Found Deceased IA - Mollie Tibbetts, 20, Poweshiek County, 19 Jul 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last person believed to have had contact with Mollie is her boyfriend, around 10 p.m. Wednesday night. Mollie lived her with mom for the summer while on college break, but also spent time at her boyfriend's apartment, according to her mom.

But there's another possibility.

"Possibly she went missing the next morning. She works for the day care and they were going to the fair Thursday and were all supposed to wear red shirts," said Laura. "And we can't find that red shirt Mollie was supposed to wear that morning anywhere."

This leads the family to believe that maybe Mollie didn't go missing until the next morning, which was Thursday.

MISSING PERSON: 20-year-old missing in Poweshiek County

My understanding:
-Dalton Jack is her boyfriend. He was out of town. She was staying at his place (which he shares with his brother and brother’s girlfriend) to take care of their dogs
-a couple people in town saw her jogging around 5 and 5:30 that evening. That was last time she was seen
-she sent Dalton a picture of herself as a Snapchat to tell him goodnight around 10pm that night. Nothing unusual about it.

My understanding:
-Dalton Jack is her boyfriend. He was out of town. She was staying at his place (which he shares with his brother and brother’s girlfriend) to take care of their dogs
-a couple people in town saw her jogging around 5 and 5:30 that evening. That was last time she was seen
-she sent Dalton a picture of herself as a Snapchat to tell him goodnight around 10pm that night. Nothing unusual about it.
I agree these are the facts that seemed to be well established a day or two ago but now all kinds of inconsistencies are popping up in articles. Like this on the communication at 10pm:
"Tibetts boyfriend, Dalton Jack, told ABC News she went for a run around 10 pm."
Hundreds join search for missing jogger Mollie Tibbetts in Iowa

Was it a "goodnight" snapchat or a "hey fyi I'm going for a run, again, 5 hours after my last run, when it's pitch black in Brooklyn, Iowa." I used to live a couple towns over from Brooklyn, and IMO it would be creepy as hell to be out running that late in that setting.

This is so confusing....

She was staying at her boyfriends place, watching the dogs, i guess she finished with the dogs and went to jog at 5:30 pm when some people saw her, that night she slept at her boyfriends place and she sent him a snapchat and that's all, from my point of view.

I don't understand the 10pm run tho... someone should come out and set the timeline and stories straight. o_O

Well this is very confusing reporting by msm! I think in a case like this we should go with what is posted on the Find Molly page on facebook.

Whatever the right version it does not look like there will be a happy outcome imo.

Does anyone know if there’s a way to submit something online vs call? I know someone who was in the Waterloo area that week and would be traveling back to Chicago via I-80. He also stopped communicating with me after 5pm on Wednesday and I didn’t hear from him again until Saturday.

May be total coincidence but probably worth submitting since I don’t know him too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88