hundreds of lawsuits- including a number in CA, global epicenter of the "Sue'em culture. But the attorneys know who has the deep pockets.

Though I hope MGM wins, I hope it is not in this manner. The attack was not terrorism as the perpetrator had no identifiable socio economic motive.

That aside, i don't think MGM is in any way negligent. I am not surprised that ambulance chasing attorneys have filed hundreds of lawsuits- including a number in CA, global epicenter of the "Sue'em culture. But the attorneys know who has the deep pockets.

According to our transparent, honest ,cooperative , sheriff and his law abiding department this was not a terrorist attack.

If you look at this for what it is : a machine gun store, with lots of explosives, that terrorists use ,death and injury numbers , vague and mysterious funding , international travel, and mass pandomondom that exceeds the terrorist attacks in paris one might be open to the notion that ----- wait for it...........

our sheriff might not be telling the truth .......again ...and again ......again ...and again ......again ...and again ......again ...and again

It is just bizarre - like some other things happening - that lie after lie after lie does not result in folks concluding that this tale is not to be believed.

It used to be typical human behavior , after an individual is blatantly caught endlessly not telling the truth others tend to take not and not believe anything out of said individuals mouth.

That is normative. Logical. Historic. Often true.

A fact that the facts are not being provided.

For some reason ...................................................................

Last edited:
Ironically, if one looks at this tragedy, just through this thread itself evolving information that might have been CT way back - these days these notions are coming to light when facts were forcefully released. moo

Ironically, if one looks at this tragedy, just through this thread itself evolving information that might have been CT way back - these days these notions are coming to light when facts were forcefully released. moo

According to our transparent, honest ,cooperative , sheriff and his law abiding department this was not a terrorist attack.

If you look at this for what it is : a machine gun store, with lots of explosives, that terrorists use ,death and injury numbers , vague and mysterious funding , international travel, and mass pandomondom that exceeds the terrorist attacks in paris one might be open to the notion that ----- wait for it...........

our sheriff might not be telling the truth .......again ...and again ......again ...and again ......again ...and again ......again ...and again

It is just bizarre - like some other things happening - that lie after lie after lie does not result in folks concluding that this tale is not to be believed.

It used to be typical human behavior , after an individual is blatantly caught endlessly not telling the truth others tend to take not and not believe anything out of said individuals mouth.

That is normative. Logical. Historic. Often true.

A fact that the facts are not being provided.

For some reason ...................................................................

Follow the money.
Someone was blackmailed or being paid to STFU or to lie.
I'd love to see an investigative journalist pull this apart or an independent agency.

[...]

(BBM)

(BBM)

So MGM is relying on legislation that may classify Paddock’s act as “an act of terrorism”. I suppose that might depend on the legal definition of what constitutes “radicalization”. That could prove interesting....

“.....So what does this mean for the Paddock investigation?
Police are not jumping to any conclusions about Paddock’s motives, and nor should we. But it is striking that there is evidence that he, like so many mass shooters, may have nurtured the ideas of the conspiracy-minded far right.

Often such beliefs are viewed as harmless, and increasingly they have been normalized by the success of figures like Alex Jones. But we need to start taking seriously the possibility that they radicalize some people towards violence.....”
New documents suggest Las Vegas shooter was conspiracy theorist – what we know

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen